[Q] Help Im a total noob!

Search This thread

PheonixTech

Apr 30, 2014
Hiya everyone, I'm new to this and I need some help.
OK, here's the story. My father has (HAD) a T-Mobile Samsung Note 2. He signed up himself my mom my grandma and his coworker up for att's "Framily" plan. He included me as well. Everyone got new att Note 3s and I got my dads's old note 2 (love it!). Now here's the problem. Since my original carrier was tmobile, att says they cant provide lte to me. My family has 4g lte and can go on the internet pretty much anywhere but not me ): Is it possible that I flashed an att note 2 rom to my phone. Would that work? It's just a thought. Thanks in advance :D!

jpvillabona

Jan 7, 2014
Medellín - Colombia
Hiya everyone, I'm new to this and I need some help.
OK, here's the story. My father has (HAD) a T-Mobile Samsung Note 2. He signed up himself my mom my grandma and his coworker up for att's "Framily" plan. He included me as well. Everyone got new att Note 3s and I got my dads's old note 2 (love it!). Now here's the problem. Since my original carrier was tmobile, att says they cant provide lte to me. My family has 4g lte and can go on the internet pretty much anywhere but not me ): Is it possible that I flashed an att note 2 rom to my phone. Would that work? It's just a thought. Thanks in advance :D!

Hello Noob partner!

I don't own a SGNoteII but what I have readed about it is that in this case Samsung did a stock ROM as good as it doesn't worth to install a custom ROM, because all of features you are going to lose

CarvedArt

Aug 4, 2013
Try these APN settings:

Name: AT&T 4G
APN: phone
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
User name: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC:*http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,supl,mms,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

droidusr2014

Dec 24, 2013
Stop right there and don't do anything!! If you flash a at&t ROM to a T-Mobile note 2 it will soft brick the note 2 which is a pain in the butt to fix. At&t Roms will ruin the phone because they are custom made for a certain modem and custom kernel only applicable to at&t note 2s, in other words you would royally screw up your note 2 hips this helps :)....

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app