25th September 2013, 10:58 AM |#71  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androcheck

Short update:

The one time when the Xposed module got loaded, I still got another error in logcat (unfortunately I didn't try to send a SMS, so I have no idea if this error would have been critcal):

Code:
09-25 08:15:44.322 I/Xposed  ( 7666): Loading modules from /mnt/asec/com.silentservices.hushsms-1/pkg.apk
09-25 08:15:44.352 I/Xposed  ( 7666):   Loading class com.silentservices.hushsms.HushSMSExposedHelper
09-25 08:15:44.352 I/dalvikvm( 7666): Could not find method com.android.internal.telephony.gsm.SmsMessage.calculateLength, refere
nced from method com.silentservices.hushsms.HushSMSExposedHelper.a
09-25 08:15:44.352 W/dalvikvm( 7666): VFY: unable to resolve static method 159: Lcom/android/internal/telephony/gsm/SmsMessage;.c
alculateLength (Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Z)Lcom/android/internal/telephony/SmsMessageBase$TextEncodingDetails;
09-25 08:15:44.352 D/dalvikvm( 7666): VFY: replacing opcode 0x71 at 0x0007
As far I can see, in Android 4.3 (and afaik also in previous Android versions) this method takes 2 arguments (CharSequence and boolean):
http://grepcode.com/file/repository....e%2Cboolean%29

hope I can help.

OK, I found and understood the cause of both bugs.

The first is that at the time xposed is loaded the Play Store encrypted storage is not available thus the load of the module fails. A temporary workaround is to install it from play store, download the apk to the pc, delete it from the device and install the apk via adb. Thus the app is not installed in the encrypted storage and the module should load correctly.

The second bug is due to the calculateLength method has changed since android 4.2 thus the request fails on device with ROMs above 4.1.2.

I will try to find away around both bugs tonight and post here if I have any progress.
25th September 2013, 11:18 AM |#72  
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rnholio

The second bug is due to the calculateLength method has changed since android 4.2 thus the request fails on device with ROMs above 4.1.2.

Ah, I see, not the arguments, but the type of the return value has changed (inner class "TextEncodingDetails" was moved into a different class).

maybe you can just do a simple check for the SDK version:
Code:
if (android.os.Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= android.os.Build.VERSION_CODES.JELLY_BEAN_MR1) {
} else {
}
see here for all the version SDK numbers:
https://developer.android.com/refere...ION_CODES.html

john

P.S.: maybe a beta channel in Play Store wouldn't be that bad.
25th September 2013, 04:27 PM |#73  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!
Thanks Meter: 655

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rnholio

I have answered this so many times to you. Even via PM. You are driving me nuts. This is the last time I explain this.

HushSMS uses the Google License Verification Lib. This is to ensure to some extent that the App is bought via Google Play Store and is paid. I do this because to protect to some extent against piracy.

You always told me that you would not give your credit card info to google. Now, that there is no more need for this because of the gift cards, you now tell me that you won't even register to google. Well, still there is an alternative to you. You can buy the app from AndroidPit. This way you don't have to register with google but only with AndroidPit. If you still insist in not wanting to register anywhere there is still an alternative for you: Get an old Windows Mobile Device and install the free version of HushSMS from my website.

If you want it for Android you WILL HAVE TO get it from the Google Play Store, AndroidPit or just simply crack the app and remove the LVL and be happy.

So no! I will not make a special version for you without LVL or AndroidPit License Check. I will not make my App open source. No offense intended but: DEAL WITH IT!

This is just in plain words a really rude "answer". I know it must be tough to see a user be so interested in your work that he asks multiple times how to purchase it without using GooglePlay (as a side note, I mentioned multiple times that I do not want to register there). And it must be even tougher to see him being eager to even offer payment of the tripple amount of the price of the app. But do you really have to respond that way, @c0rnholio? I will forgive you, everyone has a hard day from time to time.

I am not the kind of guy who wants to bug you with "getting the app for free", wanting to "crack that neat app" or "forcing you to open source it" (open source is never a wrong idea, but from the view of the developer putting so much heart blood and time into the app, it makes sense to not release the code into the wild). Listen closely to what I really would like to do: I would like to pay. Let it be 10 EURO. I do NOT want to register at GooglePlay, AndroidPit nor other crappy websites crawling my privacy. I'd instantly pay if you offered PayPal or accepted sending you the PlayStore gift card number via PM. Heck, I'd even pay with PaySafe-Cards or Ukash. The only thing I'd like you to do, is to offer me a way to send you the money. Of course you don't want to restructure your app, the licensing shall be EXCLUSIVELY through GooglePlay. DAFU*K? I just want to PAY, man! So why do you talk to me like that? And why are you not able to code your app to verify its license through your own server?

Please code an ALTERNATIVE into your app. Nevertheless, I still like you. And your app. Get well soon!
25th September 2013, 04:45 PM |#74  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecUpwN

So why do you talk to me like that? And why are you not able to code your app to verify its license through your own server?

Hi @SecUpwN,

I apologize for being rude or harsh. It was not (totally) meant that way.
I simply have not the time to write my own licensing server and host it. There are alternatives for licensing libraries, but they all cost a great bunch of cash that I just cannot afford for just one single user. Don't get me wrong. Everyone who dealt with me in the context of my apps knows that I take my customers serious and I'm always trying to help where I can and as soon as I can. I already spent time providing the AndroidPit alternative for users who can't or won't register with Google. However, I will try to find a way and let you know when I have found it.

Cheers,
Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to c0rnholio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift c0rnholio Ad-Free
27th September 2013, 08:52 PM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I tried the version 2.1.6 with Xposed framework and installed HushSMS module, but the Stealth Pings are shown on the receiving phone as empty SMS with visible sender number.

Do you have any hint ?

Regards, Onliner09
27th September 2013, 09:45 PM |#76  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...

More
Hi,
can you give me some more details please.
Whats you network type?
Whos your carrier?
What kind of ping did you send?
Are you using the Xposed Mod?
What type is the target device exactly?

Cheers,
Michael
28th September 2013, 09:43 AM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi,

1.) GSM/UMTS
2.) My carrier T-mobile Ger.
Target carrier Vodafone Ger.
3.) Silent ping
4.) Yes
5.) SonyEricsson W760i
Regards, Markus

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 4
29th September 2013, 10:16 PM |#78  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...

More
Hi Markus,

Thank you for the details.
I will do some tests tomorrow evening with t-mobile and vodafone and come back to you on this.
1st October 2013, 12:32 PM |#79  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Will test this out tonight
2nd October 2013, 02:54 PM |#80  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by araujo3rd

Will test this out tonight

what was the outcome of your tests? did it work for you?
2nd October 2013, 02:55 PM |#81  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onliner09

Hi,

1.) GSM/UMTS
2.) My carrier T-mobile Ger.
Target carrier Vodafone Ger.
3.) Silent ping
4.) Yes
5.) SonyEricsson W760i
Regards, Markus

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 4

Hi Markus,

I published an update (2.1.8) of HushSMS and verison 1.4 of the xposed module (http://silentservices.de/HushSMSExposedHelper.apk)

can you please check again after the update?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)