eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
Cool I guess this is almost out

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

zPacKRat

May 31, 2008
SoCal
Google Pixel 6
I don't think we will see a release of JuopunutBear until AFTER ICS is released, so that they can make it compatible with that hboot as well... so everyone should either sit tight, or get a new device if they are too impatient... seriously...

You want s-off before updating hboot, just in case HTC figured out the exploit. S-off should stick post update.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

a.benjamin76

Jun 5, 2011
Is the only main difference between S-off and root with bootloader unlocked just the fact that s-off can flash radios as well? Can you over/underlock with either s-off or root with boot unlocked? i know you can remove bloatware with just the root and s-off but my deciding factor is wether i can over/underclock. the radios arent that big an issue to me. Thanks guys

daswahnsinn

May 24, 2010
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 5
Using the search function would have answered this question for you. S-OFF is a protective measure to prevent a user from flashing radios or potentially bad ROMs/.zips that could brick the device. S-OFF has nothing to due with under/overclocking a device, never has actually. Root/sudo/su allows you to do these and many other functions, I suggest you search those two terms and read as much as you can before you brick your device. The search function/bars are in the upper right hand corners and google(74.125.224.243;74.125.228.100 just to name a few) to find even more.

Reactions: a.benjamin76

a.benjamin76

Jun 5, 2011
Using the search function would have answered this question for you. S-OFF is a protective measure to prevent a user from flashing radios or potentially bad ROMs/.zips that could brick the device. S-OFF has nothing to due with under/overclocking a device, never has actually. Root/sudo/su allows you to do these and many other functions, I suggest you search those two terms and read as much as you can before you brick your device. The search function/bars are in the upper right hand corners and google(74.125.224.243;74.125.228.100 just to name a few) to find even more.

i searched for for a couple hours last night and on google, i just didnt go through all 53 pages of the thread. ive killed an hd2 and brought it back to life and done everything in between to it. ****, done all that to a bionic too. so i have been finding as much as i can about this new device before i do work on it. been researching since i got this phone 2 weeks ago thank you very much.

TheCrow1372

Mar 2, 2011
In a Dark Place
Sorry for stupid questions ahead of time:eek: cuz I'm new to HTC again went to Samsung for awhile, I had the Incredible S for 2-3yrs but a but rusty now plus it's a bit different now so can my Amaze 4G/ICS-4.0.3 all factory be S-OFF'd now and do I need to root first also which methods are the best for rooting and s-off just don't want any mistakes cuz this is my daily driver?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC Ruby using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

this is a development & collection Thread. The PH85IMG.ZIP files can be flashed through SD-CARD in HBoot Mode. This works only for S-OFF users. If you don't have S-OFF you cannot use the files. There is no way to get S-OFF on a normal S-ON phone now.

If you want to help, check if you have S-ON or S-OFF. Turn off the phone, reboot with the volume button held down, and check at the top of the white screen if it says "SHIP S-ON", "SHIP S-OFF" or "ENG S-OFF". S-ON is stock and not helpful, SHIP S-OFF could be useful, the really helpful ones are ENG S-OFF. Please don't post asking if you can help if you have S-ON.

HOW TO DUMP YOUR HBOOT (please remember this is only interesting if you already have S-OFF)

1. Download ADB: http://www.mediafire.com/?5d0v316g9bg97
    2. Extract the contents of the zip to C:\
    3. Run the commands below:
    Code:
    cd c:\adb
    adb shell
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/hboot.img
    Note: If your device is not detected, download and install HTC Sync.
    4. Connect your phone in USB Mode, copy the hboot.img file from your SD card and upload it to Multiupload.

How To Flash Eng Hboot:
    1. Comming soon

imag0586d.jpg

imag0582c.jpg

Credits:
    - Da9b16
    - anonymous user
    - CrackEyes

Hall of Fame: Thanks Everyone so much goes to future Development devices
    - ikm19 100$
    - James Jenkins 20$
    - Steven Ziebarth 70$
    - Camron Kitching 10$
    - Terrence Taylor 10$
    - Dale Thompson 10$

[/FONT]
    If they start making them harder to unlock and give developers a hard time I think it will cost them greatly. We are the ones that go out and buy there new phones and support them. The development for the HTC devices and the modding is why I buy them. I have spent a small fortune and now have the amaze and can't get past the security.

I agree. This is probably going to be my last HTC device unless they change here pretty soon. I paid good money for this device so if I want to use an Anker battery, make hardware adjustments to dim my screen bleeding problem, use a custom firmware, whatever it's MY choice to make. If I break it then that's my own fault. HTC has no right to tell me what I can and cannot do with my property. After my 30 day return period is over then it's officially mine to do with whatever I please. I understand the warranty issue but I would gladly waive it to make it 100% mine. Since it's not 100% mine then why did I pay 100% of the price for it? They refuse to allow me to modify my property so I can only assume that they still think that it's theirs. So in that case, can I return it and get a 100% refund since it was never fully my own property? Yeah HTC is only screwing themselves with this.
    So binary why doesn't revolutionary want to help?

Nobody said we don't want to help, but we have no Amaze.

Perhaps we should ask again? And for a reason as well

Next to "being willing to help", exploit finding isn't exactly an exact science, you know.

Go forth and annoy.

Xboarder tried talking to them.
    I offered to send my own phone to them.

Nobody seems to care... so go ahead and try.

"tried talking to them" ? You mean the 3 line IRC chat conversation I had with him, about him having an assorted collection of hboots for Amaze? Right.

I have mentioned this before:

Apparently the consensus seems to be that we 'dont care'.

Allow me to set some things straight:

1. Exploit finding is not an exact science. A new device means a new exploit. This takes time, and mostly, research.

2. You say 'you dont care' like we owe something to the community? We help in the best way that we can. You can't exactly say we haven't already given a hell of a lot to the community as-is. You make it sound like we leech off the community, or something.

3. No device means that it is extra hard to even develop. Remote access will only get you so far. Especially when you need to be extremely careful not to break it.
    Oh no.. I'm just started electrical engineering. I am just pointing out clues so someone with much better experience with androids can read what i found, and be that much closer to getting S-off... I'm just testing methods other people used and pray it doesn't brick....
    I'm trying to find out what each partition is, and I'm like 80% done