FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Guide to unlock Huawei Ascend Mate bootloader

502 posts
Thanks Meter: 922
 
By joe.stone, Senior Member on 9th February 2014, 07:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th February 2014, 09:46 PM |#31  
calabia2000's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Phone Hangs
Hi guys,

I have the following problem, the phone hangs after restart to install TWRP. I left it like 30 minutes to see if the process take long but it did not work. I attached the screenshot of the issue. I used B907 and B221 with the same results. What can i do?

HAM
2GB RAM
8GB ROM

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	563
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2604480  
27th February 2014, 09:57 PM |#32  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 922
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calabia2000

Hi guys,

I have the following problem, the phone hangs after restart to install TWRP. I left it like 30 minutes to see if the process take long but it did not work. I attached the screenshot of the issue. I used B907 and B221 with the same results. What can i do?

HAM
2GB RAM
8GB ROM

Thanks.

Try to plug your phone to another USB port. Try to manually flash twrp2_6_3_3.img with fastboot . Try the process on another computer . Try to remove and reinstall USB drivers.
The Following User Says Thank You to joe.stone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joe.stone Ad-Free
28th February 2014, 12:05 PM |#33  
Senior Member
Flag musselkanaal
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe.stone

Try to plug your phone to another USB port. Try to manually flash twrp2_6_3_3.img with fastboot . Try the process on another computer . Try to remove and reinstall USB drivers.

try download the problem file again and try again?
The Following User Says Thank You to henk_j For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift henk_j Ad-Free
2nd March 2014, 12:00 AM |#34  
calabia2000's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe.stone

Try to plug your phone to another USB port. Try to manually flash twrp2_6_3_3.img with fastboot . Try the process on another computer . Try to remove and reinstall USB drivers.

hey joe, henk.

It worked in other PC using Win XP. The previous one was using Win 8.

Thanks for your help.
2nd March 2014, 12:12 PM |#35  
theoppositeman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KK
Thanks Meter: 110
 
Donate to Me
More
Calabia2000.
So its seems you too has this windows 8 problem. Guess windows 8 a bit complicated when we're dealing with fastbooting and flashing android.
I myself dont know how to do things with windows 8 when dealing with android phones so i get back to my windows xp.

T28#HOX
2nd March 2014, 05:37 PM |#36  
Senior Member
Flag musselkanaal
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calabia2000

hey joe, henk.

It worked in other PC using Win XP. The previous one was using Win 8.

Thanks for your help.

nicely deducted, something to add to the top of the thread?
8th March 2014, 05:30 PM |#37  
Member
Flag Austria
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
i can confirm that unlocking the bootloader doesnt work on B221!
the first error i got at starting the prog on win7 x64, it always cried around cuz it didnt find unlock.bat at Temp folder,but no problem - i extracted the prog with winrar, so i got a folder with all files in it (e.g.: adb.exe, fastboot.exe, twrp.img, etc.). than i ren cmd out of the folder, after flashing everything the fastboot oem get-bootinfo says this:
...
(bootloader) locked
OKAY [ 0.565s]
finished. total time: 0.566s

i think i´d have to downgrade to B907, to get the bootloader unlocked, right? is it hard to downgrade? or np?

but, i also have read in another forum that the bootloader of the ham mt1-u06 shouldnt be locked from stock, looks like this is just an incorrect information as we can c.

greetz mike
10th March 2014, 05:01 PM |#38  
Senior Member
Flag Минск
Thanks Meter: 298
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiffschwein

i can confirm that unlocking the bootloader doesnt work on B221!
the first error i got at starting the prog on win7 x64, it always cried around cuz it didnt find unlock.bat at Temp folder,but no problem - i extracted the prog with winrar, so i got a folder with all files in it (e.g.: adb.exe, fastboot.exe, twrp.img, etc.). than i ren cmd out of the folder, after flashing everything the fastboot oem get-bootinfo says this:
...
(bootloader) locked
OKAY [ 0.565s]
finished. total time: 0.566s

i think i´d have to downgrade to B907, to get the bootloader unlocked, right? is it hard to downgrade? or np?

but, i also have read in another forum that the bootloader of the ham mt1-u06 shouldnt be locked from stock, looks like this is just an incorrect information as we can c.

greetz mike

fastboot oem unlock UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
10th March 2014, 05:54 PM |#39  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 922
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiffschwein

i can confirm that unlocking the bootloader doesnt work on B221!
the first error i got at starting the prog on win7 x64, it always cried around cuz it didnt find unlock.bat at Temp folder,but no problem - i extracted the prog with winrar, so i got a folder with all files in it (e.g.: adb.exe, fastboot.exe, twrp.img, etc.). than i ren cmd out of the folder, after flashing everything the fastboot oem get-bootinfo says this:
...
(bootloader) locked
OKAY [ 0.565s]
finished. total time: 0.566s

i think i´d have to downgrade to B907, to get the bootloader unlocked, right? is it hard to downgrade? or np?

but, i also have read in another forum that the bootloader of the ham mt1-u06 shouldnt be locked from stock, looks like this is just an incorrect information as we can c.

greetz mike

B907 is an upgrade as it is Android 4.2 while B221 is the stock Android 4.1.
The whole process was tested on my phone with B221 rom and on a win8.1 computer. I have no idea why some people succeed on B221 while others not and can unlock only on B907.
On a stock phone when you start the dload method its lock state is displayed with yellow characters. On my phone it showed This phone is in locked state.
The Following User Says Thank You to joe.stone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joe.stone Ad-Free
6th April 2014, 06:57 PM |#40  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
I tried unlocking my HAM's bootloader on stock 4.1.2, b907 and hyd52rom and cmd returns bootloader status as locked every time. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my P6-U06
17th April 2014, 06:26 AM |#41  
uppon2's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,502
 
More
I will start off by saying I have the Australian model of the Huawei Ascend Mate, which is slightly different in hardware. It only has 1GB of RAM but has NFC included. Like some other members I also keep getting an issue with the unlock.bat file not being located in the temporary directory, when I try to unlock my bootloader. I am using Windows 7 64 and have reinstalled the USB drivers just to be sure. I also tried the regular unlock without TWRP, but face the same runtime error.
Also, why the hell do I need to keep selecting USB Debugging in dev options and USB connection type e.g. MTP, Camera, HiSuite. The selections never stick correctly





After executing unlock.bat directly from the file, adb reboots to fastboot and then seems to follow all commands besides actually unlocking the device. I have TWRP installed but my bootloader is still locked. Is there another way to manually do this?



Code:
C:\Users\Mr. Shickadance\Desktop\Ascend Mate Unlock>adb reboot bootloader

C:\Users\Mr. Shickadance\Desktop\Ascend Mate Unlock>.\fastboot oem get-bootinfo
...
(bootloader) locked
OKAY [  0.554s]
finished. total time: 0.554s

C:\Users\Mr. Shickadance\Desktop\Ascend Mate Unlock>
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes