Hi guys another poster tipped me off to the entilement hack to get the stock hotspot app working and I tried it and it works. I figured i would post it here to take care of people waiting for a foxfi update and to keep the procedure listed in the RAZR HD section. As always, use at your own risk.
Here's what you need:
SQL Lite Editor (not the manager) - it's $2.99 from the play store.
Here is the procedure:
1) Open SQL Lite Editor and in the default "Apps" list, scroll all the way down to "Settings Storage" but you must choose the one with the hammer and wrench graphic. There are two choices there - gotta be hammer and wrench. Tap on it to open.
2) Tap "settings.db" then tap "settings"
3) Scroll down to line 68 where it says "entitlement_check" and tap on it to highlight it and then tap on the pencil on the top of the screen to edit it.
4) Change the value from 1 to 0 and tap "save"
5) Use the back button to exit the app and hold the power button and reboot the phone.
When it starts back up just go into the "Mobile Hotspot" app provided by verizon and you're all set!
Hope this helps.