[App]Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition Camera

Search This thread

sipple31

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone hacked this yet to add 'Save to SD' option? I've been searching around and haven't come up with anything yet.

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Doesn't seem to play nice with the stock TW camera. For instance, if you use the "best shot" feature on stock TW, it will hang on saving picture. You need to hit the home screen to exit the app.

I can't replicate this on a few test pics on Beans 15. I honestly don't take pics though beyond a few a week.

Anyone hacked this yet to add 'Save to SD' option? I've been searching around and haven't come up with anything yet.

Not that I know of, I doubt it will happen though.

GigaSPX

Dec 2, 2012
Installed it without hassle on my 4.1.2 MF1 running MOAR ROM. No problems so far, so thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Addiso

Jul 3, 2012
San Bernardino
Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Series
Hey @Addiso, when you said you notice no issues with the FFC and video recording, how did you get into recording mode?

Did you:

1) change from photo to video first, then switch from back to FFC camera

or

2) from the camera app choose FFC first then switch from photo to video?

Could you try both ways for me? I think I noticed that the issue is only when switching to FFC then switching to video mode starting from the camera side. Method #1 works every time but method #2, not so much. There may be slight graphical glitch when you do the second method once. Try the second method a two or three times and I think you'll replicate this.

No biggie, idk who records with the FFC regularly when the back camera is so more capable.

Edit: to clarify, method #1 causes no issues but method #2 causes freezing.
Oh dang, my bad i just seen this post and mention, I sually stay on tapatalk lol.
Anyways yes method 1 seems to work and I get a graphic glitch doing method 2. Thanks for the input!

Reactions: SlimSnoopOS

damnyouwaffles

Sep 13, 2012
The camera freezes after taking a picture and when I go back into it, I get cannot connect to camera on masta's cm10.1

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

david_hume

Jan 25, 2012
The Land of the Ninjas
The camera freezes after taking a picture and when I go back into it, I get cannot connect to camera on masta's cm10.1

This issue's been covered more than once. Look back a few pages and you'll see the issue.

Reboot your phone if your camera doesn't connect. That should fix the issue.

You have to manually focus your camera first and then snap the photo. Then it won't freeze.

sent from my GS3 from the infected army

iballen93

Oct 4, 2012
I would love to see this camera developed a bit more. Like adding a timer.

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011

While in the Camera app, Press the Settings icon, then tap it again. It's the second option from the left. There is not anoption for the Camcorder though.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373368720539.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373368720539.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,498

xdapadogx

Jul 18, 2011
was going through the pages and i didnt see see anyone reporting this issue. Does anyone have FC's on photosphere? im running CleanRom 7 and its the only option that causes closes. Saw someone else report it but he wasnt running a tw rom. Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anyone that wants to grab the Samsung Galaxy S4 camera (aosp version) that has just dropped I will post the link.
    For Tw install like any normal apk.
    For aosp uninstall stock camera first then install apk.
    Gallery is about the same as the original 4.2.2 gallery but the only difference comes within the camera as screenshots posted below.
    udybereb.jpg

gyva4e9a.jpg

aze3a5yz.jpg

Everything is working nicely with no hiccups and works with tw roms as well
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8XcczeFW1zUNzMzTGNOYUNRcGc/preview
    Alternative link:
    http://db.tt/hH6CfzVf

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

While in the Camera app, Press the Settings icon, then tap it again. It's the second option from the left. There is not anoption for the Camcorder though.
    For people who are running AOSP ROMs, you're going to have to uninstall the current camera and then install the stock Google camera for it to work.

sent from my GS3 from the infected army
    Does it overwrite the stock s3 camera?

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

No you'll just have two cameras :good:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Does this use closed source samsung drivers like the touchwize camera or is virtually the same as AOSP(outside of the slight difference in ui)??
    In other words should I expect better results with this? :confused: