Hello and welcome to my guide to get the looks and feel of ICS on any device running Android 2.2 and higher! I will guide you through downloading a series of apps, and help you through setting them up. All in all, my goal is for you to be happy with the new look of your phone!
Without further adieu, lets get started.
(If the thumbnails are really small, try clicking on one, then refreshing the page)
The first section is to download Holo launcher from the Play store.
1. Once you have done that, set it as your default and go to menu>launcher settings.
2. Go to desktop settings and set the grid size to 5x4 (you will know why later).
ALSO: It is highly recommended that you go to general settings and select "Keep in memory". This will prevent launcher redraws.
3. The next step is to put the ICS search widget at the top (the fifth row) on every home screen. (Holo launcher should have replaced the GB "Search" widget with an ICS styled one. If it didn't, there's an app on the Play store called custom ICS search widget.
4. Once you have done that with that, move on to section 2
5. If you REALLY want to make it look like ICS, stick with 5 home screens as the ICS launcher only allows 5 home screens
In the second section, go to the market and download Go Locker and this theme:
1. Once you have done that, go into go locker and hit settings. Then hit enable go locker. Then go to "locker themes" and select Go locker ICS.
NOTE: you can set a password in the the go locker settings menu
2. Make sure it works! (You may have to wait 5-10 seconds after screen off for it to lock, otherwise it will resume your session)
In the third section, we will cover the status bar. Go to this link to download it.
1. Once you have done that, open the app and hit the acessability toggle. Toggle accesability and ICS status bar with it. (This will allow app notifications to be pushed to the status bar.)
2. Hit the enable button at the top, and your ready to go!
In the fourth section, we will cover the keyboard. Go to this link to download the Jelly Bean keyboard.
1. Go to settings>keyboard and language > and enable Jelly Bean keyboard.
2. Set vibrating and sound settings, then your done!
In the fifth section, we will cover apps. Go to these links to download the corresponding apps.
Chrome Icon (optional): http://icons2.iconarchive.com/icons/...hrome-icon.png
ICS Clock Widget (optional): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Fsb2dDbG9jayJd
Whew! That was a lot of links!
1. Download all the apps, and install them (self explanatory)
Note: to change the theme of ICS messaging to dark go to settings.
2. Turn off notifications from default messaging app, and hide all the other apps (default galley, camera, etc) from app draw by hitting menu in the holo launcher app draw.
3. THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL: If you like, you can change your broswer's icon to a chrome icon by holding down on the shortcut and selecting edit.
4. THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL: If you like, you can add the ICS clock widget shown in the first picture at the top. Its free on the android market
ICS wallpapers: http://www.mediafire.com/?gkit90l14l15ea1
ICS ringtones: http://www.mediafire.com/?ij37wmj5rhmgrwr
You need CWM to flash the ICS ringtones ZIP. If you don't have CWM you it is POSSIBLE to unzip it an use a single .ogg for your ringtone, but you can't put the whole pack, or use the notification/alarm pack. (credits go to 3xeno)
I hope you guys liked this guide, and if you did don't hesitate to hit the thanks button . Please tell me If I am not clear on some parts, I need to add something, or I made any grammatical errors.