FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.2.2][GT-P51XX][FINAL] Zap Blaster v2.3 *Stock*Debloted*Rooted*Deodexed*

1,165 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,139

Thread Closed Email Thread

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Custom Rom
"ZAP" because it's faster than stock, "BLASTER" because IR blaster works!
Built using 5113 and 5100 sources
All builds are tested on GT-P5113 before release. All GT-P5100 files are released UNTESTED so don't blame me if 3G breaks!
Flash at your own risk. Will void warranties. Not responsible for bricked devices. YMMV

GT-P51XX Zap Blaster v2.3
Root, busybox, deodex, zipalign
TouchWiz Base
Built from 5113 & 5100 4.2.2 firmwares
Debloated by 1/3!
Custom Boot Animation support
Reboot Options
init.d tweaks (SD card tweaks, Memory tweaks)
AdBlock Host
Removed updater prompts
Changed touch sound
ES File Explorer, No-Frills CPU, Adobe Flashplayer
Chrome Desktop Mode (Download Chrome from Google Play Store, and it will be in desktop mode!)

Changelog for v2.3
*FINAL RELEASE!*
Rebuilt for 4.2.2
Back to the basics
Aroma Installer
- Choose ROM Version
Stock kernel, use a custom one from XDA-Developers!

DOWNLOADS
v2.3
Android File Host
DepositFiles
md5: 43710471b43358c294c7e6fd3259df67

Bloatware
Zap Apps - Google
Play Books, Gmail, Maps, Drive, Hangouts, Play Magazines, Play Music, Play Newsstand, Play Games, Google+, Play Movies, YouTube
Android File Host - Dev-Host md5: 3f79cb8e4f4017a37c2662e42d7c3297

Zap Apps - Full
Pretty much everything I removed from the ROM. Essentially turns the tablet back to stock.
Stock sounds, stock boot/shutdown animations, stock apps, stock wallpapers, stock extra files on SD card... everything.
So if you just want a stock ROM with reboot options then flash this zip after the ROM!
Android File Host - Dev-Host md5: d71f9fe0bb23f7534324556fc6deb090

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
When coming from another ROM:
Wipe data/cache/dalvik (factory reset) using a custom recovery (I STRONGLY recommend TWRP)
Install using the latest zip and enjoy!
If you want all the Google apps back, install Zap Apps - Google
If you want it to be essentially stock + reboot options, install Zap Apps - Full

Custom recovery required!
The Following 121 Users Say Thank You to shakatu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shakatu Ad-Free

5th February 2013, 01:28 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
KNOWN BUGS/ISSUES
Glitchy boot screen: Happens when you update from ICS directly to a custom Jellybean. Update using an OTA release, then flash custom to fix.
Others? I honestly don't care.

FAQs
"Will this work on GT-P51XX?" Yes. Aroma installer lets you choose which version you have.
"Can I flash a custom kernel over this ROM?" But of course! Should work with any kernel built for 4.2.2
"Where are the other stock lockscreen wallpapers?" They are still there. Go into /system/wallpaper/ and rename either file to lockscreen_default_wallpaper.jpg and they will come back.
"I'm working on my own ROM. Can I borrow XYZ from yours?" I've worked for hours on this for free, so make sure to give proper credit and link back to this thread.
"This has completely saved my device! How can I ever repay you?" Well, you can always click "thanks!" If you want to go above and beyond, you can donate to the "Taylor needs a new smartphone" fund by clicking the button under my profile pic.

Thanks
Samsung for a great Tablet, Google for a great OS
UOT Kitchen Team for battery icons
amarullz for the original Aroma install script
brolee93 for original Reboot Options script
lokeshsaini94 for the original instructions of how to create a custom ROM

Special Thanks
jmichaels1982
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to shakatu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shakatu Ad-Free
5th February 2013, 01:29 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Old Changelog

v2.2
DMD1 firmware
Next 1.4.1 kernel
Download
v2.1
Aroma Installer
- Choose ROM Version
- Choose Kernel
Fix Talk.apk
Fix init.d script & moved to data/local/userinit.d
v2.0
COMPLETELY rebuilt for 4.1.2
Even more debloat than before! (Less than 500MB for a ROM file?!?)
If you want all the Samsung apps back, install Zap Apps
Updated several built-in apps to latest versions (But not all... more will may come later)
v1.6
Old version for Android 4.1.1
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to shakatu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shakatu Ad-Free
5th February 2013, 01:53 AM |#4  
Flag Glace Bay
Thanks Meter: 27

More
So happy to have some roms to flash on my device. It's been a while since I had a phone with a lot of development, my incredibe S is smashed and i need a heat gun to repair it but I thought there'd be lots of development on the Galaxy Tab 2 but there isn't. Although I'm noticing it's starting to pick up a bit, it's so awesome. I prefer the TW roms to the aosp because the tab 2 has a keyboard with the numbers at the top, instead of long pressing the qwerty buttons. I much like that and now I am sure I will like this! Can't wait to test it out after work.
The Following User Says Thank You to sixty_oz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sixty_oz Ad-Free
5th February 2013, 02:14 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][GT-p5113] Zap Blaster
Thanks man im loving your other rom im sure this will be just as good

Sent from my GT-P5113 using xda premium
5th February 2013, 03:34 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
wat

**** yeah
The Following User Says Thank You to WilliamHicks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WilliamHicks Ad-Free
5th February 2013, 04:00 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Does anyone actually want a Quick Reboot option? I have it in mind to remove that choice as it worked before using the OC kernel, but won't now. I'm really not sure if it can be fixed...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shakatu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shakatu Ad-Free
5th February 2013, 07:11 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
It would be kind of nice if you need to report for an app or mod etc

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
5th February 2013, 07:35 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Yeah that's true, but like I said the code wasn't changed, but it no longer works. I'll double-check my file sometime JIC and if it IS the kernel, I'll possibly make an update removing the option for now. I saw a different line of code somewhere I could try in the future, but forgot where.

Edit: Well, I found the code, but there's no guarantee it will work, or that I'll even be able to check it out tonight.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shakatu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shakatu Ad-Free
5th February 2013, 08:34 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Either way, awesome rom, now I just have to figure out how to change the boot animation and hopefully get multiWindow eventually

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ChillinnPhillinn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChillinnPhillinn Ad-Free
5th February 2013, 09:02 PM |#11  
Flag San Angelo
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty_oz

So happy to have some roms to flash on my device. It's been a while since I had a phone with a lot of development, my incredibe S is smashed and i need a heat gun to repair it but I thought there'd be lots of development on the Galaxy Tab 2 but there isn't. Although I'm noticing it's starting to pick up a bit, it's so awesome. I prefer the TW roms to the aosp because the tab 2 has a keyboard with the numbers at the top, instead of long pressing the qwerty buttons. I much like that and now I am sure I will like this! Can't wait to test it out after work.

+1 Glad to finally have something new....downloading now!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
p5100, p5110, p5113, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread