Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois

Thank Me Later

Dec 11, 2011
Samsung 4.3 & Google Android's 4.3 are not the same. I don't expect anything too awesome. It will be Samsung & Verizon's modified firmware.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

tburns

May 1, 2010
Vegas
Verizon updated the tbolt to ICS. They will update the s3.

0xScott

Oct 5, 2012
OnePlus 6
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
The question is, when? If it's June 2014, most already will get tired of waiting and will either go AOSP or upgrade to another device.

I'm using the CM 10.2 nightly from last night with the dkp kernel. The CM stock kernel works great, but dkp gets me better battery life.

It's to the point that I'd rather keep my S3 over getting an S4.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dohturdima

Jan 6, 2011
I'm using the CM 10.2 nightly from last night with the dkp kernel. The CM stock kernel works great, but dkp gets me better battery life.

It's to the point that I'd rather keep my S3 over getting an S4.

My CM experience was limited to my previous phone, OG Epic on Sprint. Thanks, but no thanks - staying with TW, as I like my phone as problem free as possible (app bug issues in Android are bad enough). Before someone starts saying that their CM in GS3 runs perfectly - it has never been my own experience. I can live with slightly worse battery life provided everything else works as intended.

SDQB17

Jun 26, 2013
Roseville, Calif
My CM experience was limited to my previous phone, OG Epic on Sprint. Thanks, but no thanks - staying with TW, as I like my phone as problem free as possible (app bug issues in Android are bad enough). Before someone starts saying that their CM in GS3 runs perfectly - it has never been my own experience. I can live with slightly worse battery life provided everything else works as intended.

Agreed, after all it is in the end a phone..and it is no good if it doesn't work 100% when needed.

Comp625

Jan 4, 2013
Verizon updated the tbolt to ICS. They will update the s3.

Lmao, by the time VZW released ICS for the HTC Thunderbolt, it was already outdated due to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and 4.2.2. I seriously wonder how much money VZW loses by spending too much time doing quality testing on their updates.

On the other hand, I hope Samsung can leverage their bargaining power and "push" Verizon to get the software released. Then again...Samsung's not in any hurry since they'd rather users go and buy the S4 if they want newer software. :p

Reactions: ShapesBlue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i guess its time to rock this 4.3 :p stock root odex/deodex coming soon :D

gonna see if i can snag this tar :p :cool:
    I really hope you guys know the consequences of taking the official OTA of 4.3
    Your bootloader will be upgraded to a Knox secured one and trying to downgrade it back to an insecure one will brick your phone. This secure boot loader means no custom kernel and no custom recovery until we find a way around it. Root is still possible, but that's it... Only root.
    Just saying. If you guys want custom ROMs, its better to wait
    See here for more info
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47800268
    Tapatalk 4 sucks
    RErickOilfieldTrash3_zpse29e1dc7.png
    I just got a message from @Bulls1969 I think we will be working on getting the image today!

Tapatalk 4 sucks

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I just got a message from @Bulls1969 I think we will be working on getting the image today!

Tapatalk 4 sucks
    You will get a Verizon version of 4.3 TW before the holidays whether it comes from Verizon or is leaked by Samsung. 4.2 was already being tested and there is no user difference between 4.2 and 4.3. All the changes are security changes. Samsung needs to sell that new smart watch. Without 4.3 it is a no go on S3, S4 and Note 2. As always do not take the OTA. This is Verizons chance to lock you down like they did the S4. :cool:
    Thread has been cleaned.
    Please keep it respectful and clean.