Rooting Galaxy s5 . TWRP .

Search This thread
Jan 9, 2014
Hi , ive recently switched from my galaxy s3 running cyanogenmod 11 nightlies that had TWRP to a stock Galaxy s5 . Now im not completely a noob when it comes to rooting , it has been a while since ive had to root , but it would be nice to have a refresher over the subject . Really , ijust want to root my Tmobile Galaxy s5 , but if ido the auto - root from chainfire will istill be able to install TWRP ? On my galaxy s3 i installed TWRP from goo manager after ihad rooted it . Ijust want to be sure iwill be able to use TWRP for my Gs5 so that ican flash custom roms in the future .

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

ecksor

Jan 26, 2011
NYC
Hi , ive recently switched from my galaxy s3 running cyanogenmod 11 nightlies that had TWRP to a stock Galaxy s5 . Now im not completely a noob when it comes to rooting , it has been a while since ive had to root , but it would be nice to have a refresher over the subject . Really , ijust want to root my Tmobile Galaxy s5 , but if ido the auto - root from chainfire will istill be able to install TWRP ? On my galaxy s3 i installed TWRP from goo manager after ihad rooted it . Ijust want to be sure iwill be able to use TWRP for my Gs5 so that ican flash custom roms in the future .

Yes, you will be able to flash TWRP with Odin after getting root. Exactly the same procedure as rooting (read Chainfire's instructions), only instead of CF-Auto-Root-kltetmo-kltetmo-smg900t.tar.md5 file used for rooting, you will need to grab recovery.tar.md5 from the TWRP's thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, you will be able to flash TWRP with Odin after getting root. Exactly the same procedure as rooting (read Chainfire's instructions), only instead of CF-Auto-Root-kltetmo-kltetmo-smg900t.tar.md5 file used for rooting, you will need to grab recovery.tar.md5 from the TWRP's thread.