[Q] N64oid

Search This thread

Midnitte

Jun 17, 2010
New Jersey
How did you get it on your nook? I cant find it in the market and market.android.com says its unsupported. Cant even find the damn apk to pirate it, despite the fact that I do wish to pay for it. :mad:

Midnitte

Jun 17, 2010
New Jersey
Well I managed to get it, but cant seem to find any games to work. Will continue to try, hope it gets updated soon so more game works and I can actually find it in market

philburkhardt

Aug 30, 2010
Seattle Basestar
I am on CM7. Found, bought and installed it through the Market. Works great, no lag, some slight audio hiccups.

Honestly, this is the best N64 emulator I have played.:D

Midnitte

Jun 17, 2010
New Jersey
How did you end up installing it, with Cyanogen or ADB or another thing?

Happened to find the apk (since i cant f**king find it on market [you should be able to download the apk if you purchase it]) and just opened it on the nook to install it. It seems for 2.1 (stock) it wont show up in the market.

How does CM7 handle games like mario kart? Because for stock its laggy as hell. And conker doesnt even load past the first few credit screens >.<

Arbelzapf

Oct 29, 2010
hm...I got mario running really well, but all other games are running terrible. Lylat Wars is smooth, but slow and the audio is broken. I hope there's going to be some improvements during the next couple of weeks

Here's a video I made playing Mario 64:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw92eIbGL4

EDIT: Apart from the performance issues, n64 looks just great on the nook. Banjo Kazooie and Zelda look amazing

And is it just me, or are all textures shown at full detail? Looks like there's no mipmapping, or full anisotrophic filtering, which could explain the performance issues

Last edited:

Midnitte

Jun 17, 2010
New Jersey
hm...I got mario running really well, but all other games are running terrible. Lylat Wars is smooth, but slow and the audio is broken. I hope there's going to be some improvements during the next couple of weeks

Here's a video I made playing Mario 64:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw92eIbGL4

EDIT: Apart from the performance issues, n64 looks just great on the nook. Banjo Kazooie and Zelda look amazing

And is it just me, or are all textures shown at full detail? Looks like there's no mipmapping, or full anisotrophic filtering, which could explain the performance issues

How did you get the "thumbstick" on the bottom? :eek: I suppose the textures are at full detail but its been a long time since ssb and infinity blade spoiled me.

Arbelzapf

Oct 29, 2010
That's just the default virtual keaypad. I didn't do anything specific to get it set up like that

Midnitte

Jun 17, 2010
New Jersey
Seems on stock the layout is borked. Once I get my sd later today I'll just try it on CM, dont suppose it works on HC?

Sep 14, 2008
Boise
OnePlus 8T
Works really well on Froyo. All I have tried is Mario 64 but it is completely playable!
Only issue I can see atm is the fact it still has things to iron out and the price is a little to high for it being in early stages. Just my two cents.

Xephik

Jun 18, 2010
Sound Beach, NY
Running great on Phiremod v4. Actually, Starfox 64 is running a little better than on my Dinc, somehow.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

evertec

Jun 30, 2007
Anyone know why I would get an application not installed error? I tried via adb and it said invalid apk, but the same apk works on my phone

Vermithrax

Feb 6, 2009
Mobile, AL
Runs really well on my Nook with the latest CM nightly... Only change I made was to the LCD density in the build.prop file... From 160 to 161...

Also, download Rom Gripper++ from the market... It has a N64 section to download ROMs... I got Mario Kart 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time, and Mario 64 so far... All work with only minor audio hiccups...

Arbelzapf

Oct 29, 2010
So I'm the only one with performance issues? Zelda is pretty much unplayable for me.

I'm running phiremod v4 flashed with the latest nightly. everything else runs butter-smooth
EDIT: I think I'll have to re-flash the OC-kernel. let's see if that helps

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    runs great on my nook :) playing mario 64 right now
    My experiences. w/ Phiremod 5.1, 1.1ghz, N64oid v1.1.4

Super Mario 64:near perfect.
    Zelda Ocarina: unplayable(too choppy)
    markio kart: is almost as smooth as super mario.
    Conkers Bad Fur Day: Crashes before opening animation
    Banjo Kazooie/Tooie: unplayable(too choppy)
    Diddy Kong Racing: Like Mario Kart, kinda choppy.

NOTES: 4 frame skips is ideal, games play slightly better when NOT stretched to screen
    I just tried 2.3.3 Still no luck. Locked up the nook when trying to start up a rom.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    It doesnt boot games since the update to the kernel a couple months ago. It will only run on n64oid versions that are lower than 2.0, which sucks because you can only play mario 64 without lag

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    Should I just root my nook to CM7 7.0.3? I read on page 13 that was the most stable with the versions 2.0+ for n64oid.

It depends what is more important to you, playing n64 games or good battery life plus all the other features of CM7.1

Sent from space