[APP] Fast Dormancy Toggle

Search This thread

jonasl

Nov 13, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Since I posted my fast dormancy hack (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2018894) I've noticed two things:
  1. Many people report better battery life
  2. Some people have trouble applying it

So, I spent 20 minutes putting together an app that toggles this setting. It achieves the same thing as mentioned in the referenced thread, but should not require root (can't test that as I'm rooted). It's virtually untested, so please report issues.

Instructions:
* Install & launch
* Use buttons to enable/disable
* Reboot after changing setting

I hope this will help someone.

Source: https://github.com/jonasl/LGOG_FD_Toggle

Attachments

• LGOG_FD_Toggle.apk
    39.6 KB · Views: 11,259
Last edited:

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
I know I should Google it but...when does fast dormancy effect the phone? I am on a fringe LTE/4g area. If I am on the road its LTE most of the time. Does it effect everyone with the device?

Sent from my EVO using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Reactions: droidiac13

jonasl

Nov 13, 2009
San Francisco, CA
This FD setting only affects you when you're on HSPA networks. It doesn't affect when your phone will be on a specific network or anything like that. It doesn't change any radio setting, all it does it disable a periodic wakeup which can drain the battery.
It will not help everyone equally. The only way to know is to test with your conditions. If it doesn't help you, revert (enable) and move along.

Kiserai

May 31, 2010
Spokane, WA
You rock. I'll report after some testing to see how it works.

Thanks for making this foolproof.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

d08speed3

Jul 23, 2010
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

intercede007

Jul 20, 2008
I installed it and when I opened the app it said the status was already 'Enabled". Did I need to set it after installing, or does the install/startup do that the first time?

Murasakiii

Feb 23, 2011
Portland
It's supposed to be Disabled...
With your phone at default settings (you didn't edit it manually already), it should be Enabled.
Press 'Disabled' and restart your phone. Boys and manuals/directions..

The hack is DISABLE Fast Dormancy. So why would you Enable it? xD Just sayin.

Last edited:
Reactions: geokilla

droidiac13

Jul 19, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
This is why I haven't posted on xda for a couple of years until this week. Guess it's time to go somewhere else for good. Sigh.
What's wrong with reading the linked description?

I've been on XDA long enough to know how to do sh!t. The description states it allows you to enable or disable. I was confused. Excuse me for trying to gain an understanding.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

It's supposed to be Disabled...
With your phone at default settings (you didn't edit it manually already), it should be Enabled.
Press 'Disabled' and restart your phone. Boys and manuals/directions..

The hack is DISABLE Fast Dormancy. So why would you Enable it? xD Just sayin.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: geokilla

underdog08

Nov 13, 2012
Huge Thanks to you!!! Better battery life and Jellybean will make this phone the best out of the ones out there. :good::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I posted my fast dormancy hack (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2018894) I've noticed two things:
    1. Many people report better battery life
    2. Some people have trouble applying it

So, I spent 20 minutes putting together an app that toggles this setting. It achieves the same thing as mentioned in the referenced thread, but should not require root (can't test that as I'm rooted). It's virtually untested, so please report issues.

Instructions:
    * Install & launch
    * Use buttons to enable/disable
    * Reboot after changing setting

I hope this will help someone.

Source: https://github.com/jonasl/LGOG_FD_Toggle
    This FD setting only affects you when you're on HSPA networks. It doesn't affect when your phone will be on a specific network or anything like that. It doesn't change any radio setting, all it does it disable a periodic wakeup which can drain the battery.
    It will not help everyone equally. The only way to know is to test with your conditions. If it doesn't help you, revert (enable) and move along.
    You disable it!

THE REASON YOU INSTALL THIS TOGGLE IS TO "DISABLE" FAST DORMANCY.

That's the whole point.

DISABLE

DISABLE

DISABLE

DISABLE

I hope that's clear enough. :rolleyes:
    Shouldnt this be in Themes & Apps being this is not a kernel, rom or recovery? maybe if you stuck around for those 2 years, you would know where to post apps.

MODS PLEASE MOVE
    http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1927
    So I installed this, and it turns out it was already disabled on my phone, now my phone loses about 1% per hour, but if I start using it, it will go down 3-4% in 3 minutes of use. I've also noticed some apps are keeping the phone awake for 30 min to an hour each while the phone is not being used.

Use greenify. I can't stress enough how much it helps with battery life.

Sent from my LG-E970