Firefox OS on Xperia 2011 !!!!!

Search This thread

danutzgtx480

Apr 26, 2012
n1my.jpg

Edit : I PORTED FIREFOX OS TO SMULTRON !!! (with my Viking method)
:D :D

First i edited the CM9 kernel Ramdisk => init.b2g.rc and init.rc files
Second i ported the latest Keon nightly replacing libs,bulid.prop lines etc. -Basic ROM porting
I need a tester..I have smultron but it's my only phone and right now i use it alot ,i can''t play with it

So if anyone want to try and see if it works HERE IS THE ZIP (KERNEL INSIDE) -Smultron_Firefox_OS_1.zip

1.First make a backup !
2.WIPE EVERYTHING (SYSTEM,DATA,CACHE,DALVIK)
3.Install Smultron_Firefox_OS_1.zip

4.Don't blame me if anything goes wrong (theoretically only bootloop can happen but you never know )

We have :
-OFFICIAL PORTING TUTORIAL -https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Porting
-Official ICS from sony
-Stable CM9
-HVGA resolution as B2G phones
-Snapdragon S2 1Ghz
-The kernel is very similar to the stock kernel , but it has firefox os patch (need modify init.rc or something like this) I'am a Noob :)
-similar phones that have B2G ports like HTC EXPLORER,ZTE BLADE III ,Nexus S and others :p

So..why not to Xperia 2011 line? or atleast to MDPI phones :D...
If a developer can port this to one of this devices then it will be very easy to make it for all MDPI
From my experience with Android i think that Firefox OS is a better OS.Why? Because is simple and fast.
On my xperia mini ST15i i tested all kinds of Roms...CM7,9,10,10.1 MIUI ,LEWA OS,stock GB,stock ICS ...all of them seems to be very resources hungry because Android is heavy.
Firefox OS:
-lightweight
-HTML5
-WebGL
-Boot in less than 6 seconds
-The small footprint of a browser based operating system means that B2G should significantly extend battery life before re-charging.
-B2G will be the first mobile OS to use Do Not Track at the operating system level.
-many more

...this is the future.

Last edited:

Maverik5124

May 7, 2012
I have the computer to do it (i5 3570k) but the instructions look pretty complicated. Also my internet is cr*p. I got a 384 kbit/s connection :(
I am interested in trying firefox os as well. Maybe someone else has the knowledge and computer power to do it?

hjhita979

Aug 15, 2012
I've got lots of computer power (4gb ram, 1Tb hard drive) and have a small knowledge. Would be happy to do it but would like some one to help me. Also got good internet. If it is only for unlocked bootloader, I can't help you as much as I could because I have a locked bootloader.

Sent from my WT19i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

gamer.11

Dec 11, 2012
Ernakulam
I would love to give it a try...though im a noob(we have to start somewhere)...but my only problem is my internet! If my laptop runs on hydrogen then my ISP runs on firewood! :crying: Takes ages to download the repos but i sure would like to give it a go....

hjhita979

Aug 15, 2012
I think there are enough people to try it now so why don't we give it a go.

R

rebelos

let me also join the Firefox os league though i got no good system to work on but got super Powered Internet..!:laugh:

R

rebelos

anyone started intial work ..? currently asking Dan(ubuntu touch porter) to help us..!

hjhita979

Aug 15, 2012
To my knowledge, me and officialsonyrebel are doing this. We are trying. I don't know how far he has got but he has helped me.

Reactions: axy_david
R

rebelos

Just finished My Project .. so, after deply looking into B2G porting guide -- i think we can get it in 2-3 weeks [Not fully Working].. but i need a tester

if any body wants to be a tester please PM me..!

thanks.!

R

rebelos

so as of know started initial work on B2G

current progress [only Mango]

Black screen only
good point :- ADB working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    n1my.jpg

Edit : I PORTED FIREFOX OS TO SMULTRON !!! (with my Viking method)
    :D :D

Second i ported the latest Keon nightly replacing libs,bulid.prop lines etc. -Basic ROM porting
    I need a tester..I have smultron but it's my only phone and right now i use it alot ,i can''t play with it

So if anyone want to try and see if it works HERE IS THE ZIP (KERNEL INSIDE) -Smultron_Firefox_OS_1.zip

1.First make a backup !

4.Don't blame me if anything goes wrong (theoretically only bootloop can happen but you never know )

We have :
    -OFFICIAL PORTING TUTORIAL -https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Porting
    -Official ICS from sony
    -Stable CM9
    -HVGA resolution as B2G phones
    -Snapdragon S2 1Ghz
    -The kernel is very similar to the stock kernel , but it has firefox os patch (need modify init.rc or something like this) I'am a Noob :)
    -similar phones that have B2G ports like HTC EXPLORER,ZTE BLADE III ,Nexus S and others :p

So..why not to Xperia 2011 line? or atleast to MDPI phones :D...
    If a developer can port this to one of this devices then it will be very easy to make it for all MDPI
    From my experience with Android i think that Firefox OS is a better OS.Why? Because is simple and fast.
    On my xperia mini ST15i i tested all kinds of Roms...CM7,9,10,10.1 MIUI ,LEWA OS,stock GB,stock ICS ...all of them seems to be very resources hungry because Android is heavy.
    Firefox OS:
    -lightweight
    -HTML5
    -WebGL
    -Boot in less than 6 seconds
    -The small footprint of a browser based operating system means that B2G should significantly extend battery life before re-charging.
    -B2G will be the first mobile OS to use Do Not Track at the operating system level.
    -many more

...this is the future.
    I built from neuralassembly repositories for Ray.Some issues: It look so small and led indicator always on. video not recording and accelerometer kind of messed up as well.

https://app.box.com/s/o1lnj0xqisrip72xeyuh

Ps: this is my first ever building rom, so probably i won't be able to fix most of the issues. Try at your own risk
    I PORTED FIREFOX OS TO SMULTRON !!! (with my Viking method):D:D
    Second i ported the latest Keon nightly :D replacing libs,bulid.prop lines etc. -Basic ROM porting
    I need a tester..I have smultron but it's my only phone and right now i use it alot ,i can''t play with it :p
    1.First make a backup !
    4.Don't blame me if anything goes wrong (theoretically only bootloop can happen but you never know :p )

i make firefox os for Xperia Arc/S i will build it for all xperias as soon i fix it with 3.0.x kernel
    To my knowledge, me and officialsonyrebel are doing this. We are trying. I don't know how far he has got but he has helped me.

back button not working :(

Firefox os mainly depends on gestures and the home button. Therefore, your back and menu buttons won't work.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 4