[ROM]{AT&T i497}[4.0.4 UCLJ3 DjScRiBbLe Edition]

Search This thread

helfrez

Apr 14, 2007
With the init.d support, I think a data2sd build would be a very interesting proposition. You can do a decent job of moving the big stuff with GL to SD, but it's not quite the same as moving everything. The biggest problem is making it reliable though.

Has anyone attempted to port the TMobile JB build over to the 497? It's pretty sad that ATT is the only carrier to NOT push the update at this point. I nuked one 497 already, trying to do something very unorthodoxed :cowboy:

darkfayte

May 11, 2011
Dallas
With the init.d support, I think a data2sd build would be a very interesting proposition. You can do a decent job of moving the big stuff with GL to SD, but it's not quite the same as moving everything. The biggest problem is making it reliable though.

Has anyone attempted to port the TMobile JB build over to the 497? It's pretty sad that ATT is the only carrier to NOT push the update at this point. I nuked one 497 already, trying to do something very unorthodoxed :cowboy:

I am not sure the intention of OP is to port over JB. I think he is wanting to wait until a stable build is complete before making it a ROM. This is 100% understandable. It seems most DEVs these days are looking to stay stable and close to stock (at least in the Note II sections). I would have to agree with this, maybe a little new functionality for flavor but staying "stable" is really the key to success.

Obvi, i cant speak for the OP, but, that's what it seems to be from his posts/replys. I would rather have AT&T build then a TMobile build that's "ported" and not for my device/carrier.

helfrez

Apr 14, 2007
We won't go too far down that rabbit hole and muddy the thread, but the primary reason for staying close to stock, as is the case with the Note 2, is lack of proper source code for drivers. The Note 2 in particular, lacks proper source code for the exynos chipset (Samsung is the worst offender, followed closely by Rockchip). To further clarify, many devs, such as with the Note 2, also take a multicarrier approach when the device hardware is the same. In the case of the TMobile/ATT Tablet 2, these devices are the exact same hardware, if I am not mistaken. The Sprint version, being CDMA, would not be of course. sdbags builds one version of CleanROM for the Note 2, compatible with multiple carriers, because the hardware is maybe 95% the same.

I digress, it was never an intention for the dev to port JB over, it was a question on whether he/she knew of anyone who had attempted it. I was considering attempting the port myself if no one had even tried.

sohood317

Jul 13, 2009
---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Thanks for the kinds words. I can look into porting but would rather just wait for an official release. Easier and much more stable :)

No problem and u deserve it, thanks for information and rom development, u did what no one seemed to be interest in doing. Also, my goal was to use my att tab like a phone, I been looking for an .apk or something that would install actual phone app with dialer. Found one but kept saying not installed I even went into system, apps, and renamed any and all files that had anything to do with phone (alot actually) and still couldn't install .apk, so I put everything back in order, any ideas would be great. I seen a tab 2 on jellybean make a real call on YouTube and really want that option. Thanks!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using xda premium

Last edited:

darkfayte

May 11, 2011
Dallas
We won't go too far down that rabbit hole and muddy the thread, but the primary reason for staying close to stock, as is the case with the Note 2, is lack of proper source code for drivers. The Note 2 in particular, lacks proper source code for the exynos chipset (Samsung is the worst offender, followed closely by Rockchip). To further clarify, many devs, such as with the Note 2, also take a multicarrier approach when the device hardware is the same. In the case of the TMobile/ATT Tablet 2, these devices are the exact same hardware, if I am not mistaken. The Sprint version, being CDMA, would not be of course. sdbags builds one version of CleanROM for the Note 2, compatible with multiple carriers, because the hardware is maybe 95% the same.

I digress, it was never an intention for the dev to port JB over, it was a question on whether he/she knew of anyone who had attempted it. I was considering attempting the port myself if no one had even tried.

oh i see .. sorry bro, didnt mean to get off the track there, maybe i misunderstood the question lol.
/end off-topic

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

No problem and u deserve it, thanks for information and rom development, u did what no one seemed to be interest in doing. Also, my goal was to use my att tab like a phone, I been looking for an .apk or something that would install actual phone app with dialer. Found one but kept saying not installed I even went into system, apps, and renamed any and all files that had anything to do with phone (alot actually) and still couldn't install .apk, so I put everything back in order, any ideas would be great. I seen a tab 2 on jellybean make a real call on YouTube and really want that option. Thanks!!

understand the Tab2 v2 thats in beta (the one i have) can make phone calls. Its like a Note II 10.1 lol ... but yes, this is 100% possible since you are provided an actual phone number with the SGH-I497. It maybe a provision thing with AT&T, who knows. Let me see if i can re-provision my SIM and get the software ; i will look around and ask my friends at Samsung ...

sohood317

Jul 13, 2009
oh i see .. sorry bro, didnt mean to get off the track there, maybe i misunderstood the question lol.
/end off-topic

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

understand the Tab2 v2 thats in beta (the one i have) can make phone calls. Its like a Note II 10.1 lol ... but yes, this is 100% possible since you are provided an actual phone number with the SGH-I497. It maybe a provision thing with AT&T, who knows. Let me see if i can re-provision my SIM and get the software ; i will look around and ask my friends at Samsung ...

Ok thank you

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Just want to let you guys know I going to be trying to release a new version by the weekend. My fiancé can only handle me being on the computer so much. I plan to hopefully have a new bootanimation added, and the extended reboot menu. I will probably release a de-bloated version and pack the removed apps for people the to re-install.

sohood317

Jul 13, 2009
Just want to let you guys know I going to be trying to release a new version by the weekend. My fiancé can only handle me being on the computer so much. I plan to hopefully have a new bootanimation added, and the extended reboot menu. I will probably release a de-bloated version and pack the removed apps for people the to re-install.

Thanks nice work, any idea about the phone apk so we can use as phone, it has a phone app installed but no way to bring up dialer, att has phone number with sim and I send recive text using the GO SMS pro app. Just curious, thanks and again great work!!!

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Like mentioned above its a provisioning thing i believe. just installing an app wont work as from my understanding at&t blocks phone calls on tablets?

nolimitplr

Mar 27, 2011
Been running for a few days and is running great!
Can't wait for updates
Thanks again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: DJsCrIBbLe

darkfayte

May 11, 2011
Dallas
AT&T update finally went in on its own and after reboot it told me "no OS is installed". Rebooted and reinstalled and its working fine ... but .. heads up just incase. Just moved across country so i had to put the UI stuff on hold ...

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
You mean your tab got updated via ota ? This is the latest unless they are pushing jb

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Yes I hope to update soon. Long story short is I only have my fiancés tab 2 to test things on and she hates when I mess with her tab lol. So hopefully soon I can add a few things to this. I should have my own tab 2 to test on I'm a week so that will help.

kingfiras

Aug 24, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Ok thanks, wish there was a way around it!

Great work dev :) as for the phone part I am using Viber .. not perfect solution but works. .. I uninstalled from phone .. then installed on the tab .. when asked for a phone number I used my real phone number not the tablet. .. it sent a text to my cell with the code and I used it on the tab to finish Viber setup and voila :) .. again not perfect but works for me as most of my friends have Viber and I am most of the time in a WiFi area ;)

darkfayte

May 11, 2011
Dallas
You mean your tab got updated via ota ? This is the latest unless they are pushing jb

Yes, it was OTA. It maybe my Tab2 because im using the Samsung Tab2 v2 Beta tablet and i may have some other pushes going to my tablet that are not "official". Im running a totally different tablet then the store Tab2. Even my serial is "00000000000" lol.

Dubee24

Mar 23, 2011
San Francisco
Hey thanks for the rom everything is working great so far, just got my tab 2 the other day some debloat would be great if you can. If u need any testing let me know thanks again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Custom Rom For Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 AT&T i497 by DjScRiBbLe :good:

V1

-Rom Is built off Stock UCLJ3 Firmware
    -Fully Deodexed
    -Zip-aligned
    -Rooted (installed Chainfire's SuperSU)
    -Added etc/Init.d Support
    -Busybox added

Planned Features

-Possibly extended reboot
    -Some theming
    -De-Bloating
    -Apps2sd
    -Custom Boot animation support

**********Installation Instructions***********

1.DOWNLOAD ZIP
    2.Place on sdcard
    3.MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
    4.Wipe Data/Factory reset
    5.Wipe Cache
    6.Wipe Dalvik Cache
    7.Flash Zip
    8.Reboot System and Enjoy!

Wiping data is recommended before flashing no matter what. Even when updating to a newer version. If you decide to dirty flash don't post with issues!

Download

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22962010882834683
    Screenshots

Screenshot_2013-05-16-18-58-27_zps54a8ab69.png

Screenshot_2013-05-16-18-58-49_zpsd0c74dd6.png

Working Wifi ;)

Screenshot_2013-05-16-21-32-46_zps7181747a.png

Working Data :)

Screenshot_2013-05-16-21-31-56-1_zps29516a15.png
    V1 Up.

So depending on what people want i plan on either keeping the rom without removing bloat and leave it to the users or based on feedback i can remove the bloat and put the files up for people who want them.

Enjoy :)