Playing music in car?

Search This thread

kash1f

Apr 21, 2012
In my bmw, I have a cable that I used to plug my iPhone in and was able to charge/play my music thru the interface. Since I switched over to SGS2 (love it btw), I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement for this cable. Is there anything like this for the SGS2, or am I out of luck?

Thanks

papigrande4378

Jan 9, 2012
Baltimore
In my bmw, I have a cable that I used to plug my iPhone in and was able to charge/play my music thru the interface. Since I switched over to SGS2 (love it btw), I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement for this cable. Is there anything like this for the SGS2, or am I out of luck?

Thanks

I use the car dock that is made for the phone by Samsung.

Reactions: kash1f
Best Solution:
Get a new car. My 2010 Mazda M3 has Bluetooth in it so all I had to do is buy a new car charger and connected it to Bluetooth. That's for your best experience though. :)

Less than the best solution:
Buy a Samsung Car dock, hope you have an AUX port or get an FM transmitter! It's a lot of work to have this done right, clean and everything. But it works! You can find most of the parts on amazon for really cheap. But i hope your car stereo has an Aux port or Bluetooth cuz if not you are kinda gonna be screwed into buying a new one. I don't know of any that support connecting through usb on any other phone than the iPhone or a standard flash drive with just MP3s on it.

Reactions: kash1f

kash1f

Apr 21, 2012
Yea, my car has an AUX port, so I will just go buy the dock. Thanks for all your help

MaxRabbit

Oct 21, 2010
Austin
I highly recommend the Bluetooth Gateway by Motorola that turns your aux-in into an A2DP stereo like these fancy new cars.

A brief guide in the beginning of a little review I wrote here.

Takes a little DIY to get it set up out of the way, but once you do, it's a fantastic, under-$50 solution to get A2DP like the new $20k cars :)

Zuikan

Jan 20, 2013
Bt-35 bfhak

Has anyone used either of these devices: BT-35 or BFHAK
They have them for different makes of cars. just wanting to know how well they work.

wrs223

Dec 30, 2012
I have a Jeep with the bluetooth touchscreen. I just play mine through BT, even though the sound quality isnt the greatest.

rdahl578

May 3, 2010
I just use a simple cable from my headphone jack to my aux in jack. I do wish it was able to display stuff like track info and album art, but hey, first world problems I guess. Poweramp does the job.

wrs223

Dec 30, 2012
I think it's because bt audio only streams at 96 kbs.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

MaxRabbit

Oct 21, 2010
Austin
I don't know why you're having problems, but my bluetooth audio sounds heavenly using the gateway that I referenced in my earlier post.

And by the way, this 2003 spec sheet lists a top bit rate of 345 kb/s on Bluetooth 1.0. I don't know where you got your number.

Last edited:

Peacen1k

Jan 16, 2013
Houston
BT streaming is worse than wired because you've got your phone/player transceiver encoding, and then the external receiver decoding your music. You can have all the bandwidth in the world but you'd still be limited by the quality of your transmitting and receiving hardware's digital audio capabilities.

Last edited:

skelevate

Oct 6, 2011
I have one of these, it works very well. I've used FM tuners before and they all come in static-y. This one comes in perfectly, can charge your phone, has audio IN, and can be used as a hands free phone. Pretty nifty.

GOgroove FlexSMART X2 Wireless

(Can't post external links yet)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

I use the car dock that is made for the phone by Samsung.
    Best Solution:
    Get a new car. My 2010 Mazda M3 has Bluetooth in it so all I had to do is buy a new car charger and connected it to Bluetooth. That's for your best experience though. :)

Less than the best solution:
    Buy a Samsung Car dock, hope you have an AUX port or get an FM transmitter! It's a lot of work to have this done right, clean and everything. But it works! You can find most of the parts on amazon for really cheap. But i hope your car stereo has an Aux port or Bluetooth cuz if not you are kinda gonna be screwed into buying a new one. I don't know of any that support connecting through usb on any other phone than the iPhone or a standard flash drive with just MP3s on it.