[Q] Did you pre-order a surface RT ? (question)

Search This thread

guitar1969

Feb 1, 2012
I wanted to pre-order it so much but i will look for other devices. It is not possible that this Surface is missing GPS, NFC and it has just 5pt multitouch...

Not so much a big deal on the 5pt multipoint, as they are clearly pushing the touch cover option for input as the main focus.

It will be interesting but I am betting it will do well in the long run . . .

killall

Nov 2, 2010
Alba
Google Pixel 7
Pre-ordered Surface RT.

Having used an iPad for a while now, all I want a tablet for is media consumption, emails and the like. Anything I would need the Pro for, I will do on my laptop/PC.

wrexus

Jun 20, 2011
I don't think Blue Stacks will work on Win RT. When they say it works Windows 8, they are referring to the full operating system(Like Win 7) - or at least that is what their site implies.. It does not appear it will be for ARM based processors at least in the near future.

This is some of the confusion Microsoft is creating with their naming system for Win 8 - Win RT is not full blown Win 8 even though they seem to use the terms interchangeably. I read an article talking about how it is believed that many Surface RT preorderers do not understand that they will not be able to run full apps on the Surface RT, but just want to get the latest and greatest.

It looks like bluestacks WILL support Windows 8 on ARM.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

will25u

Dec 3, 2011
I pre–ordered a 32gb without cover on the first day. I was going to wait on the pro but realized its going to be priced near 1000 and I already have a i7 laptop so I don't need a pro at this moment maybe wait until my laptop is outdated which would be at least a year and by then the surface pro 2 would likely be out depending how successful the first one is.

Now I need to decide which cover I like. type or touch? Which color? I need to go to the Microsoft store to try it out.

What cover are you guys getting?

Valerianus

Feb 3, 2011
I plan to line up on Friday morning to pick up a 32GB Surface + Type Cover. Including taxes, my total looks like $668.30. I also talked with the employees at my local store, they are not doing discounts of any kind for the Surface, at least, not for the initial production run.

nuprotocol

Jan 27, 2007
I plan to line up on Friday morning to pick up a 32GB Surface + Type Cover. Including taxes, my total looks like $668.30. I also talked with the employees at my local store, they are not doing discounts of any kind for the Surface, at least, not for the initial production run.

Did you get the reservation slip?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jeux_1

Jan 24, 2005
Belfast
Just pre ordered after struggling with the website for 2 hrs. 32gb with touch cover
it shows Pre-Order 02/11/2012 for the UK
I guess I missed the windows for the 26th :)

guitar1969

Feb 1, 2012
I got the tracking information on my pre-order being shipped an hour or so ago. It was shipped directly from SUZHOU, CN yesterday and is scheduled to arrive at my home by 10:30 AM tomorrow. How cool is that? :D

Bye. :cool:

Well the Microsoft store leaves much to be desired in communication and real time info. I ordered my 64gb with touch cover on Oct 18th and received confirmation it will be received by 10/26 but it has sat there continually "in process" - not shipped. I have been monitoring my account and called them today to find out what's the status, at 4pm PST mind you, and they said it is scheduled to be received by me at 10:30 am on 10/26. I reminded the rep that that is tomorrow morning, but they didn't seem to have an issue and said I would get a shipping confirmation in the next 24-48 hours - I reminded them that it would be after it would actually be received.

Maybe an MS Employee is going to hand deliver it to me, or their shipping info is not really updated.

Hopefully it shows up as I will be pissed if not, as I have an MS store close by that I could have gone to if not, but thought online would be more efficient.

Digital Man

Jul 21, 2007
New York
I got mine from a MS store - had a reservation - showed up at 10 AM and was put FIRST on line - then was let in 2 minutes later - I interpret that to mean no one else bothered to reserve.

Behind me however there were about 30 people who wanted to buy but had no reservations.

All in all not exactly a stellar turnout.

ohgood

Aug 8, 2009
Birmingham
I got mine from a MS store - had a reservation - showed up at 10 AM and was put FIRST on line - then was let in 2 minutes later - I interpret that to mean no one else bothered to reserve.

Behind me however there were about 30 people who wanted to buy but had no reservations.

All in all not exactly a stellar turnout.

Which store ?

Digital Man

Jul 21, 2007
New York
There's a mall based store in Nassau county Long Island NY. Never even new it existed. Its a rather nice store to wander around for any tech aficionado.

They had the Surface on display, as well as the Samsung Slate 7 (the Windows 7 version) but with Windows 8 running on it.

Wow is that impressive. Fast, responsive and running full Windows - in addition it did not feel much thicker or heavier than an ARM tablet - I'm still tempted even now to return the Surface and buy a Samsung Slate 7 and just install Windows 8 on it.

But if I wait, I believe they are releasing a windows 8 version eventually that has a keyboard and stylus included. The windows 7 version I think has keyboard optional and no stylus.

What made me laugh, is that there was a sign on an empty store front just a short way down the mall on the opposite side practically facing the Microsoft store - it says: Apple store coming soon. Wonder who's idea that was.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why the **** does Microsoft US refuse to ship to Netherlands. And why the **** can't I order from the Dutch shop? We live in a global economy, for crying out loud!

So I'm not ordering anything unless someone has an idea on how to do that.
    Why the **** do you guys get to smoke pot and hunt sluts legally and we can't in the States? I guess this makes us even.
    I so can't wait, I printed out the front of the tablet and the keyboard (at 100% scale) and taped them together where they hinge so I can get an idea of size and scale and practice on the keyboard :D
    >I have an MS store close by that I could have gone to if not, but thought online would be more efficient.

MS is trying to get bodies to line-up for its Surface launch. First 100 peeps for each store get a free $100 Xbox Music pass.

http://www.geekwire.com/2012/line-surface-microsoft-stores-offer-100-music-pass/