[15.02.2012][TOOL]Boot Animation Creator-Make Android Boot Animations With Ease!

Search This thread

despotovski01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
THIS PROGRAM IS OBSOLETE AND WON'T BE RECEIVING UPDATES ANYMORE. FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE, PLEASE DOWNLOAD BOOT ANIMATION FACTORY. IT'S A NEW PROGRAM THAT HAS EVERYTHING THIS PROGRAM HAS, AND MUCH MORE. THANK YOU!
Introduction
I'm proud to present my program called "Boot Animation Creator"! It's a powerful tool that makes creating Android boot animations a lot easier job!

Features
-Light on memory
-Easy-to-use user interface
-Makes boot animations in just three steps!
-Auto-update functionality
-Built-in updater
-No limitations of any kind!
-YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE DESC.TXT FILE AND THE COMPRESSION METHODS AT ALL!! BOOT ANIMATION CREATOR DOES THAT FOR YOU!

Requirements
-Microsoft .NET Framework 4
-All your frames drawn and organised into 'part' folders (the folders don't have to be called 'part')

How to use Boot Animation Creator
1. Open Boot Animation Previewer. Read the introduction, and click 'Next'
cap1j.png

2. Choose the folder in which your boot animation is(the parent folder of the 'part' folders) and click 'Next'
cap2q.png

3. Click the 'Add a loop' button to add a loop. A new window will appear. Just set the properties and click 'Add'
cap3h.png

*Optional: you can edit the width, height and speed of your animation by selecting the first property item and clicking on the 'Edit' button. A window will appear. Change the properties and click 'Set'
cap35.png

4. Save the animation and click 'Next'
cap4w.png

5. You're done! If you want, you can preview your boot animation by clicking the big 'Preview boot animation' button. You'll need the latest version of Boot Animation Previewer to use this feature.
Finally, click Finish
cap5g.png

Video tutorial

Download link
Download Boot Animation Creator

Running Boot Animation Creator on Linux operating systems - thanks, kurdo_kolene!
kurdo_kolene said:
1.Install PlayOnLinux or PlayOnMac respectively

2.Open PlayOnWhatever and press Install

3.Choose "Install a non-listed program" & press Next on the next screen

4.Select "Install a program in a new virtual drive" & press Next

5.Type in a name for the new virtual drive e.g. BootAnimationCreator & press Next

6.Check the boxes "Configure Wine" and "Install libraries" & press Next

7.In the newly opened window go to the "Libraries" tab, type "mscoree" in the small box or choose it from the drop-down menu, then press "Add". Select it from the bottom box, press edit and set it to "Builtin(Wine)", and press "Apply"

8.Tick the box "POL/POM _ Install mono 2.10" and press Next. Wait for the download and installation to complete.

9.On the next screen, press "Browse" and select the "install_bootanimationcreator.msi" file & press Next

10.Follow the steps of the installation wizard. When the installation has completed, just press finish, without ticking the box "Launch Boot Animation Creator" (you could, but you still have to make shortcut for it later). When the "Choose a file to create a shortcut" window appears, select "Boot Animation Creator.exe", press Next, type in a name for the shortcut e.g Boot Animation Creator, press Next, after that's finished press "I don't want to make another shortcut" and press Next and you're done.
Launch the application from your Desktop shortcut.
I don't suggest running Boot Animation Creator on other operating system than Windows. It may not run correctly, and on some computers it may not ever run. Therefore, use it with caution (this only appeals for running B.A.C. on other operating systems than Windows)! If you get errors while running B.A.C. on other operating systems than Windows, and not on Windows itself, I won't provide support for them, because this program is not intended to run on other OS than Windows. Report bugs only if you're using Boot Animation Creator on Windows.

Final words
That was about it. It was easy, wasn't it? Please post feedback and thoughts about my program, they are gladly appreciated. ;)

Last edited:

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
Changelog

Code:
Changelog:

v1.0.0.0 {25.08.2011}
-Initial release

v1.0.1.0 {29.08.2011}
-Bug fixes
-Performance improvements

v1.1.0.0 {02.11.2011}
-No folder limitations
-New way of entering properties
-The program detects the size of your frames, so you don't need to write them. Optionally, you can change the size values
-The "Get Boot Animation Previewer" button in the Main Menu becomes "Launch Boot Animation Previewer" if you have Boot Animation Previewer installed. The download process of Boot Animation Previewer has changed as well
-No need of Administrator privileges
-New way of updating
-New Updater
-Higher-quality icon

v1.2.0.0 {04.01.2012}
-Integrated with D01 Software Manager (the ugly old updater is gone)
-Fixes (corrected the typo in the about box)

v1.2.1.0 {10.01.2012}
-Bug fix – fixed the bug not recognizing D01 Software Manager
-Improvements – when the Set Property Dialog is shown, the text box automatically gets focus
-New feature – it tells you if your animation contains frames with indexed colors

v1.3.0.0 {17.01.2012}
-New: Added support for loop delays
-Updated Previewer (now you’ll see scroll bars if the animation’s size exceeds previewer’s window size)
-…
v1.4.0.0 {15.02.2012}
-Improved user-interface (looks better and it’s easier to use)
-Bug fixes
-Lighter on size (the executable is only 363 KB!)
-Removed unneeded files in the initial directory
-The ‘Preview’ feature is Boot Animation Previewer-dependent (you must have the latest version of Boot Animation Previewer to use that feature) 
-New program icon, banner and about screen

Last edited:

ZaLiTHkA

Jan 14, 2008
HTC One (m7)
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Oh I'm definitely trying this out... :D Thanks!

Edit: Hehe... I'm one of our alpha software testers at work, so maybe I'm a bit too good at this..... But I found a small bug. :p If you cancel the 'select folder' dialog, the program crashes.. Just thought I'd let you know.

Other than that, works really nicely. :) If I could make a suggestion though: On step 2, maybe add a line below the 'First folder number of loops' that mentions using a value of '0' for infinite loops. For people who haven't read any tutorials or made any animations manually, they probably wouldn't know about that..

Last edited:

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje

Edit: Hehe... I'm one of our alpha software testers at work, so maybe I'm a bit too good at this..... But I found a small bug. :p If you cancel the 'select folder' dialog, the program crashes.. Just thought I'd let you know.

Other than that, works really nicely. :) If I could make a suggestion though: On step 2, maybe add a line below the 'First folder number of loops' that mentions using a value of '0' for infinite loops. For people who haven't read any tutorials or made any animations manually, they probably wouldn't know about that..

I'm aware of that bug and I'm going to fix it along with a couple of other bugs. And thanks for your suggestion for the label! :)

Jordan1545

Mar 30, 2011
Well looks like the download link is bad could you upload somewhere else as i would like to give this a try :)

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
I've updated Boot Animation Creator! Here's what the update brings:
v1.0.1.0 {29.08.2011}
-Bug fixes

You can update your program normally, via the Updater. :)

Reactions: fdespotovski

Lanaka

Aug 30, 2011
Honolulu, HI
Aloha, a feature request: I also used boot animation sounds. Found out hard way that had to go back into desc.txt file and manually edit it to include sounds. Maybe a flag to tell application to set the desc.txt file to include sounds? A checkbox is probably the most efficient way. Otherwise great app! Mahalo!

Lan

PS: errrmmmm... where's the thanks meter's button? anyone? sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: despotovski01

ZaLiTHkA

Jan 14, 2008
HTC One (m7)
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Aloha, a feature request: I also used boot animation sounds. Found out hard way that had to go back into desc.txt file and manually edit it to include sounds. Maybe a flag to tell application to set the desc.txt file to include sounds? A checkbox is probably the most efficient way. Otherwise great app! Mahalo!

Lan
That would be awesome, I like this idea... But I don't know if all ROMs do boot animation sound the same way.

Change the forum skin in the bottom left corner to "XDA 2010", then you'll see the thanks button. :)

Reactions: Lanaka

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje

Lan

Hi,
I don't know to edit the desc.txt file to add a boot sound, but I know another method. Visit my other tutorial for more info about the boot sound: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1096068

ZaLiTHkA

Jan 14, 2008
HTC One (m7)
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Hi,
I don't know to edit the desc.txt file to add a boot sound, but I know another method. Visit my other tutorial for more info about the boot sound: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1096068

If a ROM supports this method (I think most do), where a line for pictures in an animation use "p 0 0 folder" for example, a line for sound would just be "s soundfile.mp3".

The sound file then needs to be straight in /system/media, but I'm not sure if simply placing it in the bootanimation.zip file will work...

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
If a ROM supports this method (I think most do), where a line for pictures in an animation use "p 0 0 folder" for example, a line for sound would just be "s soundfile.mp3".

The sound file then needs to be straight in /system/media, but I'm not sure if simply placing it in the bootanimation.zip file will work...

Thanks for that! I'll test it and if it works, I'll add a feature to Boot Animation Creator. :)

Ultratails42

Aug 20, 2011
Awesome program. I really must thank you for it. I have been trying to make my own custom boot animation for a while and even though my desc.txt was ientical to the one yours created and the zip was identical it just wouldn't work whenever I made it. But using yours it just did. Im not sure why but it worked where doing it manually didn't. So now I finally have a spiffy new custom boot animation ^^ Thanks a lot and keep up the great work. Also love the animation preview program. Very useful for fiddling with the FPS to get it just right.

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
Awesome program. I really must thank you for it. I have been trying to make my own custom boot animation for a while and even though my desc.txt was ientical to the one yours created and the zip was identical it just wouldn't work whenever I made it. But using yours it just did. Im not sure why but it worked where doing it manually didn't. So now I finally have a spiffy new custom boot animation ^^ Thanks a lot and keep up the great work. Also love the animation preview program. Very useful for fiddling with the FPS to get it just right.

I'm glad you like my programs. :)

TabFreak

Aug 7, 2011
Problem using program

Using this with WinXP and Win7 64bit I get the same error. At the second step after entering the parameters and clicking next I get an error. "Please set all the properties" I have entered all the information in all the blocks, but still get this error.

Any ideas?

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
Using this with WinXP and Win7 64bit I get the same error. At the second step after entering the parameters and clicking next I get an error. "Please set all the properties" I have entered all the information in all the blocks, but still get this error.

Any ideas?
Did you choose the folder where your boot animation is in Step 1? Anyway, I'll check my code for errors. :)

Sent from my GT540 using XDA App

Reactions: sweetrobot

TabFreak

Aug 7, 2011
Yea, I chose the folder and it gave me the " your animation is good" message, went to step two and put all the info in and then I got the error when clicking next.

It could very well be me, but I thought I would throw this out and see if I was the only one.......

Edit:: Never mind,,,,It was me!!!! I was pointing to the actual part folder and not the folder that contained the part folders.... Working fine now...... Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS PROGRAM IS OBSOLETE AND WON'T BE RECEIVING UPDATES ANYMORE. FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE, PLEASE DOWNLOAD BOOT ANIMATION FACTORY. IT'S A NEW PROGRAM THAT HAS EVERYTHING THIS PROGRAM HAS, AND MUCH MORE. THANK YOU!
    Introduction
    I'm proud to present my program called "Boot Animation Creator"! It's a powerful tool that makes creating Android boot animations a lot easier job!

Features
    -Light on memory
    -Easy-to-use user interface
    -Makes boot animations in just three steps!
    -Auto-update functionality
    -Built-in updater
    -No limitations of any kind!
    -YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE DESC.TXT FILE AND THE COMPRESSION METHODS AT ALL!! BOOT ANIMATION CREATOR DOES THAT FOR YOU!

Requirements
    -Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    -All your frames drawn and organised into 'part' folders (the folders don't have to be called 'part')

How to use Boot Animation Creator
    1. Open Boot Animation Previewer. Read the introduction, and click 'Next'
    cap1j.png

2. Choose the folder in which your boot animation is(the parent folder of the 'part' folders) and click 'Next'
    cap2q.png

3. Click the 'Add a loop' button to add a loop. A new window will appear. Just set the properties and click 'Add'
    cap3h.png

*Optional: you can edit the width, height and speed of your animation by selecting the first property item and clicking on the 'Edit' button. A window will appear. Change the properties and click 'Set'
    cap35.png

4. Save the animation and click 'Next'
    cap4w.png

5. You're done! If you want, you can preview your boot animation by clicking the big 'Preview boot animation' button. You'll need the latest version of Boot Animation Previewer to use this feature.
    Finally, click Finish
    cap5g.png

Video tutorial

Download link
    Download Boot Animation Creator

Running Boot Animation Creator on Linux operating systems - thanks, kurdo_kolene!
    kurdo_kolene said:
    1.Install PlayOnLinux or PlayOnMac respectively

2.Open PlayOnWhatever and press Install

3.Choose "Install a non-listed program" & press Next on the next screen

4.Select "Install a program in a new virtual drive" & press Next

5.Type in a name for the new virtual drive e.g. BootAnimationCreator & press Next

6.Check the boxes "Configure Wine" and "Install libraries" & press Next

7.In the newly opened window go to the "Libraries" tab, type "mscoree" in the small box or choose it from the drop-down menu, then press "Add". Select it from the bottom box, press edit and set it to "Builtin(Wine)", and press "Apply"

8.Tick the box "POL/POM _ Install mono 2.10" and press Next. Wait for the download and installation to complete.

9.On the next screen, press "Browse" and select the "install_bootanimationcreator.msi" file & press Next

10.Follow the steps of the installation wizard. When the installation has completed, just press finish, without ticking the box "Launch Boot Animation Creator" (you could, but you still have to make shortcut for it later). When the "Choose a file to create a shortcut" window appears, select "Boot Animation Creator.exe", press Next, type in a name for the shortcut e.g Boot Animation Creator, press Next, after that's finished press "I don't want to make another shortcut" and press Next and you're done.
    Launch the application from your Desktop shortcut.
    I don't suggest running Boot Animation Creator on other operating system than Windows. It may not run correctly, and on some computers it may not ever run. Therefore, use it with caution (this only appeals for running B.A.C. on other operating systems than Windows)! If you get errors while running B.A.C. on other operating systems than Windows, and not on Windows itself, I won't provide support for them, because this program is not intended to run on other OS than Windows. Report bugs only if you're using Boot Animation Creator on Windows.

Final words
    That was about it. It was easy, wasn't it? Please post feedback and thoughts about my program, they are gladly appreciated. ;)
    Changelog

Code:
    Changelog:

v1.0.0.0 {25.08.2011}
    -Initial release

v1.0.1.0 {29.08.2011}
    -Bug fixes

v1.1.0.0 {02.11.2011}
    -No folder limitations
    -New way of entering properties
    -The program detects the size of your frames, so you don't need to write them. Optionally, you can change the size values
    -The "Get Boot Animation Previewer" button in the Main Menu becomes "Launch Boot Animation Previewer" if you have Boot Animation Previewer installed. The download process of Boot Animation Previewer has changed as well
    -No need of Administrator privileges
    -New way of updating
    -New Updater
    -Higher-quality icon

v1.2.0.0 {04.01.2012}
    -Integrated with D01 Software Manager (the ugly old updater is gone)
    -Fixes (corrected the typo in the about box)

v1.2.1.0 {10.01.2012}
    -Bug fix – fixed the bug not recognizing D01 Software Manager
    -Improvements – when the Set Property Dialog is shown, the text box automatically gets focus
    -New feature – it tells you if your animation contains frames with indexed colors

v1.3.0.0 {17.01.2012}
    -New: Added support for loop delays
    -Updated Previewer (now you’ll see scroll bars if the animation’s size exceeds previewer’s window size)
    -…
    v1.4.0.0 {15.02.2012}
    -Improved user-interface (looks better and it’s easier to use)
    -Bug fixes
    -Lighter on size (the executable is only 363 KB!)
    -Removed unneeded files in the initial directory
    -The ‘Preview’ feature is Boot Animation Previewer-dependent (you must have the latest version of Boot Animation Previewer to use that feature) 
    -New program icon, banner and about screen

Cam you make an Android version so we can do this awesome thing right on our phones?

Sent from another Galaxy... Note 3

Yes, I will make an Android app when I have more free time. :)
    Please give a new download link because I am getting error 404 not found:crying:

Here you go.