FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,609 Vote(s)
64.00%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

416 Vote(s)
16.55%
I don't know.

489 Vote(s)
19.45%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,929

Post Reply Email Thread
6th November 2013, 01:30 AM |#5021  
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 119

Donate to Me
More
Search the thread for your device theres a lot of instructions that might be helps you anyway maybe you need to reflash it back to stock

Sent from my GT-S5660
6th November 2013, 05:58 AM |#5022  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wraith

Depends on what that update.zip contains..its all the same..do you know how to flash the stock rom on your phone?

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

By bricked do you mean soft bricked or hard bricked..soft bricked means your device will power up with a flashing screen or device logo and get stuck,.hard brick is that fn will be totally dead..no response whatsoever..

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Tried updating su binary through superuser?

By brick i mean hard brick i have lost my stock rom stock recovery but after some work around in this form i some how found my stock preloder with whch i flashed different roms but cannot recover my phone but i some how recovered recovry but its in russian language and phone boots main screen shows but afyer that nothing works on lcd touch not working its lije a dumy now
6th November 2013, 07:33 AM |#5023  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifau00

Yea you need to get 10 posts before you can post in a dev thread.. I'm also working my way up hehe .. u can post in general discussion

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

How to increase multitouch on ics/jb?

new to the world of rooting but please thank me if i helped u
Samsung Galaxy Music Duos[Rooted]
6th November 2013, 07:39 AM |#5024  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDICT.ANK

use a supported recovery for ur device.

As the recovery's not supported by the device to work.

So flash cwm. It will work

which recovery did u flashed actually?

where can I get recovery for my device?I didn't flash any recovery on it, I just managed to access it through mobile uncle and I find it strange that I can't access it through vol up and power button.
6th November 2013, 09:03 AM |#5025  
Privacy
Thanks Meter: 605

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeez butt

By brick i mean hard brick i have lost my stock rom stock recovery but after some work around in this form i some how found my stock preloder with whch i flashed different roms but cannot recover my phone but i some how recovered recovry but its in russian language and phone boots main screen shows but afyer that nothing works on lcd touch not working its lije a dumy now

use hardware keys like vol keys for browsing through recovery..
6th November 2013, 10:02 AM |#5026  

More
Quote:

Originally Posted by akins47 View Post
how cn i get the kernel of the rom i flashed earlier. is it included in the zip file or wil i download it differently

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

yeah, it is actually PG32IMG.zip, it didnt work out either
Okay. What did u get when you tried that process. If the file was named correctly and it didn't work,try the same method again but only this time use a different sdcard. Happened to my friend.

wow, 10x a bunch. i have changed the sd card and tried it again & guess what, it loaded this time but says battery too low to perform the operation. i'm charging the battery now, hope it works.
btw, i renamed the ROM i was trying to install that got the phone bricked to PG32IMG, hope it has no effect? or is there a specific file that must be in the PG32IMG
6th November 2013, 10:41 AM |#5027  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDICT.ANK

Yes titanium will do that for u with ur data only not the apk..

copy the surfers folder from mnt/asec. It will be having apk and data.

and also from root dir go to data- data and copy the surfers folder from there too.

So data willl be in titanium and also on ur sdcard too.

and for backing up apk's u can use es file explorer ETC. also.

I don't need to back up the apk if I'm using the most current one from the Play store, correct?

I used Titanium Backup on Subway Surfers on my old phone and then tried to restore it on my tablet. It didn't work. Titanium said it successfully completed the restore but my game data wasn't updated. I then tried copying the files manually from Android/Data and android_secure but that didn't work either.

As a test, I used Helium to backup Subway Surfer on my tablet and it successfully restored on my Nexus. So how can I get Subway Surfers off my old Gingerbread phone and on to the Nexus if I can't use Helium on the Gingerbread phone? That is where I have the highest level and the most boards/characters/keys/coins so that's the game I want.

Is this something I can only do with the paid version of Titanium Backup? I was hoping to avoid the paid version because I plan on using Helium instead.
6th November 2013, 10:44 AM |#5028  
Flag Rajkot
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I cant find any g packages bro... and tell me how to update play store. I want to run apps like subway surf and bbm on my galaxy y duos with ICS fusion rom. Please help.

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda app-developers app
6th November 2013, 11:05 AM |#5029  

More
How to use the d-kernel swap feature on galaxy ace 2? Does it need vold.fstab file? If yes, which vold.fstab file i should use? I'm running official 4.1.2 jellybean on my galaxy ace 2

Sorry for this noob question and sorry for my bad english

Sent from my GT-I8160 using xda app-developers app
6th November 2013, 11:24 AM |#5030  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 232

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akins47

wow, 10x a bunch. i have changed the sd card and tried it again & guess what, it loaded this time but says battery too low to perform the operation. i'm charging the battery now, hope it works.
btw, i renamed the ROM i was trying to install that got the phone bricked to PG32IMG, hope it has no effect? or is there a specific file that must be in the PG32IMG

Okay normally that zip file has data.IMG, system.IMG in it. So ifbu open the zip with winrarvand it has those files then it should work. But I suggest u search for that PG32IMG file and use it.
It would restore ur stock ROM and stock recovery and u would loose root.

Sent from my myTouch 4G using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Note if it fails to flash, then it means the file is not the correct file.

Sent from my myTouch 4G using Tapatalk
6th November 2013, 11:33 AM |#5031  
Flag Alliance, OH
Thanks Meter: 2

More
help
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnemc

In response to PM question, I rooted the table using the Root RK29 Tab Toolkit 1.3 that I found here on the forum in another thread --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1967699

After you root you will want to install gapps-ics-20120429-signed and then you will want to install Play Store APK_3.9.17.apk.

sorry but how exactly do you install gapps?

and thank u so much
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)