[Q] Keeps rebooting when USB is unplugged.

Search This thread

fpresencia

May 29, 2015
This is a very strange issue, I'll describe it here. I bought recently a OnePlus One in Spain. I've followed these steps:

1. Install CWM from High on Android guide
2. Install Android 5.1.1 from Gizbot guide (which comes from this XDA guide).

I finished the steps and got Android working perfectly. I love how smooth it is and all. However, I was ready to leave so I unplugged the USB (official cable). The phone freezes for few seconds and then it reboots. Now, I have tried many things and been in the same point many times, so there are two behaviours that can occur:

- When starting from the beginning with the cable unplugged, the Dirty Unicorn spinning wheel just freezes and reboot. It keeps doing so constantly. Reboot hell.
- When starting with the USB connected, but after a reset from disconnecting it, it goes into "Android is starting... Optimizing app 8 of X". There are two odd things here: the X is a different number each time it reboots, like 55 or 90, and then it freezes apparently at Google Apps and reboots again. Same reboot hell, but longer.

Now, I can turn it off, enter into recovery mode and reinstall everything. This is what allowed me to test exactly when it breaks. In any case it will only even start the Android 5.1.1 if the USB is connected.

My question is, any idea why this is happening? Any recommended step once inside Android to try to avoid this?Otherwise I'll try with another ROM, but I think that it's super odd and it looks like it might be fixed easily by someone who understands the system better than me...

Few extra details:

- Battery is 100%, so no apparent problem there.
- I'm using Ubuntu 15.04 on the computer side.
- I don't have a SIM card yet.

PS, if trying other ROM/gapps, which one do you recommend?

Last edited:

nickdoherty

Aug 14, 2012
Brantford
dirtyunicorns.com
This is a very strange issue, I'll describe it here. I bought recently a OnePlus One in Spain. I've followed these steps:

1. Install CWM from High on Android guide
2. Install Android 5.1.1 from Gizbot guide (which comes from this XDA guide).

I finished the steps and got Android working perfectly. I love how smooth it is and all. However, I was ready to leave so I unplugged the USB (official cable). The phone freezes for few seconds and then it reboots. Now, I have tried many things and been in the same point many times, so there are two behaviours that can occur:

- When starting from the beginning with the cable unplugged, the Dirty Unicorn spinning wheel just freezes and reboot. It keeps doing so constantly. Reboot hell.
- When starting with the USB connected, but after a reset from disconnecting it, it goes into "Android is starting... Optimizing app 8 of X". There are two odd things here: the X is a different number each time it reboots, like 55 or 90, and then it freezes apparently at Google Apps and reboots again. Same reboot hell, but longer.

Now, I can turn it off, enter into recovery mode and reinstall everything. This is what allowed me to test exactly when it breaks. In any case it will only even start the Android 5.1.1 if the USB is connected.

My question is, any idea why this is happening? Any recommended step once inside Android to try to avoid this?Otherwise I'll try with another ROM, but I think that it's super odd and it looks like it might be fixed easily by someone who understands the system better than me...

Few extra details:

- Battery is 100%, so no apparent problem there.
- I'm using Ubuntu 15.04 on the computer side.
- I don't have a SIM card yet.

PS, if trying other ROM/gapps, which one do you recommend?

Same issue here, did you ever figure it out?

PRoyal22

Oct 23, 2013
Jena
Had the same issue today but with another rom. Fixed it by first installing CM12 latest release and booting, then flashing custom rom + Gapps + Kernel.

Maybe this helps for you as well!

raulru1973

Aug 14, 2015
Hi guys
any solution to this issue?? It happens to me as well, now with latest Oxygen ROM (from yesterday).
When it is unplugged it will reboot. not if plugged in.

Help!!

mukluck506

Oct 29, 2015
Can you give us specific details as to what ROM, Kernel, and Gapps versions you used? This problem is a seemingly unfixable one at the moment.