XDA Android App - Problems / Bugs / Feature Requests etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Might be a dumb question, but did you click on the topics tab under favorites?(just double checking)

Thanks button isn't 'missing.' It doesn't exist in the app :p

I agree the in-app search function is pretty useless.

Sent from a phone inside a phone inside a KFC inside a McDonald's | GR-11 Captivate

I said that it foes not show All my subscribed threads. Which means that I know where they are in the app, but it shows only some. And yes I clicked

[Sig] dId you know? If you Insert a Coin on your Desire, then it levels up to HD, Z or S :[/Sig] !!!! 10 post limit for off topic NOW!!!!

twvance

Jan 8, 2011
Athens, Georgia
I said that it foes not show All my subscribed threads. Which means that I know where they are in the app, but it shows only some. And yes I clicked

My bad...I apparently didn't read the word "all."

I remember having that problem a looong time ago. Both subscribed threads and forums would sometimes not show up under favorites. Ever since I got the premium app though, it hasn't been an issue. Are you using free out premium? It might be with the buck our two to get the premium app.
(Unfortunately I don't have a fix for you either way)

Sent from a phone inside a phone inside a KFC inside a McDonald's | GR-11 Captivate

Super_Dork_42

I figured out something interesting. The force close issues people have been having have happened to me. Every time I open the app it fcs. Not always right away but eventually, always at least once. But the thing I found out I found on a hunch. I went to xda in tapatalk instead and guess what? It happened there too. So I don't think its xda app. Unless xda app uses tapatalk as its base. Just thought someone would find that interesting.

Sent from my ERIS ADR6200 using XDA Premium App

IndyRoadie

Aug 1, 2010
I figured out something interesting. The force close issues people have been having have happened to me. Every time I open the app it fcs. Not always right away but eventually, always at least once. But the thing I found out I found on a hunch. I went to xda in tapatalk instead and guess what? It happened there too. So I don't think its xda app. Unless xda app uses tapatalk as its base. Just thought someone would find that interesting.

Sent from my ERIS ADR6200 using XDA Premium App

FYI, under the "More" tab it says "Courtesy of Tapatalk"

Migital Warfare

Oct 14, 2010
Riverside, RI
I'd search for this answer, but search on this site has been bugging out all day long.

I'm having trouble logging in to the XDA app. My log in and password are very much correct, and every time I try, I get a message that says the following:

You have either entered and invalid username/password, or your administrator has restricted access via Tapatalk

Any idea what I should do?

bikerabhinav

I wonder if it's a bug or not, but it's surely not user-friendly. I'm talking about the search function in the XDA App.
For instance, the keywords "how I hack mod defy" should return one really popular thread from Motorola Defy forum -http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=893291, as it does when being searched on the website. But what happens is, some totally random posts show up.
Also, a feature to jump to a particular thread by just typing the topic id[number from url] would be great.

Reactions: rohrig.daniel

twvance

Jan 8, 2011
Athens, Georgia
I wonder if it's a bug or not, but it's surely not user-friendly. I'm talking about the search function in the XDA App.
For instance, the keywords "how I hack mod defy" should return one really popular thread from Motorola Defy forum -http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=893291, as it does when being searched on the website. But what happens is, some totally random posts show up.
Also, a feature to jump to a particular thread by just typing the topic id[number from url] would be great.

+1

Sent from a phone inside a phone inside a KFC inside a McDonald's | GR-12 Captivate

pianoplayer

Dec 5, 2010
Houston
I think that any thread being posted in device Development with the [Q] tag should be automatically placed in the corresponding Q&A forum, and afterwards the poster should be notified and warned. Also a punishment should be issued (3 [Q] in Development in a week = 24 hour ban for example). This way, mods don't have to work as hard to move off topic threads in Development.

twvance

Jan 8, 2011
Athens, Georgia
I think that any thread being posted in device Development with the [Q] tag should be automatically placed in the corresponding Q&A forum, and afterwards the poster should be notified and warned. Also a punishment should be issued (3 [Q] in Development in a week = 24 hour ban for example). This way, mods don't have to work as hard to move off topic threads in Development.

Sorry if I'm not following you, but what does that have to do with the XDA Android app?

Sent from a phone inside a phone inside a KFC inside a McDonald's | GR-12 Captivate

Chezbel

Jan 16, 2011
Taipei
I think there is a minor bug with XDA Premium notifications. Here is what I see on my Desire HD, which has a single LED that is used as both a charging indicator and a notification indicator.

Scenario 1:
1) The phone is not charging (not plugged into anything) and the LED is off
2) I receive an XDA notification for a thread I've subscribed to. I hear the notification sound, but the LED does not flash
3) I do not try to read the notification (specifically do not even touch the status bar menu)
4) Plug in the phone. The LED will be lit because it is charging
5) Unplug the phone. The LED will still be lit (not flashing) until I turn on the screen and touch the status bar menu!

Scenario 2:
1) The phone is already plugged in, so the LED is lit
2) I receive an XDA notification for a thread I've subscribed to. I hear the notification sound, but naturally the LED does not flash because the charge indicator has priority
3) I do not try to read the notification (specifically do not even touch the status bar menu)
4) Unplug the phone. The LED will still be lit (not flashing) until I turn on the screen and touch the status bar menu!

Below is some logcat data for Scenario 1 (XDA notification received while phone is not charging). This info doesn't show up for a normal logcat because I added additional LOG statements to lights.c. It's interesting that all fields of the notification structure are set to 0 except for flashMode. I don't know what it means for the flash On and Off times to both be 0, is that valid? Also in the last debug statement of "FLASH: 0x00000003", the 3 means "blank" as opposed to Green, Amber or Blue.

My guess is that this keeps the LED from changing state, for example, normally when you unplug the phone the LED should turn off, but the code that does this notices that the notification structure wants to flash the LED so it skips turning off the LED. Then because the flashing is not specified properly it does nothing.

05-18 12:31:41.111 E/lights ( 1314): set_light_notifications: notification = 0x00000001
05-18 12:31:41.111 E/lights ( 1314): handle_speaker_battery_locked: battery is off, calling 'set_speaker_light_locked (dev, &g_notification)'
05-18 12:31:41.121 E/lights ( 1314): set_speaker_light_locked: Notification Info: color = 0x00000000, flashMode = 0x00000001, flashOnMS = 0x00000000, flashOffMS = 0x00000000,
brightnessMode = 0x00000000
05-18 12:31:41.121 E/lights ( 1314): set_speaker_light_locked: FLASH: 0x00000003

If I knew an easy, fast way to force XDA notifications I would experiment more, but currently this is the best info I can offer. Hopefully it helps.

Chezbel

Jan 16, 2011
Taipei
I think there is a minor bug with XDA Premium notifications.

The following resolves the issue I reported.
EDIT: but only for scenario 1 when the phone is not plugged in. Scenario 2 is still an issue.

Go to
1) settings/CyanogenMod settings/Interface/LED Notifications/Miscellaneous
2) Select the "xda premium" app
3) Select "Flash color"

I discovered that none of the color choices were selected (not even the "None" option). After I changed that to Green then the LED appears to function as expected (EDIT: for scenario 1 only) when I receive a notification. The interesting thing is that the default for XDA Premium (and some other apps) is that no color option is selected.

Last edited:

PsHegger

Dec 24, 2010
Budapest
goo.gl
New Countries

Hi all,
I have previously purchased the premium app using MarketEnabler, but now Hungary is in the supported countries too, so I would be really happy if you enable Hungary in the country list.

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
We need gif on xda app!

Sent from my HTC Desire

tumblr_lgui988mBv1qzbl7f.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Although I'm nothing todo with the XDA Android Tapa-talk based app - I thought it was about time we had a single thread for all discussions making it easier for the powers that be to monitor and give feedback via.

Feel free to ask questions about it's use and report any faults you find. You can also ask for new features, but I cannot promise they will ever be delivered.

N.B. The mods will be merging questions about the app into here from the "About" forum also.

So, have at it...

[Insert witty picture here]

Dave
    As mentioned by others, XDA are working on there own mobile app (getting away from Crapatalk) as well as a mobile version of XDA. These are probably higher up the priority list right now, but an update to the existing XDA app will be coming out soon
    Just a bit of a status update:

We had a meeting with Tapatalk last week and are preparing an update for the app that will fix the freezes and also give multiple choices for themes.

--------------------
    Sent from the my rooted Galaxy S III using Verizon's fast LTE network.
    I'm currently rebuilding the search index which knocks the "Participated threads" tab offline in the app. It will be back as soon as the reindex is done.
    XDA/Tapatalk apps are down atm. Server admin working on fixing this asap

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think! XDA, mobile wisdom, not a n00b feeding ground!!