FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,588 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,532

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st October 2019, 11:28 AM |#31271  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,956

More
From the OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

...snip...

• Built-in Media Player + VLC codecs add-on.
...snip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aL_09

No, I've tried it using my other phone, LG file manager that have add subtitle feature (the same SRT and mp4) and it works perfectly.

Are they in sync using VLC? If I am understanding it correctly, MiX is using the VLC decoder/player.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 01:46 PM |#31272  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisc

I have MiX on a range of Android devices and find it very useful; THANKS.

I have one issue. I am trying to delete dozen of folders and thousands of files located on Micro SD cards. I do not have the Undo feature turned on. The delete process takes ages; in fact I stopped MiX several times to investigate the issue. I found Fx File Explorer was much much fast in deleting files. Some other file managers were also much faster that MiX.

Is there anything I can do to speed up deleting multiple files and folders at one time using MiX?

Chris

Quote:

Both devices are Android version 8.0
Neither are rooted
Both had files on a Micro USB card.
One is a Samsung S7 and and the other a Huawei MediaPad M5

Are there any suggestions on how I can speed up deletes with MIX and not have to use another file manager?

Chris
21st October 2019, 06:10 PM |#31273  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,239

More
Quote:

No, I've tried it using my other phone, LG file manager that have add subtitle feature (the same SRT and mp4) and it works perfectly.

Fair enough. Try testing with VLC as suggested, that will further narrow the problem.

Whether your device uses hardware decoding or software decoding could also make a difference between your tests and two devices, make a note of that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
22nd October 2019, 05:25 AM |#31274  
Thanks Meter: 366

More
Quote:

Quote:

I have MiX on a range of Android devices and find it very useful; THANKS.

I have one issue. I am trying to delete dozen of folders and thousands of files located on Micro SD cards. I do not have the Undo feature turned on. The delete process takes ages; in fact I stopped MiX several times to investigate the issue. I found Fx File Explorer was much much fast in deleting files. Some other file managers were also much faster that MiX.

Is there anything I can do to speed up deleting multiple files and folders at one time using MiX?

Chris

Quote:

Both devices are Android version 8.0
Neither are rooted
Both had files on a Micro USB card.
One is a Samsung S7 and and thoter a Huawei MediaPad M5

Are there any suggestions on how I can speed up deletes with MIX and not have to use another file manager?

Chris

`rm` command. (MiX has built-in "Execute" function)

Relevant with this (MiX's file handling).

And this change:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

v6.39.4_B19092410

• Removed Fast delete option. It does when it's possible.

Seems like faulty realization...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gdgsdg123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdgsdg123 Ad-Free
22nd October 2019, 07:30 AM |#31275  
Flag Biratnagar
Thanks Meter: 37

More
@HootanParsa
Thanks for the app and continuous effort to fix all bugs as always.
#BUG Report related to eBook Reader
#1 In .epub format, cover page is shown in metadata, but when on 'edit tags' page a blank dark thumbnail is shown, in my view it shoud have shown the same cover image in the edit tag page too.

#2 In .mobi format, title is shown differently in metadata and edit tag page, i.e. one title is shown in metadata page and some other thing is shown in edit tag page, in my view title shown in edit tag page is correct.

#3 Title for .azw format is also not shown correctly. Also edit tag is not working for this format, but option appears and when clicked edit tag page also appears but while saving the changes, 'failed' toast is shown.

#4 Also all tags are not shown in metadata page, although it is shown in the tag editor page(both in epub and mobi format).
(for .epub format, tag: copyright and tag: locale is shown in metadata info but not in tag editor window)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-22-11-02-38-837_com.mixplorer.beta.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	4851837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-22-11-02-42-303_com.mixplorer.beta.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	4851839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-22-11-03-08-274_com.mixplorer.beta.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	4851841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-22-11-03-13-587_com.mixplorer.beta.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	4851843  
Attached Files
File Type: zip eBook.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.50 MB, 2 views)
22nd October 2019, 10:43 AM |#31276  
Flag Biratnagar
Thanks Meter: 37

More
@HootanParsa
Now it may seem overwhelming but I think these two topics are interrelated that's why these things are also to be considered while looking for the bugs...
(I am not asking for any new features so please don't say that I am asking for too much)
#BUG in PDF reader
#1 For encrypted pdf file, thumbnail is not shown,its okay but it would look nice if pdf file image thumbnail is shown instead of showing letters PDF in the thumbnail and also small icon showing that this is a pdf thumbnail should not be shown if no thumbnail is generated. I think this was working previously but now I can't see these in working state.

#2 'edit tag' option for pdf files shows 'failed' toast, don't know why it is not working or if it isn't supported then this option should not be shown in first place.(edit tag option only appears in metadata page after the installation of metadata addon, which clearly indicates that tag editing should be supported by metadata addon, but it isn't working.)

#3 Metadata for encrypted file is still not supported although I have installed both PDF and Metadata addon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-22-12-21-53-268_com.mixplorer.beta.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	4851937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-22-12-25-13-015_com.mixplorer.beta.png
Views:	306
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	4851939  
Attached Files
File Type: zip test pdf files.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.13 MB, 12 views)
22nd October 2019, 02:16 PM |#31277  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

From the OP

Are they in sync using VLC? If I am understanding it correctly, MiX is using the VLC decoder/player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

Fair enough. Try testing with VLC as suggested, that will further narrow the problem.

Whether your device uses hardware decoding or software decoding could also make a difference between your tests and two devices, make a note of that.

I've tried it on VLC, and the subtitle timing is off too! So it's a bug! (same srt and mp4)
The Following User Says Thank You to aL_09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aL_09 Ad-Free
22nd October 2019, 02:30 PM |#31278  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,239

More
Quote:

I've tried it on VLC, and the subtitle timing is off too! So it's a bug! (same srt and mp4)

With VLC, not with Mix, which uses its libraries. So you'd have to take it up with VLC developers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
22nd October 2019, 02:41 PM |#31279  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

With VLC, not with Mix, which uses its libraries. So you'd have to take it up with VLC developers.

But still, it doesn't work with MiXplorer too...
22nd October 2019, 02:51 PM |#31280  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m33mt33n

FEATURE REQUEST:

1- please add multiple entry selection checkboxes to sqlite database editor.

2- add setting option for extensions other than .sh, for showing execute menu item while script file is selected. [currently execute menu item is only available for shell scripts]. it can work with other languages like python, perl etc.

3- add manual (triggering) option to auto-task interval dropdown menu.

Hi every one and thank you all of you for your responses on above post.

I am here with some more requests which were left last time.

4- addition of shortcuts for auto tasks (e.g. home screen shortcuts), or at least showing of auto tasks list by shortcuts as currently showing by menu item.

5- import of themes in format as exported by theme editor, when in edit mode (xml type format), currently it is importing themes only in some encrypted format, which is not manually editable, by using some text editor. (this one is also a question if it can be done currently).

and congrats to developers for making this great software.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertSchum

The #3 request is already there. Set your autotask to "Once" then in the action menu of the main window you can find all the setted autotasks. (No need to go in Settings) Just click on the autotask you want to start, when you want...it will be there also for future operations.. this is the same to have a "manual" option as you write in your request...is'nt it?

@robertSchum

thanks for your reply, ya it can be done by using above method, if you set 'Trigger at' time to some past time.
22nd October 2019, 03:00 PM |#31281  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smart_sudeep

@HootanParsa
Now it may seem overwhelming but I think these two topics are interrelated that's why these things are also to be considered while looking for the bugs...
(I am not asking for any new features so please don't say that I am asking for too much)
#BUG in PDF reader
#1 For encrypted pdf file, thumbnail is not shown,its okay but it would look nice if pdf file image thumbnail is shown instead of showing letters PDF in the thumbnail and also small icon showing that this is a pdf thumbnail should not be shown if no thumbnail is generated. I think this was working previously but now I can't see these in working state.

#2 'edit tag' option for pdf files shows 'failed' toast, don't know why it is not working or if it isn't supported then this option should not be shown in first place.(edit tag option only appears in metadata page after the installation of metadata addon, which clearly indicates that tag editing should be supported by metadata addon, but it isn't working.)

#3 Metadata for encrypted file is still not supported although I have installed both PDF and Metadata addon.

#2 To me it works. It does not fail. See picture. I added title tag to it as "Mixplorer test"
I tested your same pdf. I used the last mix silver version. What version build and what mix type are you using, Silver or Beta/Stable?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20191022-145019_MiXplorer.jpg
Views:	978
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	4852079  
The Following User Says Thank You to robertSchum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robertSchum Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)