21st June 2013, 08:43 PM |#52  
Flag Opelika, AL
Thanks Meter: 53

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aono18

my hd2 512 when i use wp7.8 it very hot may be 40⁰c

I successfully did this with a 64 gig card last night but I found myself with more questions than I had answers. Earlier in the evening I successfully flashed WP7.8 and NexusHD2 onto the card and distinctly remember EXT4 was set up with 4 gigs. I tried a couple of different combinations all resulting in both WP and Android rebooting the device over and over and over as if stuck in a loop. My goal was to create a large EXT4 partition...8 gigs and the remaining 56 gigs for everything else. It didn't dawn on me there were size limitations until I thought about my wife's HTC One which is 2GB ROM/64GB RAM and I took the time to check if there is a size limit and read that 2 gigs is the max. I didn't know if that meant 1MB or 1 megabit...the 1024 deal so I made sure when I did my last one of the evening to be less than 4096; it worked! Currently my HD2 is set up with a hair shy of 2 gigs EXT4 and 58 GB for everything else. I need to know can the EXT4 be bigger and if so by how much? The reason I'm asking is earlier in the evening when I had both WP7.8 and Nexus I had 4 gigs as that partition ext4 and it ran. So I'm wondering can it be bigger or must no matter which way I install on this card limit the EXT4 to 2GBs tops? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to berrywr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift berrywr Ad-Free
22nd June 2013, 08:55 AM |#53  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shenzen, China
Thanks Meter: 397

More
@berrywr

not really sure here but give the link below a try if you want to have a larger EXT4 + FAT32 than the WP partition.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191238
22nd June 2013, 08:25 PM |#54  
Flag Opelika, AL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mengfei

@berrywr

not really sure here but give the link below a try if you want to have a larger EXT4 + FAT32 than the WP partition.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191238

I was reading your other thread...let me see if I have this correct; you start with a smaller micro SD card, let's say a 16 gigger and you initially set it up with WP7.8 in NAND and half that card...you let WP7.8 do it's thing on the phone and the card and when all done you simply copy the contents of that card to a bigger say for example that big ol boy I have, the 64 gigger and when it's all said and done WP7.8 will still see the 8 gigs as if what's in it is the 16 gig card because you're launching WP from NAND. I get the impression the only way I can have a 4 gig EXT4 partition is this method. There's no way to set up a 4 gig EXT4 and 60 gig FAT32 and run it from SD....is there?
23rd June 2013, 04:08 AM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 196

More
HI guys.
I cant boot to nativesd. Tried 5 different ROM's it just stops at bootanim or boots and gives lots of fc's.
Help me.
24th June 2013, 04:00 AM |#56  
Flag Opelika, AL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muftiazan

HI guys.
I cant boot to nativesd. Tried 5 different ROM's it just stops at bootanim or boots and gives lots of fc's.
Help me.

Did you set MAGLDR properly?
24th June 2013, 09:05 AM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrywr

Did you set MAGLDR properly?

Yes. I tried Task29 and re-install a lot of times but nothing
28th June 2013, 10:31 AM |#58  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 11

More
DeaDear Sir,

Thanks for your guide and followed it and working WP7 and android

But my WP7 not recognizing SD card fat32 portion.

How to resolve the problem

Please advise

B'rgds/Punnoose
28th June 2013, 07:02 PM |#59  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,901

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalanickal

But my WP7 not recognizing SD card fat32 portion.

what are you using to access your fat32 from wp7? You should be able to use the explorer in wp7 root tools for example (grant root access for app in root manager). file explorer also works for me but for some reason touchexplorer shows storage card as file of 0bytes.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrywr

I was reading your other thread...let me see if I have this correct; you start with a smaller micro SD card, let's say a 16 gigger and you initially set it up with WP7.8 in NAND and half that card...you let WP7.8 do it's thing on the phone and the card and when all done you simply copy the contents of that card to a bigger say for example that big ol boy I have, the 64 gigger and when it's all said and done WP7.8 will still see the 8 gigs as if what's in it is the 16 gig card because you're launching WP from NAND. I get the impression the only way I can have a 4 gig EXT4 partition is this method. There's no way to set up a 4 gig EXT4 and 60 gig FAT32 and run it from SD....is there?

are you confusing the ext4 with your wp7 partition?
The ext4 is for nativeSD and dataonext Android installations.
I have not heard of any problems with ext4 larger than 2Gb, Unless there is no more room for fat32 stuff, which there should not be in your case.
Please can you post your partition layout (position, sizes etc) of what you have and also what you want to have. (All partitions set to primary)

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muftiazan

HI guys.
Help me.

try formatting your ext4 partition using recovery (backup first if necessary)
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robbie P Ad-Free
29th June 2013, 07:34 AM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
dual boot Windows mobile 6.5 (stock) and windows phone 7
Is it possible? I found a lot of tutorials for dual boot Winmo&android, Winphone&android, even triple boot here, but I need just Winmo&winphone, without android... Could you, guys, make an advice (kind of short-tutorial, 4-5 lines = ) what I have to do, if it possible?

P.S. sorry for bad english
29th June 2013, 08:06 AM |#61  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,901

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarkt

Is it possible? I found a lot of tutorials for dual boot Winmo&android, Winphone&android, even triple boot here, but I need just Winmo&winphone, without android... Could you, guys, make an advice (kind of short-tutorial, 4-5 lines = ) what I have to do, if it possible?

P.S. sorry for bad english

Not possible at the moment, both need to reside in NAND.
DFT may release a sd version of winmo at some point, and maybe magldr 2 so fingers crossed it will be soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robbie P Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, jelly bean, native, triple boot, windows

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)