[zip] Empty Flashable Zip Template

Search This thread

zmedhaug

Nov 3, 2012
whoo hoo i just made my first boot animation with sounds. its ac dc back in black for the boot sound and black ops 2 for the boot animation. you my friend are the man who made it possible to flash it. thanks a million

zmedhaug

Nov 3, 2012
Andy any chance you'll be getting the Nexus 6 and playing around on that?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MIKEYSAKZ

Jaws4God

May 30, 2009
North Carolina
I wanted to make a flashable media zip that would add all of my custom tones to the System/Audio/Media folder .. I tried 2 zip templates and it doesn't work. What am I missing? Is it because i'm on Android 6.0.1 ?

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some people aren't sure how to create a flash-able zip. So here is a template zip file.
    If you want to edit the updater-script (what shows up in recovery when you choose the .zip to flash. It it's in META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script, edit with notepad++, and edit in between the parentheses ui_print("Put Your Text Here");

add your .apk/.jar files to the appropriate directory within the zip.

for example, SystemUI.apk would go into system/app
    android.policy.jar would go into system/framework
    and so-on

http://d-h.st/dJm
    Some people aren't sure how to create a flash-able zip. So here is a template zip file.

add your APK files to the appropriate directory within the zip.

for example, SystemUI.apk would go into system/app
    framework-res.apk would go into system/framework
    and so-on

http://d-h.st/dJm

Awesome... I was just about to ask someone for this, so I could easily flash my inverted apps after flashing a new ROM

HAHA...I bet you thought there was gonna be something awesome here, but it's just a regular old signature

GalaxyMOD spilled ink on my MulitiWindows
    I have always wanted to be able to create my own mods and not depend on others and I think this is a great first step.

Hopefully someone can give me some guidance.

Every time I re-flash my GS3 I have the annoying (in my opinion) ringtones/alarms/notifications and annoying drip sounds throughout the ui. To remedy this I have folders that contains the sounds from the Galaxy Nexus and I move them into System/media/audio and merge them with the current files and that provides me with all of my currents tones as well as the Nexus tones that I added.

I then took the sounds (unlock/lock/touch sounds) from my Nexus 7 and I put them into System/media/audio/ui. This replaces the ones that are already there. I then have to change the permissions to rw/r/r and then restart and everything works fine.

Can I use your template and then just add in folders to have System/media/audio and then in the media folder have my current folders that I usually merge (alarms/ringtones/notifications) filled with the tones and be able to flash the zip in recovery and have all of my tones there?

Then can I add in the ui folder and add my .ogg's so that the lock/unlock/touch sounds should be the ones from the Nexus? - How will I remedy the permission change issue? Also what if I wanted to disable the camera shutter sound and others - would that be possible.

I know I am asking a lot of (possibly noobish) questions but I am new to this and really want to learn it and use it to its potential. Thanks!

yea you can put those files in their respective folders in the .zip template and flash away :)
    i don't think you need to touch permissions when u flash in recovery .zip
    You could try making a silent shutter.ogg so that your update zip would replace the current with a silent file.

<Don't ask me how I sent this>
    Here's a silent Shutter.ogg file:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53483750/Shutter.ogg

I just renamed a silent PowerOn.ogg file that I dl'd a while back. You can do the same for pretty much anything you want to silence.