[Announcement] MX Player officially gets AC-3 Audio Support

Search This thread

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app (i.e. MX Player v1.8.17 & MX Player Pro v1.8.16) in most of the regions.

If you have video files with “AC-3” audio, you can now play it without using any third-party / unofficial custom codecs…!

There are no extra efforts required on your end. Just relaunch the app again with working internet. Once, MX Player configuration is updated on your device, it will automatically start working again…!

Last edited:

zacharias.maladroit

Recognized Developer

dhruvdave

Jun 8, 2014
MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app (i.e. MX Player v1.8.17 & MX Player Pro v1.8.16) in most of the regions.

If you have video files with “AC-3” audio, you can now play it without using any third-party / unofficial custom codecs…!

There are no extra efforts required on your end. Just relaunch the app again with working internet. Once, MX Player configuration is updated on your device, it will automatically start working again…!

What about dts codec does we need it

Reactions: Vankog

salman4522

Feb 15, 2017
thanks i just use MS player... Its one of the most usable software on android phone...I just go to purchase it.

Vankog

Nov 13, 2009

I also like to know if this is the case for DTS, too. Or do we still need the custom codec?

(btw. I'm in team Chromecast as well.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

When I read that the AC-3 patent expired, MX Player is the first project that came to mind that would benefit from it. I was pretty bummed out when they forced you guys to remove support for the codec, but I'm glad that it's not longer an issue.
    MX Player team is very happy to announce that we are now adding “AC-3” audio support in our latest version of the app

Please.. PLEASE.. Pleeeeease add ChromeCast support.. :fingers-crossed:
    ChromeCast & DTS are the only 2 things that are now missing from the already mammoth great MX Player.. :victory: :highfive:
    I also like to know if this is the case for DTS, too. Or do we still need the custom codec?

(btw. I'm in team Chromecast as well.)

For DTS, you still need a custom codec as it's copyrighted.
    Thank you very much