Yalls thoghts on the LG G3 not receiving the 805

Search This thread

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
Why do people keep posting about the 805. It isn't meant for phones, it is a tablet processor. This isn't even relevant to the G3 so stop posting about it.

I guess Samsung didn't get the memo that the 805 is a tablet only chip.... Lol

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/06/1...orea-features-qhd-display-and-snapdragon-805/

This all but assures they there will be a G3 Prime of some kind, and more or less confirms the Note 4 will have an 805 or better too. Absolutely no reason to get the regular G3 now in my opinion.

asialove2013

Sep 6, 2013
LG F460 with 805 Soc

Are you referring to me?

http://www.mylgphones.com/lg-f460l-with-snapdragon-805-confirmed-is-it-lg-g3-prime.html

F460L.jpg

Reactions: skr_xd

zathus

Aug 25, 2009
I made the stupid mistake of reading up on the 805 and watching a bunch of videos. Now I can't get a new phone with out at least the 805. Damn you YouTube !

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bill3508

May 23, 2011
Hope it comes to the US. No interest in the G3 in its current form.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
Eh, if an 805 version comes out and is a lot better I'll sell this g3 and get that g3. Not a huge deal to me.

Robin2

Jun 19, 2009
For the people complaining that the resolution of this phone is too much for a 801 chip: remember the Nexus 10? That thing had an even higher resolution and it was rocking a dual core Exynos chip. That device had no lag.

3's&7's

Jul 25, 2013
P3X-439
I wouldn't want to lose radio performance, so no love lost re: the 805 here.

The G3 will be one of the last great 32 bit / cat 4 supremacyphones made methinks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have NEVER met a single person in the real world who said they would or wouldn't buy a phone based on what processor is in it...

Are you guys trying to run a nuclear power plant with your smart phone, or just make calls/text/email/surf/listen to music/play an occasional game?

What could you POSSIBLY need/want to do with your phone, that the current processor can't handle??
    The 805 is not a good phone SoC, it doesn't have an integrated radio. Sure it would have been nice to get the Adreno 430, but not at the cost of a slower radio, less battery life and a bigger phone.

801 is perfectly fine, people just assume the 330 can't handle a QHD resolution for some reason, even though it supports higher resolutions than that. Those people should at least wait for indepth reviews before making assumptions about the capabilities of these components.
    What could you POSSIBLY need/want to do with your phone, that the current processor can't handle??

Benchmarks. Lots of them.
    I have NEVER met a single person in the real world who said they would or wouldn't buy a phone based on what processor is in it...

Are you guys trying to run a nuclear power plant with your smart phone, or just make calls/text/email/surf/listen to music/play an occasional game?

I have said this before and I will say it again. The smartphone industry has become just like the computer industry was and in some ways still is. It's all about who has the newest this and that and which number is higher. It's what's driving the market in the first place. Half of the people that own the S5 probably don't even use the features of the phone that actually make it worth using. And that's just a speculation BTW.

Another thing that is so damn stupid here on xda, is the amount of benchmarks this and benchmarks that. What the bomboclath benchmark have to be run on a phone for?! It makes calls and shoots videos and plays games. No need for a benchmark. Most of us here probably aren't even power users, and simply love customizing the phones. But still who cares about benchmarks. The Samsung infuse is still fast and it's old as heck!

Sent from my C6833_GPe using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Dude.. read what you are posting. Notice how there's no LTE on the die? It's just the Wifi/BT/FM/USB, the modem is on a separate die. Now go look at the 801 die picture. See how it says 4G LTE Advanced on the die? That's an integrated modem.

So like I said previously, you need to read more carefully - especially when you're trying to erroneously correct someone. If you did a simple google search something like "805 integrated modem" would have saved so many posts.

I wasn't correcting anyone, I was asking a damn question (did you see the question mark?).

Secondly, of course I could google for it: if I knew what i was googling for. As I said earlier, isn't gaining knowledge from others supposed to be what forums are for!

Thirdly, the connectivity area on the block diagram is annotated with the words
    Stay connected and stream
    large files fast with industry
    leading connectivity,
    including the world's most
    advanced 4G LTE and
    Qualcomm® VIVE™ 2-stream
    802.11ac Wi-Fi
    I was attempting to ascertain the validity of this annotation! I have since found out (by asking the same question on a different forum) that a qualcomm part with the prefix 'aqp' refers to one without a modem

XDA used to be a friendly place to talk about technology. Can anyone answer a question without hurling abuse? The attitudes around here are just shocking.

addendum: I just found references to a MSM8984, which is the modem carrying version of the AQP8984