[Q] [Help] My phone fell in water

Search This thread

louayd

Feb 19, 2011
Hello all, yesterday I dropped my phone in the toilet and now the three buttons(options, home, back) aren't working anymore is there anyway of fixing it or is it over? thnx

scubadude

Feb 6, 2012
Cape Town
urchindesign.co.za
Someone mentioned covering it in a bowl of uncooked rice for several hours. this will help to dry out the phone although dropping it in the toilet may be the end of it...

Last edited:

SeeZaar

May 20, 2011
Memphis
separated the phone and put it in a warm place to dry, let stand at least two days... press thanks button if I helped... :D

beardedwonder

Oct 11, 2010
Take the phone apart as much as possible and leave it in a bowl of uncooked rice for 2-3 days.

You should do this pretty much immediately and under no circumstances should you turn it on!

Using a vacuum cleaner to get as much water out as possible before putting it in rice is also a food idea.

NB. Getting the phone too hot could cause the water to turn into vapour and get deposited on other internal parts of your phone.

wagny1

Jun 5, 2010
Lima, Perú
Next time when you dropped any electronic device into the water Do not turn on,
1.-Remove the battery immediately
2.-Remove micro sd card and sim card
3.-Try to remove the spills of water from the device with any blower machine (if its possible open it gonna be better)
4.-Leave it at least for 3 days (for a better result) inside of amount of dry rice (not cooked)
Good luck