Ring of Yellow Spots on Screen (White Background)

Search This thread

zhix

Dec 24, 2004
Has anyone seen a ring of yellow spots on around the screen when view on a white background ? or am I the only one holding a lemon?

the yellow spots doesn't seem to hamper normal operation so i haven't really bang any tables at HTC yet but it is disturbing for a brand new device.

i'm also hoping this is the glue that is holding the screen to the phone and it wil eventually dry up and disappear like Samsung S2

http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img525/2572/ringofyellowspotspointe.png

Reactions: JunKisaragi

JunKisaragi

Sep 7, 2010
Has anyone seen a ring of yellow spots on around the screen when view on a white background ? or am I the only one holding a lemon?

the yellow spots doesn't seem to hamper normal operation so i haven't really bang any tables at HTC yet but it is disturbing for a brand new device.

i'm also hoping this is the glue that is holding the screen to the phone and it wil eventually dry up and disappear like Samsung S2

Thanks for posting.

On my 3rd trip to have my second unit replaced, the third one had a huge yellow spot that's visible on the welcome screen (HTC). It's located at the upper left corner. It's interesting to note however that I did not notice yellow spots on the first two units.

The store I went to only had three on stock, and all of 'em had "cosmetic" defects. The third one having the yellow spot and a silvery dot inside the glass that's not part of the LCD nor the bezel. Dunno where that came from.

Cancelled my purchase and I guess will just hold off on buying a new one 'til HTC can sort their sh** out. :(

kartikk

Mar 12, 2011
Chennai

http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img525/2572/ringofyellowspotspointe.png

my dad got the HTC one v a few days ago..it had one yellow spot in the corner
..so i had it replaced & the new one doesn't seem to have any such yellow dots
after 3days of use..hope it stays that way :D

IsoNick

Mar 13, 2011
Today when I was browsning on a white homepage I noticed this as well. But it's so little that I don't see it as problem.

zhix

Dec 24, 2004
i bought a 2nd unit for my dad and it had the SAME problem .. yellow dots all around the sides of the screen. I'm suspecting that it's the glue that's holding the screen. it's not a functional issue but looks ugly that's all. Now considering if I should return both sets to HTC.

Renise

Feb 13, 2010
KL
renise-sachiko.blogspot.com
i was feeling kind of down because of it actually, thought that was me having this problem only. but other people encountering the same, someone went to have a one to one replacement, yet, still having this issue, hope HTC will improve soon

Here are some pictures when I was unboxing it *just for sharing*

33981_10150683395066017_593856016_9716116_745422083_n.jpg

149386_10150683395121017_593856016_9716118_828674170_n.jpg

543522_10150683395241017_593856016_9716120_1483714234_n.jpg

549354_10150683495626017_593856016_9716573_333673811_n.jpg

552003_10150683495706017_593856016_9716574_200082667_n.jpg

559602_10150683495776017_593856016_9716575_210638422_n.jpg

zhix

Dec 24, 2004
I went to replace the 2 phones at the service center yesterday and they wouldn't commit to a 1-1 replacement claiming they need to get "management" approval. They also won't confirm that the new replacement phones will solve the problem saying that the replacement phones (if given) comes straight from the warehouse.

will update what happens when i receive the new phones.

zhix

Dec 24, 2004
See reply from HTC SEA

Quote"
Thank you for your reply, the yellow screen of the products is due to the manufacturer of the screen, we sincerely apologized so much inconvenience and issues caused to you. Kindly check your new phone after you received it, if there is any problems please contact us agian!

Best Regards HTC
"Unquote

ferdian08

Feb 26, 2012
Jakarta
See reply from HTC SEA

Quote"
Thank you for your reply, the yellow screen of the products is due to the manufacturer of the screen, we sincerely apologized so much inconvenience and issues caused to you. Kindly check your new phone after you received it, if there is any problems please contact us agian!

Best Regards HTC
"Unquote

so, just go to service center, we will get new phone?

zhix

Dec 24, 2004
okay .. i just got back one of the phones (for some strange reasons, both my replacement phones are coming in from different sources and different schedules) and it DOESN'T have the yellow spots !!

crossing my fingers that the 2nd phone will not have any yellow spots as well.

zhix

Dec 24, 2004
it knew it was too good to be true .. the 2nd phone HAD the same yellow spots. But now i know HTC is capable of phones without the yellow spots, i called HTC Support and rejected the yellow spots. I just wish there is a way to blow up this matter and make HTC take more responsibility and attention into this matter. the issue seems worst then i thought it would be.

#1. Brand New Phones 2 Sets - Yellow Spots
#2. Replacement Phone (1 Set) - Yellow Spots

Now waiting for HTC call center to get management approval to get a replacement phone for my replacement phone for the SAME yellow spot issues.

RaceAce

Jun 17, 2010
I returned the first phone I received because it had a faulty touch screen and the yellow spots.

The new one I got still has yellow spots but the touch screen atleast works.

Also, almost every one I know who owns a HTC One V has these yellow spots, just some of them have not noticed.

Flyarnk

Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I have been using HTC One X for over a week now. When I got it first, I noticed the yellow spot right away on left bottom corner. It was specially visible in White/grey background.

I found a pressure point just beside the yellow spot. When I gently pushed that area with tip of my nail the yellow spot would disappear. Although it would come right back when I release the pressure.

I kept doing it for days and guess what now yellow spot is almost gone...maybe 5% left or maybe its just me now :)

Let me know if this works for any one. Good luck

Reactions: richard24

richard24

Apr 28, 2012
Manila
I have been using HTC One X for over a week now. When I got it first, I noticed the yellow spot right away on left bottom corner. It was specially visible in White/grey background.

I found a pressure point just beside the yellow spot. When I gently pushed that area with tip of my nail the yellow spot would disappear. Although it would come right back when I release the pressure.

I kept doing it for days and guess what now yellow spot is almost gone...maybe 5% left or maybe its just me now :)

I have the exact same problem (at the same spot - bottom left)

I tried what you did and the yellow spot disappears when I press it, but goes back when I release. I'll try to do that for a couple of days, let's see if it works. :)

zhix

Dec 24, 2004
the first 3 sets of HTC ONE V had yellow spots .. only the 4th set did not have yellow spots .. that's a 75% fallout rate .. don't try to help HTC ... DEMAND FOR A NEW PHONE with a WORKING SCREEN that YOU DESERVE !!

I'm trying to get a replacement for the 3rd SET of BRAND NEW HTC ONE V from HTC but they are giving me all sorts of excuses.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

mine has small yellow spot on the left lower corner (next to the micro usb port) but i dont mind it :) its only noticable when the screen is white

mine has too and i mind a lot is this glue thing that will dissapear or what or i need to get new phone i guess

Sent from my HTC One V using xda premium