t989 tmobile not getting in download mode, HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!

Search This thread

mickeycobra04

Jul 4, 2009
Brownsville, TX
the phone does not boot up . when i power on, a screen saying :

odin mode
product name: t989
custom binary download: no
current binary: samsung official

(mobile)--!--(PC)

"Firmware upgrade ecountered an issue. please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.".

I have tried to connecting it to kies but its not recognzied. any suggestions?

Reactions: darocsfinest1

jangst123

Dec 18, 2010
Bucks County, PA
www.allformailers.com
Odin stock

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

odin mode

(mobile)--!--(PC)

"Firmware upgrade ecountered an issue. please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.".

Last edited:
Reactions: mickeycobra04

mickeycobra04

Jul 4, 2009
Brownsville, TX
how can i get odin to read my device if my device is stuck in the screen mentioned and when i enter download mode through usb connecting, takes me to the warning screen!! but when i press volume up it doesnt go into the next step, it goes straight to the same screen that i mentioned. thanks for replying btw, your the only person thats helped me out since i started searching for help.

quest4fire

Aug 12, 2010
Washington, DC
Google Pixel 5
Did you try the button combo to get into download/odin mode? If so you need to get a usb jig to force it into download mode so you can flash back to stock via odin

wannagofast

Aug 28, 2010
PSL, FL
Same thing happened to me. Just have Odin open and ready to go, plug phone into DL mode just like normal, when the screen pops up give Odin a second or two and then you should see the com light up yellow as Odin recognise your device. Start the flash and let Odin do it's thing and it will reboot and all will be fine.

mickeycobra04

Jul 4, 2009
Brownsville, TX
Did you try the button combo to get into download/odin mode? If so you need to get a usb jig to force it into download mode so you can flash back to stock via odin

i can get into download mode by plugging usb while holding the vol up/vol down. but when it asks me to press vol up, it takes me to the same screen with "phone-!-PC".

mickeycobra04

Jul 4, 2009
Brownsville, TX
Same thing happened to me. Just have Odin open and ready to go, plug phone into DL mode just like normal, when the screen pops up give Odin a second or two and then you should see the com light up yellow as Odin recognise your device. Start the flash and let Odin do it's thing and it will reboot and all will be fine.

Ok, just tried this method, when i get into download mode i click vol up and continues to the screen im stuck on. :confused: odin still didnt recognize my phone

darocsfinest1

Jan 26, 2007
Upstate New York
me 2

im having the same issue with my phone. i googled around it saw ppl with the same issue, but when ppl fix their problem they didnt say how. i left a post on 3 of the threads (including 1 not on xda) but i havent received a response. i tried the hold the buttons method, the delete kies method, the just let odin flash a rom over but when odin gets to "cashe" it fails everytime. i hope i can find a fix, cuz ppl are having this problem and fixing there phone pretty quickly.

joselarajan87

May 30, 2010
Norwalk ca
if your screen has a pc and a warning symbol you still can odin,

open oding and conect your phone to pc while that screen you are saying pops up then see if odin recognizes..

Trevnerdio

Apr 13, 2010
PCB
have you tried reinstalling kies, try it thats what i did. i was in the same screen, it was never read by odin until i did exactly that.

My device is read by Odin and it flashes things. Once I flash a working rom though, it bootloops and I have no recovery to wipe data. I've never been able to get the repartition function to work

And the error I keep receiving every time almost is an error about line 1876. I have no idea what this is. I Googled it and I can't find it.

Last edited:

w00ht

Dec 5, 2011
FWIW My phone would not go into download mode to save my life. I then decided to try the OE Samsung cable instead of the motorola cable I had been using and it worked right away.

Troubleshooting 101, start with the basics.

6lock

Aug 15, 2010
So I have the same problem as the OP. The only screen I boot to is mobile ! PC in Odin mode. This happened after I was rooted with my stock rom and CWM, but tried to do the OTA update from Kies.

My device is recognized by Odin utility, so I tried what the 2nd poster put and used Odin to flash the stock kernel (UVKID tar) from the PDA button and it failed. I used the default settings in Odin, but maybe I didn't set one right? I have attached a screen shot.

So now do I use Odin to flash the stock recovery? I'm working on making a USB jig in case that will help.

UPDATE: I was able to use Odin to flash the Stock Recovery. Now it boots up like normal. I would like to try the OTA update through Kies again, but I'm worried. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• stockkernel_flash_problem.jpg
    stockkernel_flash_problem.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
Kies Firmware Emergency Recovery

odin mode

(mobile)--!--(PC)

OK the somewhat hidden Firmware Recovery built into Kies is not to hard to find,

First you will need to write on a piece of paper your S/N and your Model #, the same way it is written under the battery on the sticker.

Second boot your phone into download mode and connect it to the computer.

Third open Kies, select the tools drop down menu.

Now you have a choice. Select Firmware Emergency Recovery to recover your current firmware version... or select Firmware Upgrade and Initialization to install the latest OTA, either way just fallow the steps on screen and when done your will have a working phone.

hit the thanks button if this helped :)

Top Liked Posts