[Q] O2 Branded Samsung i9100P but want KitKat? :(

Search This thread

Threesixty360

Oct 9, 2013
Hi guys as the title suggests! I really need your help pleaaassee! Ive done a standard s2 before and upgraded to kitkat (following an awesome tut on here!) and was a breeze, But now i need to be put in the right direction for this bad boy & need your help! The problem im having is ive read plenty of threads online and the info seems to be conflicting, apparently if i mess around with it, it will loose its nfc ability and brings up various other problems?? (-_-) :confused:

Its on o2 has the last firmware o2 pushed out (jellybean 4.1.2)

Baseband Version: i9100PXXLS8

Kernel Version: 3.0.31 - 1246097
se.infra@SEP-109 #3
SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 4 15:49:20
KST 2013

Build Number: JZO54K.I9100PXXLSS

Guys your help is very much appreciated!

Hopper8

Sep 17, 2012
Hi guys as the title suggests! I really need your help pleaaassee! Ive done a standard s2 before and upgraded to kitkat (following an awesome tut on here!) and was a breeze, But now i need to be put in the right direction for this bad boy & need your help! The problem im having is ive read plenty of threads online and the info seems to be conflicting, apparently if i mess around with it, it will loose its nfc ability and brings up various other problems?? (-_-) :confused:

Its on o2 has the last firmware o2 pushed out (jellybean 4.1.2)

Baseband Version: i9100PXXLS8

Kernel Version: 3.0.31 - 1246097
se.infra@SEP-109 #3
SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 4 15:49:20
KST 2013

Build Number: JZO54K.I9100PXXLSS

Guys your help is very much appreciated!

Yep, it will work identical to an i9100 with regards to root/flashing etc... without NFC. But then have a look on xda for 'i9100P NFC patch', and it'll turn up a flashable patch to get your NFC working again :) good luck!

Threesixty360

Oct 9, 2013
Yep, it will work identical to an i9100 with regards to root/flashing etc... without NFC. But then have a look on xda for 'i9100P NFC patch', and it'll turn up a flashable patch to get your NFC working again :) good luck!

Hey! Thanks alot dude! Will get onto it later today and post back, this site has helped me alot!

Threesixty360

Oct 9, 2013
No probs :) I don't own an i9100P so haven't personally tried it... but have seen plenty of other forum members have success with it :good:

Hi there again! Reporting back to say all went well.... Apart from the nfc! =( No option exists in the settings menu! So i did search on this and found somebody called jthatch12 who created some type of an nfc enabler for kitkat, But the file isn't available for download now (dead link) but even if the file was available and all, would it work with my version of cyanogenmod?? (im using the latest Cyanogen 11-20140214-NIGHTLY) the thread i was looking into was this : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1822447