[ROM][XXLQ9] BlueBerry ROM 2.1a - Camera Mod + Tweaks + Fixes

Search This thread

abu46

Dec 7, 2011
@vrajan

first of all thnaks for the beautiful rom

can you plz list the apps that you have removed from the stock firmware

and secondly as i am on ardatdat kernel v 4.1, is it safe to install this rom as it would install a lower version of the kernel?

vrajan

May 11, 2008
Chennai
Okay I dunno why I'm facing a lot of lags :/ :(

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda app-developers app

Don't be panic. You shouldn't be facing any lag in this rom. Are you facing it in the fresh installation without installing any apps. I have 60+ apps running in my device without any lag and 6 services running in the background always.

In case If you are not aware, have a habit of killing tasks using task manager like advanced task mgr app after booting once or use fast reboot app to refresh all the running services or to auto close unnecessarily running apps/services that are not actually being used like maps etc.

Sent from my GT-I9103

Reactions: pulley06

pulley06

Apr 23, 2012
Indianapolis
Yeah I was facing with out any apps. I installed titanium from the market & then my device started hanging randomly :( I could flash thru Odin properly & even install your rom thru cwm.

vrajan

May 11, 2008
Chennai
Yeah I was facing with out any apps. I installed titanium from the market & then my device started hanging randomly :( I could flash thru Odin properly & even install your rom thru cwm.

That's strange. Send me the services running screenshot. Also test the performance uninstalling titanium. I still use old titanium 4.6.7 free app and I never upgraded after that.

Sent from my GT-I9103

pulley06

Apr 23, 2012
Indianapolis
I reverted back to my cwm back up as I would be away from my PC. I'll upload asap. Thank you for your help :)

vrajan

May 11, 2008
Chennai
@vrajan

first of all thnaks for the beautiful rom

can you plz list the apps that you have removed from the stock firmware

and secondly as i am on ardatdat kernel v 4.1, is it safe to install this rom as it would install a lower version of the kernel?

Thanks. I have listed below the apks removed from the stock ROM. If i understand correct It is always safe when you switch between Ardatdat kernels. Install the rom first and then you can install 4.1 on top of that.

AccuWeatherDaemonService
SamsungWidget_WeatherClock
SamsungWidget_News
ChocoEukor
DigitalClock
DualClock
PlusOne
Memo
MiniDiary
Postit
GenieWidget
SecretWallpaper1
RoseEUKor
Tasks
SecretWallpaper2
SamsungWidget_StockClock
SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor
kieswifi
snsprovider
snsdisclaimer
snsaccountfb
snsaccountli
snsaccounttw
snsImageCache
SocialHub
SocialHubWidget
SamsungApps*
ReadersHub
sevenengine
musichub_15
Days
Microbes
twlauncher*

Few additional apps that can also be removed (manually) are "Wifi Sharing" and "Wifi Sharing Manager".

Last edited:

dr.ngk

May 15, 2012
Mumbai
I had neo Rom v3 flashed over xwla4 then i got ics from machrams backup n flashed pankajs deodexed Rom and ardatdat kernel v4. And your blueberry mods for toggles .Device is working absolutely fine without any battery drain. Can i flash your rom over this existing configuration? Or should i flash xxlq9 and then flash your rom? What will be the potential difference
Just need an opinion
LIVE LIFE KING SIZE!

Reactions: pulley06

venkatraman

Dec 31, 2011
My screen goes blank often:(.happened thrice already..had to remove battery to get it working..

vrajan

May 11, 2008
Chennai
I had neo Rom v3 flashed over xwla4 then i got ics from machrams backup n flashed pankajs deodexed Rom and ardatdat kernel v4. And your blueberry mods for toggles .Device is working absolutely fine without any battery drain. Can i flash your rom over this existing configuration? Or should i flash xxlq9 and then flash your rom? What will be the potential difference
Just need an opinion
LIVE LIFE KING SIZE!

Technically, flashing the rom over your existing configuration should work. But If I were you I wouldn't do that for the following reasons

1. Why should I carry a leaked rom without proper baseband when I have an official release from Samsung. Also no one knows If there is any difference in code etc between the roms though the look & feel and performance looks same.

2. I don't recommend mixing up core code from different roms. I didn't reuse the modded (leaked rom) system files in "blueberry Mod" here. I reworked everything in xxlq9 system files. Moreover troubleshooting the problem if any comes up would be challenging. For example I have taken titanium backup of an app from leaked rom and restored (both app + data ) in xxlq9. It crashed few times I don't know why. I then uninstalled and restored only app without data. It is working great. It happened with the user apps that was installed in leaked rom as well.

Sent from my GT-I9103

Last edited:

vrajan

May 11, 2008
Chennai
My screen goes blank often:(.happened thrice already..had to remove battery to get it working..

Have you overclocked your processor?
Have you installed this rom on top of stock rom.
Are you still using your previous rom settings and installed apps. i.e did you do wipe data/factor reset.

I have been testing this rom for almost a week and haven't experienced single sod.

Sent from my GT-I9103

Last edited:

vrajan

May 11, 2008
Chennai
1st post updated with the Mirror Link :)

Dropbox disabled the download link due to traffic it is producing. Is there a way to tell them it is not for commercial purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: bhargav143

bhargav143

Mar 6, 2011
Berhampur
I think..mediafire is still the best... Offers good services.... Although Dropbox offers better user frienly interface.... I suggest u to use that...

Sent from my GT-I9103

Reactions: vrajan

venkatraman

Dec 31, 2011
Haven't oc or anything..followed d same procedure as u have given in d op

vrajan

May 11, 2008
Chennai
Haven't oc or anything..followed d same procedure as u have given in d op

Please do wipe data/factory reset once and see if you are facing this again. Please install "catlog" application from play store. When sod happens again, once the phone booted up, launch the app and wait for logs to be loaded. Once it is loaded hit the pause bottom and save the log. Please send it to me.

uploadfromtaptalk1347126181235.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9103

venkatraman

Dec 31, 2011
4.0..I'm able to replicate d problem..when i select the contact widget n try to place it on the home screen, the phone freezes..using nova prime launcher..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For latest version changelog and download, see post #3

Hello Friends :) back again...

I am very happy to release the BlueBerry ROM based on XXLQ9 here. If you are wondering, why based on Nordics? why not Austria? the answer is, I see other developers (Selva, Frank etc) putting invaluable efforts in their development based on Austria rom, I thought of developing one on top of Nordics so that we as a community get a chance to experience both the ROMS. The Nordics stock rom was as good as Austria rom and I never experienced any issues with that.

Is it safe to flash this ROM? - Absolutely Safe. Logcat was thoroughly checked for any errors while developing the features. I have tested this ROM to the greater extent and was using it for few days. It is a clean and very optimized ROM. It doesn't increase the counter or bring the yellow triangle. Ardatdat kernel would be flashed first before it proceeds with other installations :)

Please note that this ROM does not include any of the play store applications(only exception is Holo HD) since it is difficult to match with everybody's taste and also to reduce the zip file size (Go Green :p).

Base Version (1.0) Features

1. Based on XXLQ9 ROM
    2. Deodexed, Debloated, Zip Aligned and Pre-rooted(using Superuser)
    3. Using Ardatdat kernel 4.0 [Non OC].
    4. Auto backup efs folder contents while flashing to "\sdcard\Android\bb-efs-backup" folder.
    5. Blue Themed
    6. All Blueberry Mod features
    - Transparent notification bar
    - 1% Battery Image
    - Extended power menu
    - 15 Toggle buttons status bar with working flash light**
    7. Call Recording** (saves to /sdcard/sounds)
    8. Volume down button as camera shutter button (Vol up kept as it is to enable Zoom slide and for Zoom-in operations)
    9. Bundled with Media package (Beats Audio libraries + MIUI Player + Flash Support**)
    10. Default launcher - Holo HD
    11. AOSP Lockscreen##
    12. Removed SMS and MMS logs from call log
    13. Increased the max SMS recipient count from 10 to 200 and no more auto conversation of lengthy SMS to MMS.
    (Clear messaging application data once for 200 recipients to work. Settings -> Applications -> All -> Messaging -> Clear Data)
    14. Disabled increasing ringtone volume for incoming calls
    15. Performance Tweaks and Battery Savings
    - Enabled GPU UI rendering
    - Improved virtual memory management
    - Improved Touch Sensitivity – GPU Acceleration
    - Improved photo and video recording quality.
    - Improved scrolling responsiveness
    - Decreased dialing out delay
    - Noticable Battery Savings during deep sleep (Non OC Procesor)
    - Wifi and Gprs speed tweaks
    - Disable kernel error logging (this seems fixes games FC or crashes)
    - Enabled video acceleration for players that doesn't has HW decoding options. (Still doesn't play 1080p videos :crying:)
    ...and other tweaks

** - Has known issues. Please read Post #2 for the details.
    ## - Fixed in later version.

For manual workaround for disabling boot animation sound and camera shutter sound please read Post #2.

Installation Steps

First of all, If you are not aware of EMMC brick bug please search or read the sticky/other threads or get to know about it by posting in the general section. I am not responsible for any damage that may happen to your device.

Steps:

DO NOT ATTEMPT to do any of the cwm or phone wipe operations (Wipe Cache or Dalvik Wipe or Wipe data/Factory Reset) until I recommend to do so. Please take the complete CWM backup before you proceed further.

1. Flash the stock I9103XXLQ9 using Odin. Let it to boot once. Don't worry, it is like an official installation and should not brick the phone.
    2. Install and enter the CWM (4.0 or above) recovery console.
    3. Flash the rom zip and wait for the successfull installation message.
    4. Reboot the phone. Check if ardat kernel was flashed successfully in Settings -> About Phone (see the screenshot below)
    5. OPTIONAL but Recommended - After ensuring ardatdat kernel was flashed successfully in Step #4, login to CWM and do wipe data/factory reset for the clean installation. Though flashing rom zip in step #3 doesn't wipe your applications and settings in previous ICS rom (Leaked or Austria), it is recommended to do wipe once for experiencing the performance tweaks made in the rom.

Download ROM Link

Mirror Link

All removed stock apps can be downloaded from here and here

Thank You List

Special thanks to following people. Without them the BlueBerry ROM would have not be possible.
    Ardatdat for the wonderful kernel
    lidroid for 14 toggle
    Wanam for the libraries/images for theming and few features.
    RockoDev for the beats audio libraries
    Crussader for the backup script
    yoelsd, optik19918, montymintypie, Mirko ddd, sicopat and ALL XDA developers for their wonderful tips/guides/tutorials and assistance.
    selva.simple for the MaZel II wishlist thread.

Screenshot_2012-09-07-14-57-11.jpg Screenshot_2012-09-07-14-57-27.jpg Screenshot_2012-09-07-14-57-38.jpg Screenshot_2012-09-07-15-16-59.jpg Screenshot_2012-09-07-15-20-27.jpg Screenshot_2012-09-07-15-20-48.jpg
    Fixes & Themes

For Sensation Theme and latest version change log, screenshots and download link - Click Here

SensatioN Theme Screenshots
    Screenshot_2012-09-29-19-08-08.jpg Screenshot_2012-09-29-19-08-26.jpg Screenshot_2012-09-29-19-11-17.jpg Screenshot_2012-09-29-19-20-14.jpg Screenshot_2012-09-29-19-47-12.jpg Screenshot_2012-09-29-20-29-10.jpg

Blue Theme v1.12(default theme) - Discontinued
    Changelog
    Base version with bug fixes.
    Download Link (Flash it over 1.0)
    BlueBerry ROM

V2.1a Changelog - Flash it over V2.0
    1. Modded camera for using flash light in both video and photo mode when battery < 15%. Stock camera throws "Can't use flash on low battery" and prevent using flash in low battery.
    2. Performance (Improved call quality, dalvik vm tweaks etc) and Battery Tweaks (Improved battery backup. Tested in ardatdat 4.0)
    3. Fixes - Group msg FC and auto/min brightness fix (v2.0a)
    Download Link

V2.0 Changelog - Flash it over V1.0 (Base version)
    1. Super cool perfectly working Honeycomb Ripple style lockscreen.
    2. Toggle between AOSP and stock circle lockscreen works great (Settings -> Display)
    3. Brightness slider on the notification bar.
    4. Enable/Disable CRT Animation (Settings -> Display)
    5. Show/Hide time on the notification bar (Settings -> Date and time)
    6. Show/Hide AM/PM (Settings -> Date and time)
    and SensatioN theme and base version(1.0) bug fixes.
    Download Link

Installation Instruction - Flash it in the following order.
    Stock XXLQ9 > BB 1.0 (Base version) > BB 2.0 > BB 2.1a

Special thanks to - PLEASE don't forget to thank them.
    SensatioN Theme (It is a port of SensatioN theme from S2. Ported 95+% of original theme and animations. Thanks to original author Crysis21 for allowing me to port his theme. If you like this theme Please don't forget to Thank him.)
    evilisto for the honeycomb style tutorial
    Mirko ddd for his wonderful guide about enabling AOSP lockscreen and guidance in fixing the lockscreen issue and in implementing other features. I owe you atleast 10 thanks buddy :D
    Wanansmile for showing that brightness slider is possible on the notification bar. Our selva.simple for sharing brightness code snippet and Didact74 for his guide on the same.

Screenshot_2012-10-02-23-15-24.jpg Screenshot_2012-10-02-23-15-41.jpg
    Known Issues:

1. Call Recording - Samsung has disabled the call recording feature from ICS (I don't know why. If anyone know please let me know.). What it means, the code for call recording was originally written in ICS rom but disabled in appropriate places (UI, libraries, kernel etc). I managed to enable call recording at Java code level which brought up the call recording option in the screen. But unfortunately, recording using Phone Uplink + Downlink as audio source locked at the library level and it is hard to crack. I have changed the audio input to mic and made the call recording works. The recording works more or less like a voice recorder which uses mic to record but luckily we have a secondary (noise cancellation) mic close to earpiece and it records the incoming voice to some extent.( Tip: Don't press your ear with earpiece. Keep some distance between them :D) Tested this feature in many 3rd party apps like Call Recorder, Total Recall, Recording Mic etc. No luck all were using mic as audio source.
    Call Recording doesn't work in speaker phone mode, bluetooth or headset. It is a known limitation across phones.
    2. Flashlight toggle in status bar - After toggling the flashlight on, one have to wait for few seconds to see it refreshing in status bar and then only able to toggle off. If you don't see the change in state after waiting for few seconds, try locking and unlocking the screen or close and open the status bar for the refresh.
    3. Flash Support - For some reason, the flash apk bundled in rom not working. The same apk installed manually working great :) Install the flash player apk in the attachment and you are good to go.

Manual Workarounds :
    Disable camera shutter sound permanently - Rename /system/media/audio/ui/Shutter_01.ogg to something.
    Disable boot animation sound permanently - Rename /etc/PowerOn.ogg to something. Can also mute it by muting system volume in Settings -> Sound ->Volume ->System
    V2.1a - CameraMod + Tweaks + Fixes

V2.1a Changelog - Flash it over V2.0
    1. Modded camera for using flash light in both video and photo mode when battery < 15%. Stock camera throws "Can't use flash on low battery" and prevent using flash in low battery.
    2. Performance (Improved call quality, dalvik vm tweaks etc) and Battery Tweaks (Improved battery backup. Tested in ardatdat 4.0)
    3. Fixes - Group msg FC and auto/min brightness fix (v2.0a)
    Download Link