Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kalpik

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2010
Amsterdam
www.kalpik.com
I'm root on my device (samsung gt-i5510)
I've installed titanium backup,
it told me it cannot get "root" priviliges,

So

First I used application manager in the system itself and wiped the data of maps and street view
Then I used root explorer to navigate to system\app and delete maps and street view applications.
Then I tried to install given apk. but it didn't work.
Then I copied given apk to system\app
is also didn't work.

can someone help me please?
Try what I wrote here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16790886&postcount=993

dionysos77

Jan 19, 2007
thank you very very very much your highness,
But I still have problem.

I got "login failed" AND ALSO "three red triangle" sympthoms,

what shall I do to get rid of this problem.

hacktock

Apr 10, 2011
Uninstalled official maps, installed this one. Got the login errors, accepted permission. It works.

Didn't even have to use Titanium Backup or do anything fancy

asd1301

Oct 31, 2010
not working :(

d/l "File Type: apk maps5.9.0-ownhere-signed.apk"
titanium - make sure i don't have maps and street view
installed with ROOT EXPLORER "File Type: apk maps5.9.0-ownhere-signed.apk"
it's saying in the end "NOT INSTALLED "
tried reset ...nothing ...the same ..

?

kalpik

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2010
Amsterdam
www.kalpik.com
Reactions: jgcastror

omar.abbas

Apr 20, 2011
Islamabad
It works!

It worked for me, i mean there is no problem following the given procedures. i have never used maps but now when i try to find my location it says "your location is temporarily unavailabe" i have my wifi and gps turned and i'm indoors.. can someone tell me briefly how it works. google couldnt satisfy my curiosity

Nosedive1981

Apr 27, 2011
Hi, I can't find street view on my market, can anyone pass me the latest apk?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

santosh.ns

Apr 30, 2011
Non-root version is great, makes installation straightforward! But not available for 5.9.0 yet? 5.8.0 force-closes too often :(

universed

Jun 22, 2004
Bali
Easy way to Disable Google MAPS??

Hey All,

Google Maps is indispensable but appears to be a real battery drain on my device and from what i also see in various forum discussions. When I try and kill Google Maps it in Task Manager it never goes away.

Is there some way to disable this application when I am not using it (Which is 99% of the time) without having to freeze it in Juice Defender?

anil.s.nanji

Sep 3, 2011
Which APK to use with a rooted Desire HD?

There are two APK file types provided; maps5.9.0-ownhere.apk and maps5.9.0-ownhere-signed.apk. Which one to use with a rooted Desire HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home-1.jpg

Quote brut.all " I have started this project about 1.5 years ago,( but I don't have time recently, so I don't port my changes to newer versions of Google Maps. Some Chinese guys do that for me ;-)"

This map is for the country that cant use navigation on google map. It has been hacked and can be used by any country now.

Installation for root:

1. In Titanium Backup, select Maps and make a backup.
    2. Select Maps and wipe data, then uninstall.
    3. Select Street View and wipe data, then uninstall.
    4. Install Google Maps6.7.0-ownhere-signed.apk.
    5. Go to market, and reinstall street view.(download it from the second post).
    Or
    1.Uninstall maps from Titanium Backup.
    2.Install maps from the Market.
    3.Uninstall it normally (not from Titanium).
    4.Install the re-signed version.

or ADB

first uninstall Maps from /system/app
    HTML:
    adb remount
    adb push /Google maps6.7.0-ownhere.apk /system/app

Note:
    For those who get the "Login Failed" message Pull down the status bar and press all three triangles and give permission then closing maps.

If you don't get the three warning triangles
    1. Install original maps from market.
    2. Sign in and join latititude
    3. Back up maps in titanium, app and data.
    4. Wipe date and uninstall maps
    5. Install resign version. DO NOT RUN, reboot right after installing.
    6. After reboot, go to titanium and restore DATA only.

I'm not going to post any more links to ownhere-maps . After a lawyer representing google contacted me on G+ and then later call me and we had a little talk ,we came to the conclusion that I'm not going to spread anymore modified maps . I'm not going get on the wrong side off Google .. And I'm considering closing the thread .

Admin Edit: These Maps apk files have been removed due to a copyright infringement complaint from Google. Please do not post any more Google Maps apk's
    How to get navigasion voice in your own language​

1. Download Classic Text To Speech Engine from the marked.https://market.android.com/details?id=com.svox.classic&feature=search_result
    2. After installation, open to select the language you want (USD 2.99) to download.
    3. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings, activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen, then select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.

Notes:
    - Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language.

Would anyone like to share how the maps.apk is changed to allow navigation to work in all countries. I'm sure this forum would benefit from this info so that more ppl could help on getting the latest release out when google releases it.

Do somebody please tell me how to unlock the google maps for navigation?

1) Download a working version of the hacked map, its corresponding original version and the latest map version.
    2) Extract from all apks their classes.dex.
    3) Disassemble the classes.dex (hack, original & new) using*baksmali . This will create a folder of disassembled files for each classes.dex, viz., hfolder, ofolder & nfolder respectively.
    4) Use a diff tool such as meld (in ubuntu) to find the differences in hfolder & ofolder.
    5) Port the diff (i.e., modified parts) in hfolder to nfolder. Please make sure that they are the same file when porting (i.e., most of the other codes should match).
    6) If you realise that the hacked file does not corresponds to the new file (i.e., same file name or file does not exists in nfolder), look for some codes (in the hacked file) that can uniquely identify it and search in the folder, using tools such as grep or find.
    7) Copy all files in brut folder to nfolder.
    8) Edit the files in brut folder of nfolder such that the references (some function calls to the map classes) in them point to the correct classes/files in nfolder.
    9) Once all modifications are ported, assemble it using*smali *which will create a dex file. Name it as classes.dex.
    10) Replace the classes.dex of the new map apk with the newly assembled classes.dex.
    11) Resign the apk.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Her is google street view.apk
    maps6.5.0 ownhere thanks Brut.all
    maps6.4.0 ownhere global navigation thanks Brut.all
    It's nothing new, I'm really surprised you didn't know about it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=630887 . I have started this project about 1.5 years ago, but I don't have time recently, so I don't port my changes to newer versions of Google Maps. Some Chinese guys do that for me ;-)

Actually this is written on the page linked by you:

Version of Google Maps [Brut] famous xda-developers forum is currently only developed to v4.6.0