Interesting BCD RegKeys for you Samsung folks.

Search This thread

compu829

Nov 5, 2006
I was poking around with my Nokia Lumia 521 image, and just realized something: you Samsung folks should have full registry access. It would be an interesting experiment to see if you can write to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\BCD\Objects\...If you can, you should be able to use the registry info there to "tweak" the BCD store (Windows bootloader).

I am attaching an interesting set of files I found in the "EFIESP\Windows\Packages" directory. There are regfiles that get run to configure the BCD store as well as boot-time OEM customizations. It even contains the info as to what efi "application" is launched based on various key presses and such.

Hopefully this info is useful to some of you guys!

Attachments

• Packages.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 89

JayKay1234

Oct 12, 2014
Samsung eMMC (Nokia 521)

Has anyone been able to get Android OS loaded onto a Nokia 521 when there is Samsung eMMC?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was poking around with my Nokia Lumia 521 image, and just realized something: you Samsung folks should have full registry access. It would be an interesting experiment to see if you can write to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\BCD\Objects\...If you can, you should be able to use the registry info there to "tweak" the BCD store (Windows bootloader).

I am attaching an interesting set of files I found in the "EFIESP\Windows\Packages" directory. There are regfiles that get run to configure the BCD store as well as boot-time OEM customizations. It even contains the info as to what efi "application" is launched based on various key presses and such.

Hopefully this info is useful to some of you guys!