[APP] 3UK - Skype on 3 UK - Free skype calls over 3uk

Search This thread

zxcvbad

Oct 14, 2010
Neverland
I don't understand circuit and packet business but if you want to call phone numbers it works with international numbers only and if you pick them from the contacts list it offers to call them via skype using the credit on it. Maybe someone can hack it to skip the confirmation or allow national calls too as a separate option. Don't know if it is what you want but hope it helps.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

The main idea is to make three servers numbers to work without Skype app on any three branded phone with 3 sim. As I understand skype app uses circuit switched algorithm, if so there is no way to get those numbers to work without official skype on 3 app. The number I've provided is a three server number for outgoing calls, yes international (and yes SkypeOut unlimited subscription plan is included). It's eather an circuit swich (three servers check back on Skype H3G app) or extension which is might be 4 digits for each of your contacts.. Closest thing I've found is AsPhone app created by a member of xda forums. This app is now blocked by Three (well done 3)

Last edited:

froggiedroid

Apr 2, 2010
skype on 3uk VS skype for android

Hi geeks

Is it possible to install both version of skype on your Android phone and use them seperatly depending on connectivity ?

v1.Skype for 3 used as normal over 3uk sim unblocked phone
(if I understand correctly, this version only work on 2G or 3G , not via wifi?)

v2.skype for android used to connect on skype via wifi connection when you are abroad or in a near to zero 3uk network coverage zone?

if yes , is the same rule apply to windows messenger installations?

Do you think that you get better battery life using skype/live messenger for 3 version running constantly in the back ground compare to a wifi connection?

Many thanks

czajunia

May 31, 2010
London
Reactions: kaizer006

spannernick

Feb 7, 2010
London
Hi geeks

Is it possible to install both version of skype on your Android phone and use them seperatly depending on connectivity ?

v1.Skype for 3 used as normal over 3uk sim unblocked phone
(if I understand correctly, this version only work on 2G or 3G , not via wifi?)

v2.skype for android used to connect on skype via wifi connection when you are abroad or in a near to zero 3uk network coverage zone?

if yes , is the same rule apply to windows messenger installations?

Do you think that you get better battery life using skype/live messenger for 3 version running constantly in the back ground compare to a wifi connection?

Many thanks

Yes it works,you can have both on your android phone,I use them on my Samsung Galaxy 5 Europa android phone.
And now I don't need to topup(they have just changed there tariff from 90 days to 45..bummer) I only use it to phone my wife and she has a skpe phone too..;)

Last edited:

vinceyeung

Oct 11, 2010
Sheffield, UK
there is a new firmware(3uk i9100) this month and does it include the skype on 3 thing? could anyone extract that and upload it here if that is the case? thanks so much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated version attached
    MSN and SKYPE
    [13/02/2011]
    Updated version attached
    MSN and SKYPE
    [13/02/2011]

nice one added them to first page ect
    @kaizer006: is Skype_0.10.0.16_hutch_live the latest versions of Skype you added in the first post or is it a beta release superseded by Skype_1.5.0.13_3UK_live please.
    "Skype_0.10.0.16_hutch_live" is the one 3UK pimp's at the moment

but the "Skype_1.5.0.13_3UK_live" has more options and stuff

i supose there will have been a combatability issue or something silly like that with the 1.5.0.13 so they went back to 0.10.16

personaly i use 1.5.0.13 on both my dream and my galaxy np
    dream usein super D [cant remember what version off hand]
    galaxy useing 2.3.4 stock + cf root

Answer: i 'THiNK' "Skype_1.5.0.13_3UK_live" is latest
    BUT: 3UK are Useing "Skype_0.10.0.16_hutch_live"
    thats probabily why 3uk kept it, for the quicker connection i supose
    anyway glad it works for ya hope you have fun with it ect :p
    Difference between Skype and iSkoot

somebody calls her over skype then it uses her internet usage

Hi,

the problem is that some people don't know the difference between
    - Skype (being a native Skype client made and downloadable from Skype) and
    - iSkoot (a 3rd party Skype client made by iSkoot and used by 3 in UK [and in other countries])

If you install Skype on your mobile device it will _always_ use your data allowance _unless_ you use wifi.
    However if you install iSkoot then it will use your GSM minutes to call a pre-set number and your "normal GSM voice call" will then be translated to a "web-like Skype call" by a gateway.

Then it's get a bit more complicated as 3 uses a custom iSkoot client which is set to call a 3 gateway phone number (different in each country 3 operates) - and that's why this call is free of charge as they're not billing for calling that number.

So obviously, if you want to make "Skype calls" for free then you:
    - buy a 3 SIM card and
    - try to install an iSkoot client on your device.

Let's see the platforms

WinMo:
    - no downloadable Skype client as Skype discontinued support for the OS, but you can install and use old versions from the internet
    - no customised iSkoot client by 3
    - there WAS an original iSkoot client which worked on 3 after you modified the registry and filled in their gateway details - but from 22/01/2011 iSkoot has been shut down so just as for the original Skype client you can only install the old version

Android:
    - Skype client downloadable from Skype (Market)
    - there WAS a customised working iSkoot client for 3 for earlier versions of Android but there is none for Froyo (AFAIK - PLEASE CORRECT ME WITH A LINK OF A WORKING CLIENT!!)**
    - there was an original iSkoot client on the Market but as I told you iSkoot has been blablabla...

as far as iPhone concerned - I'm not really an apple guy and can't be bothered really but there is a Skype client supported by Skype, so that's why your wife using her data allowance as she uses the original Skype client from Skype...

She can
    - use wifi when available
    - get an iSkoot client modified for 3 (if it ever existed for apple)
    - buy a cheap and small "3mobile" for her Skype calls - she doesn't even have to top the SIM up ever!

Hmmm, I think I've done a pretty good job explaining the differences in Skype and iSkoot (aka Skype on 3) :)

[edit]
    ** Forget to mention that I've spoken to 3 Customer Service on last Sat - when I was thinking that I want to upgrade to a Desire HD, but I don't :) - and was told that "for Android devices Skype calls use your 2GB data allowance". When I asked what if I use a 3 client for Skype I got the reply: "if you know how to do it then it's free for you" :p