[MOD][UPDATE][5/20/12]26.13.04.19 Radio lib-ril/gps .so updater for CM7 based ROMs

Search This thread

killj0y

Jul 2, 2011
You shouldn't be flashing this on an ICS rom. This is for CM7. You need to go to the CM9/Andromadus lib-ril thread and download that updater and flash through recovery and wipe the efs partitions.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Any idea where this thread is I'm running mimicry and can't find this thread lol

ArghArgh200

Jun 12, 2013
Seattle
arghlex.net
Can't flash it.

Got some problems here:
In an attempt to fix my wifi being broken since I flashed a different ROM (CM10.1 Andromadus Flinny's Build 25) two months ago, then flashed back after stability issues, I decided to see if flashing a newer radio would change anything, and maybe fix some ridiculous battery usage issues. My current radio version is "12.22.60.09bU_26.02.01.15_M2", and I used CyanogenMod Wiki's guide for rooting my phone initially. Successfully rooted, flashed CM7.2.0 stable, then after a month flashed the Andromadus build mentioned, ran into massive stability issues, switched back, found out my wifi was completely screwed after about a week, and about 2 months have gone by, with no solutions until I learned that the wifi issue might be linked with my radio version. So I spent today trying to flash the latest .19 radio. My bootloader looks for, and cannot find any of the following for flashing them: PC10DIAG.zip, PC10DIAG.n<something, can't remember>, PC10IMG.zip (It's sitting in /sdcard/! D:<), and PC10IMG.n<something>, and it cannot find any of them. I can't try a different SD card because I don't have one (My Milestone's 8GB one vanished, dunno where it went), and fastboot.... I'd rather just fix this and move forward. I might try it though. What should I use as a command-line (Linux Mint 15 x86_64) for flashing both .img's, if all else fails? What can I do about my bootloader not finding the files?

Thanks in advance.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Fastboot is the safest way, there is a guide just a few posts up in the stickies that covers this and everything else about your phone.
the PC10IMG.zip that isn't found is only dues to a few reasons, not named right, not on the root of SD, SD not fat partitioned, SD or sdtray broken.
Either way, fastboot is the preferred method

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ArghArgh200

Jun 12, 2013
Seattle
arghlex.net
Wi-fi still broken.

Fastboot is the safest way, there is a guide just a few posts up in the stickies that covers this and everything else about your phone.
the PC10IMG.zip that isn't found is only dues to a few reasons, not named right, not on the root of SD, SD not fat partitioned, SD or sdtray broken.
Either way, fastboot is the preferred method

Well, I flashed it with fastboot on my Linux machine after about 4 hours of downloading the Linux SDK .zip from Google's site. My SD works just fine in recovery and in Gingerbread, so who knows. Wi-Fi's still broken. I'm giving up on trying to fix it. Probably just damaged hardware, and I'll eventually be forced to buy a new phone with money I'll never have.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FOR CM7 BASED ROMS

IMPORTANT UPDATE: I have done some research on flashing radio images and found some interesting information. Apparently there are 2 files that pertain to radios in the RUU releases, a radio.img and a rcdata.img. We all have been flashing only the radio.img file but the rcdata.img contains further carrier information that directly relates to information in the build.prop file. I have put together a new 26.13.04.19 radio zip file that contains both the radio.img and the rcdata.img. The .img files were taken directly from the latest T-Mobile RUU release. This new radio/rcdata zip needs to be flashed through bootloader just like you flashed a radio in the past. As usual, you''ll need to rename the zip file to PC10IMG.zip before you reboot into bootloader. Check the MD5 Sum after you download the file to your sdcard to make sure it matches the following:

MD5 Sum: 360EA26286DEC39FC8008B266F470839

DOWNLOAD VISION_RADIO_RCDATA_12.62.60.27_26.13.04.19.zip

MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?vdecstne5uuvuxn

With the release of the latest T-Mobile update a new radio was included with the promise of better battery life. The following is from the T-Mobile support website.

On October 17, T-Mobile G2 devices will begin to receive an Over-The-Air (OTA) update to Android 2.3.4 / Software Version 2.16.531.5. The update will roll out in waves over the coming weeks.

The update provides the following improvements.

Improvements:
    Google Security Patch
    Google Skymap improvements
    Battery life improvements
    Data connection while roaming domestically

After flashing the new radio taken from the OTA listed above I really didn't notice any real improvements in battery life. After about a week using the new radio I decided to try matching the lib-ril .so files that were included in the OTA with my current installation of CM7. Almost immediately I noticed an improvement in battery life, wifi and data switching and slightly better data speeds over 4G. I have been using the matching files now for about 10 days and can say that I am getting the best battery life from my G2 since I've had it. I've been flashing CM7 nightlies since just about day one along with flashing radios etc and this is a noticeable change. I asked 2 others here in the forums to give matching lib-rils a try to see if they could confirm. Ditamae and Sino8r, who are also running CM7, have reported back to me that they too have noticed performance improvements, most notably in battery life.

From Ditamae: "Things are still looking good over here. The improvements are slight, but noticeable."

From Sino8r: "Okay, seems all is well with new libs. They have shown some promise, imo. Better battery, signal handoffs, pretty much what all we hoped for."

ATTENTION: I am not responsible if you brick your phone or if it starts a fire in your apartment by using this workaround! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Procedure:

If you are not running the .19 radio, you can get it from the links above. If you need further flashing instructions get them from this thread.

Once you are running the .19 radio, download the updater and flash through recovery. This will update your radio ril and gps .so files.

Download Radio 26.13.04.19 Radio - ril and gps .so updater for CM7 based ROMShttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/17578272/CM7_26.13.04.19radio_ril_gps_so_updater.ziphttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/17578272/CM7_26.13.04.19radio_ril_gps_so_updater.ziphttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/17578272/CM7_26.13.04.19radio_ril_gps_so_updater.zip

MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?i0ibe4mrvuqyxua

While you are in recovery, wipe your cache and dalvick cache and wipe the efs partitions by flashing the Vision EFS partion wipe tool.

Download EFS Partition Wipe Tool

Reboot your device and you're good to go.

NOTE: At first boot, it might take a little longer than usual for you to connect to your local towers since you've wiped your radio data and the efs partitions need to be re-populated with the new data. This also means you'll need to be outside and wait several minutes for a new gps lock as the new data is obtained from the satellites.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button if this works out for you!
    The problem isn't with GPS Status, it's the proliferation of the borked gps.vision.so file. Once you have the correct one, there are no issues.
    Done as requested and will let you know my experience after a couple of days.
    Also, Ed and Ditamae are two of the best guys we have here in the G2 section. Please, listen to them. You can trust about 99% of what they say... The other 1% is for their comedic effect:D

That's right...this woman didn't listen to us and refused to update her rils. :eek:

cell-phone-explosion-o.gif

:p:D
    I have to say I am VERY surprised by the results. I did 3 speedtests before matching rils and 3 after. Results are about 2.5 to 3 times faster in downloads, and about twice in upload. It should be on the same server (according to Speedtest.net app), which makes this great. I will definitely include it in the next release, which at this point might be later today.

edit: a couple more tests brought the download speeds down a little, so it might have been a fluke before, but I still see improvements, just not as big. I will still include it in the ROM, thank you for pointing it out.

edit2: did the new radio roll out with a new gps.vision.so file too? It'd be nice to see if using the new lib gives improvements on gps too.