[ToolKit] Nexus 7 one click root tool !

Search This thread

Bilge656

Jul 4, 2012
Sorry, I am new to the Android scene from iOS, but is it easy to upgrade to another firmware rooted?

maccag

Account currently disabled
Nov 7, 2009
GB
meettomy.site
Google Pixel 3
N00bie

Sorry About this, this tablet is going to be my first ever android device so i have never rooted anything before.
Is there an easy way to remove everything back off it (i.e needs a warranty repair)?.
Is it just a case of restoring it like you do to ios? & what are the chances of a brick?

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
Sorry About this, this tablet is going to be my first ever android device so i have never rooted anything before.
Is there an easy way to remove everything back off it (i.e needs a warranty repair)?.
Is it just a case of restoring it like you do to ios? & what are the chances of a brick?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1747396

chance of brick is possible but not likely. read n follow directions. u should be good. become more familiar with android, its nothing like ios

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: ducky124

S. Prime

Dec 7, 2011
USA
Three questions:
1) Will your rooting procedure give S Off?
2) How does CWM backup work on the Nexus 7 without an sd card?
3) Will you be able to install custom roms through CWM on the Nexus 7 without an sd card?

neilrl79

Aug 15, 2010
Maryland
Three questions:
3) Will you be able to install custom roms through CWM on the Nexus 7 without an sd card?

1) ?
2) backups are stored on the internal storage which the system sees as sd card
3) unless there is something wrong with CWM, yes, you put the rom on the internal storage(sdcard) and flash from there.

Reactions: S. Prime

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
Three questions:

This isn't a HTC device & there is no S or Radio to turn off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: S. Prime

S. Prime

Dec 7, 2011
USA
This isn't a HTC device & there is no S or Radio to turn off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the clarification; most of my experience is with HTC device (Incredible and Flyer)

Also it was previously stated that you were given the option to unlock the bootloader or not. So what would be the advantages of unlocking verses not unlocking?

S. Prime

Dec 7, 2011
USA
Unlocking the bootloader allows you to install custom roms and such. Kinda important :)

I appeciate your reply. I thought that the purpose of unlocking the bootloader would allow CWM and custom ROM installation, but I was just wondering why it has been previously stated that you are given the opportunity to unlock the bootloader or not. Also can the bootloader be relocked and the traces of root removed if you need warranty service. Sorry for the noob questions, but I am learning and hoping my questions will help other noobs.

FadedLite

Jul 10, 2010
California
socaldevs.com
I appeciate your reply. I thought that the purpose of unlocking the bootloader would allow CWM and custom ROM installation, but I was just wondering why it has been previously stated that you are given the opportunity to unlock the bootloader or not. Also can the bootloader be relocked and the traces of root removed if you need warranty service. Sorry for the noob questions, but I am learning and hoping my questions will help other noobs.

The bootloader can be locked again in you can remove all traces of being rooted. I I actually had to do that before. Idk about the script though, I didn't write it ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: iwantanandroid

EVOXGSR

Dec 23, 2011
I'm having a problem. I run through the one click no problem with the program, bootloader unlocks but I'm not rooted despite it saying I am. ES File and build.prop apps won't work saying I'm not rooted. I have installed both super user and superSU.

Any idea why this is happening? And my clockwork is unresponsive with I select an option forcing me to force restart my nexus. I ran through the process at least 5 times.

TahrirSquare

Jan 22, 2012
How about an option to make a nandroid of the unrooted stock ROM before "SU" is flashed. Is that possibe?

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
How about an option to make a nandroid of the unrooted stock ROM before "SU" is flashed. Is that possibe?

u can always do this process manually.

unlock bootloader via fastboot
install cwm via fastboot
boot into cwm n do the rm command to be permanent
make a backup in cwm
then flash supersu

that's what I plan on doing as soon as I get mine.

TahrirSquare

Jan 22, 2012
u can always do this process manually.

unlock bootloader via fastboot
install cwm via fastboot
boot into cwm n do the rm command to be permanent
make a backup in cwm
then flash supersu

that's what I plan on doing as soon as I get mine.

I know it's a dumb question, but after unlocking and flashing CWM from fastboot, how do you boot into recovery? do you do fastboot reboot recovery in the terminal, or turn it on and use a key combination to get in ? Thanks

FadedLite

Jul 10, 2010
California
socaldevs.com
I know it's a dumb question, but after unlocking and flashing CWM from fastboot, how do you boot into recovery? do you do fastboot reboot recovery in the terminal, or turn it on and use a key combination to get in ? Thanks

You select the option in the bootloader after the flash. Its pretty straight forward. Vol up or down to the recovery option, then hit power to select it

Sent from my KRAKD Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: TahrirSquare

iwantanandroid

Mar 12, 2012
Anyone have a link to a good rooting guide video of a Nexus 7? Or is it possible for OP to do one on a NEXUS 7

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts