Official Samsung Gingerbread Leak In the Pipeline

Search This thread

Robyna2010

Apr 26, 2011
somewhere, FL
Well... this leak is great, and after it's had some time to bake with the dev's I really hope I'll be able to use a form of it as my daily driver (I depend on my phone for work).

But I can't help wondering about this GB build - to what end does it exist? I had long ago given up hope for Samsung actually releasing another update for this phone as the Galaxy S II is due out next month I think.. and it took them ages to give us Froyo.

Do you think this implies that Samsung may actually have an official release forthcoming, or is this merely an internal "proof of concept" build?

Well, if you remember back to pre-Froyo official builds coming out... maybe like the March timeframe or so... Samsung was saying in various channels that it was "confirming" GB would be coming. And there were even rumors that the GS line might actually skip froyo for GB. The build info on the leaked GB rom sort of implies to me that maybe this was a thought at one time... Ie: this rom is dated the month ahead of the Froyo builds that were officially released.

Makes me think maybe some of those rumors may have had a small amount of truth to them.

*GASP* maybe some of what the inter-tubes have on them may very well be for real! :eek:

nemesis2all

Sep 14, 2010
Columbia, SC
lulk.png

***This reply is not meant to be a flame, just meant to try to help outsiders understand what this community is about***

p3droid does not seem to have an understanding of the android, opensource, and our fascinate community. It is not that our devs are gods and the only ones that deserve the leak. The point is that *if* you can only get the leak out to a few people then try to get in the hands of a dev so they can use it to either help out with other projects or make the leak into something better that people in the community would prefer to have on their phones. Most of the devs around here are not here to make a quick buck. They are here doing this because they enjoy doing it and do not expect anything in return.

Last edited:

thekylebrody

Sep 24, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I completely agree with this. I would rather see an improvement on the side of AOSP Roms for the Fascinate vs. GB TouchWiz or even FroYo TouchWiz. But even debloated is better than any stock form of Touchwiz I guess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Folks can make all the excuses they want, but I question everything. If someone appears to be hiding something, it causes me to question more. I asked for a simple video showing baseband.

I am sorry but stand by p3droid all you like. His response was an immature temper tantrum because someone wanted to see more. His attacks on me were unwarranted, and to give you an idea of who stupid the situation was, I was constantly shat on until R1Lover showed we were friends. All of a sudden--back-pedalling. They actually had the gall after his namecalling and fist pounding to say I should apologize!

In my world, you know, the real one, his behaviour was unacceptable. The only people who would condone such things are in it because they want a leak.
    He is probably just protecting where he got the leak from. I met the guy yesterday, hes a cool guy, and definitely did not seem like someone who would fake that.

Im not saying he's faking it or anything...in fact im convinced he has a gb build...I just don't like the surrounding hype with it...our other leaks were handled in a much better mannerand where tested out by smart folks to ensure everything was in order before it went out to the masses
    P3 doesn't have gb. Just another froyo build (apparently some folks don't know how to read a build.prop lol).

A gb leak would help to fix sensors on aosp roms at the very least, so it would be nice to get ahold of one.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
    p3 not a problem - he just broke the fascinate dev comm model

he is doing thing his way not working with the old boy network

+1 p3

step 1 - remove p3nis from mouth
    step 2 - remove p3nis from sphincter
    step 3 - remove head from sphincter
    step 4 - actually think for yourself instead of being a sheep
    step 5 - PROFIT!
    He's like 30 or 40 I think based on the fact he has 3 kids and is a teacher.
    Did he over react? A little. Did u guys jump all over him? A little. Do u owe him an apology? YES.
    You guys should know people have to protect their sources when they get a leak. You should have looked at his past work and just givin him some credit.
    As a guy that came from motorola phone all i can say is Sucks to be you guys

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Nope, no apology required. It was a reasonable request. If he was protecting his sources, all he had to do was say so. If he's a teacher, that's pretty disturbing. Can you imagine how he reacts when his students have questions? "Mr. P3, I think there's a mistake on question 5 ..." "Why you little piece of crap! How dare you question my perfection?"

Seriously, dude needs a psych exam.