FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

[ROM][WIP][PREVIEW] CyanogenMod 10.0 Preview Edition!

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,347

By rayman, Senior Recognized Developer on 18th July 2012, 11:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th July 2012, 06:28 PM |#101  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpierredev

I'm new to flashing for the asus tab and was wondering if there was a special way to flash back to ics from jb? I wiped and restored my nandroid but it just sits at the boot screen.. ne help would be greatly appreciated?

you need to re-flash your ics kernel you were using. A nandroid backup does not back up the kernel. It's still trying to use the jellybean 4.1.1 kernel that was last flashed.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbrox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cbrox Ad-Free

19th July 2012, 06:36 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 692

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpierredev

I'm new to flashing for the asus tab and was wondering if there was a special way to flash back to ics from jb? I wiped and restored my nandroid but it just sits at the boot screen.. ne help would be greatly appreciated?

I have had to restore the nandroid, then restore the kernel for ICS. Nandroid does not back up the kernel.

Which ICS build are you trying to revert to, stock, or a custom ROM?
The Following User Says Thank You to frederuco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frederuco Ad-Free
19th July 2012, 06:42 PM |#103  
Flag Blairgowrie
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Smile Preview ROM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukay

Web browsing has been working great for me as well. I've been zooming around xda with no issues. And I'm not seeing any issues with sound either, it seems to sound just as good as ICS did. I just can't get over jellybean, its just so slick

Agree!
19th July 2012, 06:52 PM |#104  
Flag Bonner Springs, KS
Thanks Meter: 1,767

Donate to Me
More
Curiously, Google Now has the same washed out appearance that I'm seeing in the threads in this forum.
19th July 2012, 07:01 PM |#105  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 98

More
the Asus dock was added to the linux kernel although I forget when but it would be easy to look up.

Sent from my EPAD using XDA Premium HD app
19th July 2012, 07:24 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is anyone else having issues with gmail and Chrome? I tried the CM10 preview BECAUSE gmail would hang and crash and I could NEVER use it...always had to open a browser. And Chrome is super laggy also. Maybe these are simply byproducts of an early release, but no one else mentioned these in this thread (that I noticed).

Overall, it looks great...hopefully there will be some incremental updates soon to address Now and the sound issues.

Nice to see some JB on my sad old TF101!
19th July 2012, 07:37 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Do I have to do a wipe to factory settings to flash this?
19th July 2012, 07:39 PM |#108  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 2,893

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharris4

Do I have to do a wipe to factory settings to flash this?

Pretty much yes.
19th July 2012, 07:39 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I flashed yesterday afternoon. Google Play, youtube, wifi, my games, chrome...all working wonderfully! Few small bugs here and there, like the sd card. Overall very impressed for a preview. Can't wait till nightly builds start! I cannot compare to the other 2 JB builds, have not tried those yet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
19th July 2012, 07:44 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
IF I have a different recovery, something other than clockwork mod, can I still flash this.

Nevermind, the recovery I have is CWM based.
19th July 2012, 07:59 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 575

Donate to Me
More
I flashed this yesterday as soon as I say it, and I am happy to report that things are working ~75-80%. Camera, google voice, etc. all work.

The sound is extremely tinny, and muted, although it works, which is nice.
The mic does NOT work though, and is not used/detected on all apps with the exception of google voice.
Finally, I am getting periodic SOD's, probably due to your early kernel.

Good work, and I look forward to your future releases.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
asus, cyanogenmod 10, transformer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)