[ROM][ICS]MEGAMAX™ A90S / A90 V1[Custom ROM for MICROMAX A90S / A90][11-02-2013]

Search This thread

shahulakthar

Nov 28, 2012
chennai
Shahul proudly presents you modded custom rom for micromax a90s and micromax a90.

60percent.png

FEATURES
all Bloats Removed
Pre-Rooted
Init.d Support
Zipalingned
Deodexed
Super user added
LMT for navigation( soft keys at the bottom removed)
Power options added ( reboot, recovery, power off....)
Latest SONY MEDIA apps
Sony walkman music
Sony album
Sony movies
Bravia Engine 2 for media apps
Miui type File Explorer(root access/user friendly)
Miui sound recorder with mp3 support
Torch and note app
Battery 1% mod added
Rose Mery font from Galaxy Note 2
Xperia Z Home Launcher (Modded to reduce lags)
All new Build.prop tweaks added

Addon Features:
Android 4.2 Keyboard
JeallyBean Google Now
GAPP with GTALK Video/Audio Calling

Note: Do this at your own risk
Procedure to flash in CWM
Wipe cache
Wipe data
Advanced/wipe delvik cache
Mount/format system
Install Zip from sd card
Reboot

After that Boot logo appears wait 2 minutes, it will take more time for first boot for deodexed Rom.

To activate LMT.
open app drawer
open LMT and select start services
Also select Autostart and enable it.

Credits
DsiXDA for Android kitchen,yuwang for guide me
Thilanc for Xperia z Launcher Mod
Rizal for Sony Media App Mod
Apoonet for Miui Mods
noname81 for LMT

Feedbacks
I re-installed it and done everything as given procedure and now its working fine , it maybe some problem in flashing before i installed.
Thanks YOU. IT's really a nice rom.

Great Rom bro! Smooth with a lot of free Ram. This one is perhaps even better than stockonfire and zhao touch based on my testing.
It would be great if you could port JB. You could search for the phone's kernel online. The oem manufacturer of the A90s is Gionee which is a Hong kong based company. The model number is 868H.
Once again, I applaud your work! Keep the good stuff rolling in!:)
Finally I got your rom up and running in my gn 868,its the best rom ever,thanks man,you can see in my sig

Sent from my A90 using xda app-developers app
Bugs
1.When default navigation key at the bottom is active, app drawer last row icon names are not visible.FIX HERE.
2.Music player at the lockscreen is not working and no music widget.
3.In on/off toggle widget, data connection and torch are not working.
Download link for A90S Below(Dual Core)
Megamax_A90S_V1.zip - 286.56 MB
Note: For gn868h devices you need to change boot image in zip with your stock ROM boot image and then you have to flash.
Download link for A90 Below(single core)
Megamax_A90_V1.zip - 311.45 MB
After Download u need to change value in update script.
unzip ROM zip, navigate to \META-INF\com\google\android\update script. Open it using notepad++. Search for mmcblk0p6 and replace it with mmcblk0p7. Two location u have to replace. Save it, zip it and see video for how to flash it.

Note: For gn868h devices you need to change boot image in zip with your stock ROM boot image and then you have to flash.

I Really Don't Have Anything, But You Are Free To
thanks.png
Button & Rate This Thread 5 Stars

Last edited:

shahulakthar

Nov 28, 2012
chennai
Addons, Videos and FAQ's

Addons

To install Addons go to CWM Recovery and simply do install zip from sdcard. No need to wipe anything.

1. Android 4.2 keyboard

Screenshot_2013-02-14-22-51-21.png

Download link:4.2 keyboard swipe feature

2. JeallyBean Google Now

Screenshot_2013-02-14-23-57-15.png
Screenshot_2013-02-14-23-45-32.png

Download link:Google Now
Discussion Thread and source:Here

3. GAPPS Includes GTALK with video calling

GAPPS.png

Download link:GAPPS
Note1: open downloaded zip go to system/app/ now delete gallarygoogle.apk coz we alreay have sony album so it consume more ram for gallery.
Note2: after installing gapps, Google now replaced. So after reboot again install Google now

How to Flash Megamax_A90S Custom Rom

Sorry for my language

FAQ's

1.How to activate default soft navigation keys at the bottom?
Ans: you need build prop editor. Download from play store. In the build prop editor search for qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 and change its value to 0. Reboot your device.now soft navigation appears as default.

2.Is it possible to activate LMT navigation on left side of screen?
Ans: Actually LMT can be activated to appear on all sides(except top) left, right and bottom at the same time.

To activate LMT in different direction. Open LMT scroll down and select activation area position under pie control. Now u have options for left,right and bottom pie activation.

Last edited:

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
I really surprised myself with the beautiful images. An excellent work. :good:
I also found interesting the withdrawal of the lower keys. But I have some doubts about it:
In some games these keys are required to return exactly the options. Had to put that screen back or side there another way?

Anyway, congratulations, continue with more work and you certainly have a great team to reach MMX A90s with JB.:fingers-crossed:

Reactions: shahulakthar

shahulakthar

Nov 28, 2012
chennai
Re: [rom][ics]megamax™ a90s v1[custom rom for micromax a90s][11-02-2013][new release]

I also found interesting the withdrawal of the lower keys. But I have some doubts about it:
In some games these keys are required to return exactly the options. Had to put that screen back or side there another way?

Anyway, congratulations, continue with more work and you certainly have a great team to reach MMX A90s with JB.:fingers-crossed:

Thank u. I love to use LMT instead of soft keys at the bottom. There are so many settings in lmt( pie keys, gesture recognition, tasker ......)

I am using LMT more than a week. Initially it was difficult to use. Coz we always look for soft keys at the bottom. after few days I used to it with thumb on the right edge of the screen.
Still u want soft navigation key at the bottom. U can activate it.

To activate download any build prop editor from play store and search qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 change its value to 0.

That's it.:)

Sent from my A90S using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

naruto100

Dec 9, 2012
Thank u. I love to use LMT instead of soft keys at the bottom. There are so many settings in lmt( pie keys, gesture recognition, tasker ......)

I am using LMT more than a week. Initially it was difficult to use. Coz we always look for soft keys at the bottom. after few days I used to it with thumb on the right edge of the screen.

To activate download any build prop editor from play store and search qemo.hw.mainkeys=1 change its value to 0.

I have used LMT too, and yes it is great alternative of those soft keys.. in fact best one.. In starting we my feel little uncomfortable, but it is surely good one, and later on we will be addicted.

Thanks for lovely rom:good:

Reactions: shahulakthar

Shivam Bhalla

Jan 12, 2013
Weldone !! I installed your custom rom and everything has gone good,But whenever i tap to type anything no keyboard is there. Plz help.

shahulakthar

Nov 28, 2012
chennai
Re: [rom][ics]megamax™ a90s v1[custom rom for micromax a90s][11-02-2013][new release]

Weldone !! I installed your custom rom and everything has gone good,But whenever i tap to type anything no keyboard is there. Plz help.

I don't know why u got that problem. May be the procedure to flash in cwm u made some mistake. I am not sure about ur problem which r the application u don't have access to keyboard.

Reactions: thivakaran.p

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com

To activate download any build prop editor from play store and search qemo.hw.mainkeys=1 change its value to 0.

shahulakthar
Thanks for the tip (build.prop). First, I always try to fit in, then choose the options.

Hello guys, when you try my custom rom. Please give ur feedback that will help me to improve its features.

Testing here, and in a few days, surely feedback for you.

YanOri

Feb 6, 2011
Mangalore
Installed CWM just nw, to test this rom. I'll be back with my feedback / help reply soon.
Thanks for the effort buddy :)

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
Hello guys, when you try my custom rom. Please give ur feedback that will help me to improve its features.

I did all the procedures you asked (Procedure to flash in CWM). And unfortunately it does not start.:( Do not know if I did something in particular, but when I restore, it has informed that the internal sdcard is damaged, then you have to format it.:confused: I know you changed something about it at the beginning of the forum MMX A90s, but I do not know if that was inserted into your ROM.
I know it may be different on some issues, but the Custom Rom of the King Ace after the changes have worked on my phone. I'm not wanting to change your ROM, if to everyone who has MMX A90s are being installed correctly.:) I'm just trying to give a feedback of my experience in the installation of your ROM. I'm sad because I wanted to see and feel the use of LMT and all the interesting options that you placed.
Regards.

shahulakthar

Nov 28, 2012
chennai
I did all the procedures you asked (Procedure to flash in CWM). And unfortunately it does not start.:( Do not know if I did something in particular, but when I restore, it has informed that the internal sdcard is damaged, then you have to format it.:confused: I know you changed something about it at the beginning of the forum MMX A90s, but I do not know if that was inserted into your ROM.
I know it may be different on some issues, but the Custom Rom of the King Ace after the changes have worked on my phone. I'm not wanting to change your ROM, if to everyone who has MMX A90s are being installed correctly.:) I'm just trying to give a feedback of my experience in the installation of your ROM. I'm sad because I wanted to see and feel the use of LMT and all the interesting options that you placed.
Regards.

lopestom i flashed this rom for more than 6 times without any bootloop. i am here to help you. how u got that message. sometimes people select format emmc instead of format system accidentally. i am damn sure my custom rom is bug free till now.
one more thing when flashing Rom by default it wipe all data.

now i will upload video tutorial on how to flash my rom.

lopestom you r using Blu mobile. it may conflict i can't assure you. king Ace rom don't have boot animation. so that may not conflict ur device.

warning: This Rom is only meant for Micromax A90s devices. Not meant for Blu vivo mobiles. Please don't give negative feedback coz u try with blu vivo mobile.

Last edited:
Reactions: thivakaran.p

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
lopestom i flashed this rom for more than 6 times without any bootloop. i am here to help you. how u got that message. sometimes people select format emmc instead of format system accidentally. i am damn sure my custom rom is bug free till now.
one more thing when flashing Rom by default it wipe all data.

now i will upload video tutorial on how to flash my rom.

lopestom you r using Blu mobile. it may conflict i can't assure you. king Ace rom don't have boot animation. so that may not conflict ur device.

warning: This Rom is only meant for Micromax A90s devices. Not meant for Blu vivo mobiles. Please don't give negative feedback coz u try with blu vivo mobile.

Do not worry, I understand the risks to install a different ROM. It is only my responsibility.:good:
Absolutely NO desire to see my feedack as negative. I feel like an intruder in the team MMX A90s, and yet some people here MMX has been very kind and patient with me. I'm always grateful for that.:eek:
Yes, your tip about the boot animation probably gives the BLU VIVO conflict, because I tried to install some bootanimations with the correct resolution, but only a few have started correctly.:)
Please do not see what I write as negative! And yes as a review of experience. So I say goodbye.

I'm sure your work is beautiful, and the results will bring good returns, I believe it! ........................ ;) :laugh:

Shivam Bhalla

Jan 12, 2013
I don't know why u got that problem. May be the procedure to flash in cwm u made some mistake. I am not sure about ur problem which r the application u don't have access to keyboard.

I re-installed it and done everything as given procedure and now its working fine , it maybe some problem in flashing before i installed.

hotbaggy

Feb 11, 2013
successfuly flashed megamax

YaY... I flashed the ROM yesterday and I'm very impressed with the new look of my phone now. Thanks a lot Shahul for the awesome ROM. But there are a few bugs (very minor) i would like to report. Don't know if they are in my phone only or in everybody else's. So here we go....

1) Data traffic button from the tools widget doesn't do anything. I have to go to the pull down thing and switch the data traffic ON/OFF from there.

2) When i tap on the 'back light' button, it says "unfortunately, tools has stopped".

and there are few others, I don't know how to tell them in text, will upload with pictures.

And Shahul, please don't get me wrong for this or pls don't think I'm whining. Its with these little feedbacks only a better and bug free s/w can be created.

And again, its an awesome ROM and i'm loving it. Thanks for creating it. Cheers. :)

EDIT: and there seems to be a problem with album. When swiping images, after 5 or 6 images, it gets struck, it doesn't go to next image or previous image. Is it happening with only my phone or ...???

Last edited:

Preet917

Dec 11, 2012

Great Rom bro! Smooth with a lot of free Ram. This one is perhaps even better than stockonfire and zhao touch based on my testing.
It would be great if you could port JB. You could search for the phone's kernel online. The oem manufacturer of the A90s is Gionee which is a Hong kong based company. The model number is 868H.

Sent from my A90S using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shahul proudly presents you modded custom rom for micromax a90s and micromax a90.

60percent.png

FEATURES
    all Bloats Removed
    Pre-Rooted
    Init.d Support
    Zipalingned
    Deodexed
    Super user added
    LMT for navigation( soft keys at the bottom removed)
    Power options added ( reboot, recovery, power off....)
    Latest SONY MEDIA apps
    Sony walkman music
    Sony album
    Sony movies
    Bravia Engine 2 for media apps
    Miui type File Explorer(root access/user friendly)
    Miui sound recorder with mp3 support
    Torch and note app
    Battery 1% mod added
    Rose Mery font from Galaxy Note 2
    Xperia Z Home Launcher (Modded to reduce lags)
    All new Build.prop tweaks added

Addon Features:
    Android 4.2 Keyboard
    JeallyBean Google Now
    GAPP with GTALK Video/Audio Calling

Note: Do this at your own risk
    Procedure to flash in CWM
    Wipe cache
    Wipe data
    Advanced/wipe delvik cache
    Mount/format system
    Install Zip from sd card
    Reboot

After that Boot logo appears wait 2 minutes, it will take more time for first boot for deodexed Rom.

To activate LMT.
    open app drawer
    open LMT and select start services
    Also select Autostart and enable it.

Credits
    DsiXDA for Android kitchen,yuwang for guide me
    Thilanc for Xperia z Launcher Mod
    Rizal for Sony Media App Mod
    Apoonet for Miui Mods
    noname81 for LMT

Feedbacks

Finally I got your rom up and running in my gn 868,its the best rom ever,thanks man,you can see in my sig

Sent from my A90 using xda app-developers app
    Bugs
    1.When default navigation key at the bottom is active, app drawer last row icon names are not visible.FIX HERE.
    2.Music player at the lockscreen is not working and no music widget.
    3.In on/off toggle widget, data connection and torch are not working.
    Download link for A90S Below(Dual Core)
    Megamax_A90S_V1.zip - 286.56 MB
    Download link for A90 Below(single core)
    Megamax_A90_V1.zip - 311.45 MB
    After Download u need to change value in update script.
    unzip ROM zip, navigate to \META-INF\com\google\android\update script. Open it using notepad++. Search for mmcblk0p6 and replace it with mmcblk0p7. Two location u have to replace. Save it, zip it and see video for how to flash it.

I Really Don't Have Anything, But You Are Free To
    thanks.png
    Button & Rate This Thread 5 Stars

Screenshots

Screenshot_2013-02-11-23-44-55.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-20-51-40.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-23-36-52.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-23-37-02.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-16-47.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-20-32.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-21-16.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-22-10.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-23-00.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-25-29.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-26-31.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-44-54.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-45-44.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-46-27.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-51-20.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-51-54.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-14-40-01.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-22-02-56.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-22-05-27.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-06-10-41-00.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-13-09-55-12.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-13-23-15-48.png

Ok what's next? Thanks button :)
    Addons, Videos and FAQ's

Addons

To install Addons go to CWM Recovery and simply do install zip from sdcard. No need to wipe anything.

1. Android 4.2 keyboard

Screenshot_2013-02-14-22-51-21.png

Download link:4.2 keyboard swipe feature

2. JeallyBean Google Now

Screenshot_2013-02-14-23-57-15.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-14-23-45-32.png

Download link:Google Now
    Discussion Thread and source:Here

3. GAPPS Includes GTALK with video calling

GAPPS.png

Download link:GAPPS
    Note1: open downloaded zip go to system/app/ now delete gallarygoogle.apk coz we alreay have sony album so it consume more ram for gallery.
    Note2: after installing gapps, Google now replaced. So after reboot again install Google now

How to Flash Megamax_A90S Custom Rom

Sorry for my language

FAQ's

1.How to activate default soft navigation keys at the bottom?
    Ans: you need build prop editor. Download from play store. In the build prop editor search for qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 and change its value to 0. Reboot your device.now soft navigation appears as default.

2.Is it possible to activate LMT navigation on left side of screen?
    Ans: Actually LMT can be activated to appear on all sides(except top) left, right and bottom at the same time.

To activate LMT in different direction. Open LMT scroll down and select activation area position under pie control. Now u have options for left,right and bottom pie activation.

To activate download any build prop editor from play store and search qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 change its value to 0.

Guys definitely I will update both A90 and A90s Megamax ROM with Aroma installer.
    I already did for A110. Now i am working on few bugs in that. Once i got stable vesion i will make it for you all.