[App] Meta Widget - Create widgets from website snippets - Now with Widget Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
I'll leave a 5* review on Play tomorrow. I've got to dash now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Reactions: ftgg99

rr3636

Jun 26, 2010
Meta widget: trying to make a widget that displays a HTML table. Does not work. Seems to just display the text. I've tried to use the option to not strip HTML, but doesn't change anything.

Widget maker: I bought key and installed, but got an error saying "application allready exisists"

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
I'll leave a 5* review on Play tomorrow. I've got to dash now.

:)

Oh, nice ftg! I'll try it tomorrow and make a video tutorial too. Thanks for this, awesome! :p

:)

Meta widget: trying to make a widget that displays a HTML table. Does not work. Seems to just display the text. I've tried to use the option to not strip HTML, but doesn't change anything.

Widget maker: I bought key and installed, but got an error saying "application allready exisists"

A - search the thread this has already been covered.
B - dont know what that is.

rr3636

Jun 26, 2010
A - search the thread this has already been covered.
B - dont know what that is.

I have read it all. I think my situation is different. I have an table enclosed in tags, and in Meta widget I can select the whole table this way. Not just one cell as other posters. But with or without the option to strip HTML, it seems like it strips the HTML table tags anyway. So maybe option to strip HTML is not working properly? I.e not selected it should not strip the HTML. Hers the URL I use: http://users5.nofeehost.com/rr3636/rr72.asp

About the error on widget maker: I first installed key, then main app. All ok. The started create a widget, and it was during that I got the error message.

GunnarKarlsson

Aug 15, 2008
Hi again
It worked quite well in the first versions of meta widget. Then it stopped working. Have you changed anything about how you store urls. Looks like not the while url is used when asking for the page content.

//Gunnar

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Hi again
It worked quite well in the first versions of meta widget. Then it stopped working. Have you changed anything about how you store urls. Looks like not the while url is used when asking for the page content.

//Gunnar

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Eh? Stored where? You mean the urls in the autocomplete? they are cashed out of the system and we have not changed anything.

GunnarKarlsson

Aug 15, 2008
Eh? Stored where? You mean the urls in the autocomplete? they are cashed out of the system and we have not changed anything.

Sorry about that, Must learn how to quote so that you know what you are following up on.
I mean the url that gets used when pressing the button to start selecting elements in a webpage to create the widget out of.
Since the exception I then get from the aspx page seems to point to that the input it is expecting is not there.
The few times when the page in question renders and I create a widget I get a red exclamation mark in the widget.
url in question
http://www5.trafikverket.se/taginfo...aspx?JF=-1&station=74,Sub&arrivals=0&nostat=1

//Gunnar

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
That's not anything else... that's more of the same.

That webpage isn't compatible unfortunately.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks guys. I always wait for a critical mass and if i continue asking for more to report despite having some reports already that doesnt mean im ignoring others.

Reactions: GunnarKarlsson

rr3636

Jun 26, 2010
Widget maker:
Bug: Naming a panel is ignored. Is listed as only ”panel #” after creation.
Wish: auto size of image (using meta widget). I have an cartoon image that changes daily, and on sundays its bigger. I'd like a size to be 100%, so that on sundays the widget (inside widget maker) grows in size.
Wish: snap to grid/other widget. In combination with the auto size above, the other widgets would automatically change position to snap to border of other widgets in widget maker

Meta widget:
Bug/wish: make table work. Not just one cell as now
Bug: option strip html doesn't doesn't seem to work. I.e. if I don't want to strip html. Again, might be of the unsupported table function. In my post above I captured the whole table (not just a cell like everyone else) by using DIV tags, but html for table is removed with and without this option used. And yes, I'm repeating this as it seems its ignored based on table and overlooked on the strip html option. Have dev tried my link above? (and actually seen that the whole table is captured??)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I have read it all. I think my situation is different. I have an table enclosed in tags, and in Meta widget I can select the whole table this way. Not just one cell as other posters. But with or without the option to strip HTML, it seems like it strips the HTML table tags anyway. So maybe option to strip HTML is not working properly? I.e not selected it should not strip the HTML. Hers the URL I use: http://users5.nofeehost.com/rr3636/rr72.asp

About the error on widget maker: I first installed key, then main app. All ok. The started create a widget, and it was during that I got the error message.

You cant select a whole table. It only looks like you are selecting it, in fact you cant select more than a row or column.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Widget maker:
Bug: Naming a panel is ignored. Is listed as only ”panel #” after creation.
Wish: auto size of image (using meta widget). I have an cartoon image that changes daily, and on sundays its bigger. I'd like a size to be 100%, so that on sundays the widget (inside widget maker) grows in size.
Wish: snap to grid/other widget. In combination with the auto size above, the other widgets would automatically change position to snap to border of other widgets in widget maker

Meta widget:
Bug/wish: make table work. Not just one cell as now
Bug: option strip html doesn't doesn't seem to work. I.e. if I don't want to strip html. Again, might be of the unsupported table function. In my post above I captured the whole table (not just a cell like everyone else) by using DIV tags, but html for table is removed with and without this option used. And yes, I'm repeating this as it seems its ignored based on table and overlooked on the strip html option. Have dev tried my link above? (and actually seen that the whole table is captured??)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

Regarding tables. This will never work. Its just not possible. Anyone who tells you otherwise is talking out of his arse.

Anyway... thanks for the heards up re the panel names, this will be fixed.

Regarding the snap to edges and always full size images - good ideas, evenmtually we might do something like that. For now i suggest you simp[ly use the "stretch image" option and make the strip larger.

rr3636

Jun 26, 2010
You cant select a whole table. It only looks like you are selecting it, in fact you cant select more than a row or column.

On the URL above I can indeed select the whole table since its enclosed in an DIV tag. The whole table content also is displayed in the output. But not in an structure like an table.

What about the option for stripping HTML. Does it work? Can't see that anything changes with or without it.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
On the URL above I can indeed select the whole table since its enclosed in an DIV tag. The whole table content also is displayed in the output. But not in an structure like an table.

What about the option for stripping HTML. Does it work? Can't see that anything changes with or without it.

As i said, the actual selection is not of the whole table. At its root you are not able to take this info from html.

As far as i can tell stripping is working fine. Ive tried on a number of sites. Where is this table you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    META WIDGET

Meta is a unique app that can turn virtually any online content into dynamic, interactive widgets.

Simply browse to a website, pick a column of text, link or image and enjoy this information right on your home screen!

Why is this cool you ask? Because almost anything can be parsed out of a website - images, blogrolls, RSS feeds or entire windows.

Any widget created through Meta can be customized and automatically updated, or updated on user interaction.

Features

★ Create widgets from almost any website element
    ★ Parse graphs and images
    ★ Extract statistics and information from authorized sites
    ★ Configure widgets (background, alignment, etc.)
    ★ Automatic updates
    ★ User defined click actions
    ★ Lots of other cool stuff

Status

The app is currently quite stable, but we still prefer to call it a beta. So please, do write to us with suggestions or bug reports!

Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.metawidget

The free app has everything but automatic updates. Please buy the Key - that would help us a lot :)

Screens

Widget Maker

We also make a companion app called Widget Maker. It allows you to staple together many widgets, including Meta Widgets:

XDA: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688088

Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.widgets

Screens:

Could this explain the errors I have been starting to get when trying to make a widget from:
    http://www5.trafikverket.se/taginfo...aspx?JF=-1&station=74,Sub&arrivals=0&nostat=1
    It renders OK but when I press the button to select text I get an exception in the page that the input string was not in a correct format

Thanks, and good work otherwise.
    I have laughed allot when reading your answers to "bad" customers. I hope I will not be on the ignore list too. :)

//Gunnar

I will have a look later, but most likely my previous post applies. Even people familiar with css wont be able to make it work... ill get back to you.

Arrr widget creator is ready just waiting for some gfx from our designer and it will be out.

Ill keep you all updated.
    Thanks for all of your hard work. This app is amazing.

I would love to see an import/export option though. Or, alternately (if possible), the ability to use multiple elements in the same widget (i.e. create one widget with the xda logo above the site news).

Next week we will release a proper widget constructor, which will give Meta owners new powers :)
    So, as i said, i've made a simple quick video to show how the app works. Didn't used voice or text because i've used cursor to indicate my actions. I used a fast and simple currency webpage, showing the value of EUR and USD directly on my homescreen with a simple click update.

Meta Widget Tutorial for Android

Enjoy! :)
    Hi! Just maked clean XDA theme for my tablet :)

3de8a959b5f5ec8598ad5ba0d45cb976.png