[ANDROID] $500 Bounty for Android on the HP TouchPad [Update: Now $2,000]

Search This thread

lllGurulll

Mar 28, 2011
Are there any reports of the progress being made on a port yet? I have seen a couple of the youtube videos but it doesn't sound as if those files are being made available.

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Errrmmmm, while i'm all for it, but isn't it a rule on xda that NO BOUNTY threads are allowed? Again, i always thought that bounty is a decent idea, but i have seen some threads closed, because bounty was not something xda allowed.....

What crack have you been smoking?

------------------------------------------------

I think im gunna go out an buy a HP/TP I've n doubt this challenge will be answered and completed :)

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
What crack have you been smoking?

------------------------------------------------

I think im gunna go out an buy a HP/TP I've n doubt this challenge will be answered and completed :)

No drugs mate, android is better :)

On a serious note, one respected dev started a thread on sensation forums a while ago, when it was still locked, and mods closed it pretty quick saying bounty doesn't work.

hachoo

Nov 8, 2010
Kinda selfish IMO to sell it instead of sending it to developers/sponsors to help spread the Android Love.

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
No drugs mate, android is better :)

On a serious note, one respected dev started a thread on sensation forums a while ago, when it was still locked, and mods closed it pretty quick saying bounty doesn't work.

Yes I know it is. I was referring to you saying XDA wouldn't allow the bounty. I've seen many bounty's over the years and never have I seen XDA frown on them or close them!?

haksam

Mar 1, 2009
But he didn't do anything. He said in the details that it was like that out of the box.

and so i stated he deserves it for being humble.

nowhere did i say xda should pay up.

and you are right he did not do anything, he could just put it up on ebay instead like the other sook, but he decided to notify rootzwiki for help anyways.

ameer1367

Nov 21, 2008
den haag
Last edited:

JBO1018

Dec 25, 2010
It's definitely dev unit. If you look at the apps in the app drawer in the first video you will see stuff like debugging tools, Qualcomm settings, and several things like that. Plus it has a Quic (Qualcomm innovation center) splash screen.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

nicnull

Dec 3, 2009
The guy in the video has provided it to rootwiki now.

2.2.1 DUMP available on rootwiki...
rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3692&p=75347#post75347

I Am Marino

Mar 13, 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
No offense to the guy who got us the dump, but it's not a port, we're far from that still. He helped, and definitely deserves credit and a little something but not the bounty itself.

-Sent from my Droid Incredible-

hachoo

Nov 8, 2010
No offense to the guy who got us the dump, but it's not a port, we're far from that still. He helped, and definitely deserves credit and a little something but not the bounty itself.

-Sent from my Droid Incredible-

Indeed, well the terms say it needs to be a basic port (not everything has to be working) and a dump isn't a port as you said. Still a really good start though. It's better than starting from scratch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    An anonymous member of XDA has offered up $500 to anyone that gets Android working on the HP TouchPad. So, there ya have it :cool:

Update: thread opened for anyone that wants to contribute more to the bounty!

Update 2: bounty is now over $2,000. See here
    I don't like the WebOS way of organizing the launcher and the desktop, but I'm curious how easy Android will be to operate without the usual 4 buttons. Or the Back button in particular, which is normally the mostly used, at least by me. Anybody knows?

exactly, what DAVE99 said.

have you ever held a typical 10" android tablet? did it have a dedicated back button? the three models i've owned did not. honeycomb has on-screen home, back, and menu buttons in the 'taskbar' area of the screen (the bottom). If you look at cyanogenmod team's progress videos, you'll see they've approached this in the same manner.
    This whole bounty thing is ruining progress. It is making people competitive. Nobody trusts each other. It needs to end. Or make the bounty "To be donated to a charity of the Dev's choice" or something. Bounties are a surefire way to end collaboration which is something this community is supposed to be all about.

Any support out there for the charity idea and ending all the nonsense drama going on with this project?
    I have a feeling these people will have a relatively large amount of space cash when they're done with this. http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3327
    Its already been started here and there is a place to donate if needed

http://www.touch-droid.com/

They are working on a gingerbread version, then going to make CM7 for it. Then if they get time they will get honeycomb onto it, with the final project to get ICS on there.

Check out their development thread here http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3327