[ROM][4 APR 13] RTS 1.2.5 |ICS 4.04|Sense 3.6 [Amidabuddha's kernel][Multi HBOOT]

Search This thread

andrewschumi

Aug 2, 2012
../\./\..Greatings from RTS 1.2.5 development team../\./\..​

We are proud to announce the release of our RTS rom. Based on SAGA_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_14.01.401.2 rom for HTC Desire S, but with many improvements, and removals of bloatware.We may be new to the community, but we have the will to improve ourselves and the rom, for your enjoyment. Of course it would be good for us to have your feedback and bug report. Our target is to develop a elegant and stable rom to make Desire S a great companion everywhere you go.

Rom creation and features
Based on SAGA_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_14.01.401.2 rom for HTC Desire S
Base ROM Cooked with dsixda's Android Kitchen
Aroma Installer with many customizations...
Amidabuddha's Kernel with free to choose either the patched or the B2B version.
De-odexed both apps and framework
Pre-rooted
Chainfire's SuperSu superSU
Installed Busybox with run-parts support
Bash shell support
All applications are up-to-date!!!
A few applications moved to data/app, so users can delete unnecessary apps
Reduced RAM usage(up to 280mb free)
Extended battery stamina
other improvements...
Antutu score...4604 on demand
much to come...

Rom recquirements
!!Update!!
This is the first hybrid custom-stock rom. There are three options in aroma regarding HBOOT(ics stock hboot, custom hboots and older 6.98.xx hboots). So for the later hboots there is the option of sticking to the "stock mode", or to the "custom" one. Choose wisely.
This ROM is tested and working on HBOOT 7.00.1002, but scripts are written to fully support the 2.0x.xx HBOOTs (2.00.2002 2.00.0002 2.02.002) and 6.98.xxx hboot.

Installation Procedure
-I. Boot to bootloader (power-off, hold volume-down and power buttons for a few seconds) and write down your hboot
I. Download ROM ;) and save it in sd-card
II. Enter recovery and perform factory reset(recommended), wipe both cash and dalvik cash
III. Install rom (wait 1 or 2 minutes)
IV. Reboot your phone and wait for another 2 or 3 minutes
V. Welcome to RTS 1.2.5 world

Before downloading and flashing(you will see that and in the installation process too) remember that, you try this at your own risk! I don't think that there will be any problem, but I have to remind you just in case.

DOWNLOAD
RTS 1.2.5
md5sum:b68250204fcb9a894340120fe314340c

Earlier versions
RTS 1.2.4
RTS 1.2.3

This is the the most elegant rom, with many customizations in the installation process. ENJOY!!!

FAQs
I. After flashing the rom and reboot the phone, it stuck in the initial screen (HTC), Bricked phone?
No, probably your phone is S-ON and had previously a custom rom and a different boot.img. So, after flashing the rom from recovery, reboot to bootloader, connect the phone with the pc, put the boot.img from the zip to the same directory of fastboot, start cmd and type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" then reboot.
  • if in aroma you have chosen ICS stock firmware (2.02.0002) or custom firmware (7.00.1002 or 2.00.2002 or 2.00.002), and the b2b kernel, then you have to flash boot.img that is @/extra/kernel/b2b/
  • if in aroma you have chosen ICS stock firmware (2.02.0002) or custom firmware (7.00.1002 or 2.00.2002 or 2.00.002), and the patched kernel, then you have to flash boot.img that is @/extra/kernel/patched/
  • if in aroma you have chosen the older custom firmware(6.98x,etc), and the b2b kernel, then you have to flash boot.img that is @/extra/kernel/olderhboot/b2b/
  • if in aroma you have chosen the older custom firmware(6.98x,etc), and the patched kernel, then you have to flash boot.img that is @/extra/kernel/olderhboot/patched/

II. When i open an application that needs root permission it tell me that, root permission not granted. What happened?
Open SuperSU, it needs su update, press yes to that, and it's done.

Changelog
Ver. 1.2.5
several tweaks in Build.prop
SIM toolkit in not install by default, but as an option
crashing links bug corrected
s2w permissions corrected
Ver. 1.2.4
Full Support for all hboots.
Free to choose between stock-version or custom version for later hboots.
Wake up disabled
some corrections in scripts
little more...
Ver. 1.2.3
Must faster than previews versions.
Aroma installer with many customizations
Browser selection
System app sellection, like file explorer, titanium and more
Suite app selection, polaris office, adobe etc.
Social app selection, facebook, twitter, etc.
HTC bloatware selection
Updated Google Store to latest.
Amidabuddha's Kernel version selection, (patched or b2b)
Sweep2wake
battery % mod
APM
some more...

Ver. 1.1.0 to 1.2.0
never gone public...features' test builds...
Ver. 1.0.10
Added more options at the quick settings section (inspired by ICE_DS)
Updated Google Store to latest
Added boot logo and shutdown logo. Very nice indeed
Updated all apps to latest
Another 10% battery life improvement from RTS 1.0.06
Antutu benhmark score 3405
Ver. 1.0.08
Rebuilded and tested for personal use only...
Ver. 1.0.07
Buggy...aborted...deleted...
Ver. 1.0.06
Fix a bug of Facebook sync
Added Titanium backup on data/app
Updated teamviewer and ebay mobile
some stock widget corrections
Ver. 1.0.05
Applications installed under data/app folder
Adobe reader
Dropbox
ebay mobile
ES File manager
Facebook
Google Maps
Gmail
Street View
Voice Search
Youtube
IMDB
Twitter
Teamviewer
Quickboot
Added applications under data/app folder
Opera Browser
Polaris Office
Removed applications+widgets
Stock+stockwidgets
Playwigdets
androidcalendarwidget
watchappwidget
hctgreaderwidget
some visual themes removed
other...

Thank You list
The majority of thanks go to me for searching, reading, compiling, editing, cooking, flashing, testing, varius builds (from 1.1.0 to 1.2.1) that never came to public due to unstable features, or personal use only builts. Though I must admit that some thanks must be credited.
Many thanks to my device, for not been bricked after all of this...:D
Many many thanks to my girlfriend:). she suffers a lot.
dsixda (kitchen)
amarullz (aroma installer)
Amidabuddha (kernel):good:
Chainfire (superuser)

ScreenShots

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 6,306
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 4,278
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3,750
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 3,376
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 2,980
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2,734
Last edited:

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
We are pround to announce the initial release of our RTS rom. Based on SAGA_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_14.01.401.2 rom for HTC Desire S, but with many improvements, and removals of bloatware.We may be new to the community, but we have the will to improve ourselves and the rom, for your enjoyment. Of course it would be good for us to have your feedback and bug report. Our target is to develop a elegant and stable rom to make Desire S a great companion everywhere you go.

Nice to see someone new taking up the development on our device and I'll be interested in seeing where you go with it.

It might be nice to include some more details though - what have you removed from the Stock ROM for a start. Screenshots would be good, even if they are almost identical to the original. Basically, tell us all about it please.

andrewschumi

Aug 2, 2012
Nice to see someone new taking up the development on our device and I'll be interested in seeing where you go with it.

It might be nice to include some more details though - what have you removed from the Stock ROM for a start. Screenshots would be good, even if they are almost identical to the original. Basically, tell us all about it please.

I was planning to make a post in the next few minutes. We start by removing applications from system/app that they are almost useless, like dock mode, printer, ect. and add to data/app all the must applicatons(their latest version) like facebook, tweeter, google apps, opera browser, backup, teamviewer, ect. the target is the creation of a rom that is ready to play, without extra downloading from the user.

The first rom.zip that we created was at a size of 460MB and was above the limit of 400mb of hotfile, so we had to take out some apps. We searching for a upload-site with higher size limit, in order to upload the full release of rom.zip.

moh86fci

Oct 16, 2011
Thank you for your effort.
Can you provide screen shots

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda app-developers app

victorharsh

Nov 1, 2011
like it

Yup, thanks for your effort.

Keep it up.....Hope RTS team will provide Sense 3.6,4.0A,4,4.1 and 4.5 ROMs to SAGA community :D :p :p :p :p in future

andrewschumi

Aug 2, 2012
Will this work on all hboots?

One more thing, well done on the ROM , its great to have new developers adding to this corner of xda :beer:

Sent from my Nexus 7

I can assure you that it's working with 2.000... HBOOT type. We have two phones available to test our work, so it's not so easy to test all HBOOTs. It needs lots of hours per day and as for now we do not have them. We have our jobs already to attend;). But if someone is willing to test it and share the results is welcome to do so.

amidabuddha

Jun 26, 2011

One more thing, well done on the ROM , its great to have new developers adding to this corner of xda :beer:

Sent from my Nexus 7

If it is running on untouched stock kernel it won't boot on 0.98.2000/6.98.x bootloaders due to the lack of /system/lib partition that was introduced in 2.0x.x

Sent from my HTC Desire S

SamePaul

Sep 22, 2010
We are pround to announce the initial release of our RTS rom. Based on SAGA_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_14.01.401.2 rom for HTC Desire S, but with many improvements, and removals of bloatware.

Please, list of what was slashed as "bloatware" and what are "many improvements"?
Right now it looks like stock RUU with slight theme modification.

andrewschumi

Aug 2, 2012
Please, list of what was slashed as "bloatware" and what are "many improvements"?
Right now it looks like stock RUU with slight theme modification.

As written above the host-server size limit per file is 400MB, as a result we were forced to cut some extras in order to maintain the zip size under 400mb. At that stage of our effort we cannot fund a premium account in order to surpass that size limitation. But I am searching for an alternative host-server and simultaneously we are finalizing a new version (1.0.05) with this changelog:
Applications installed under data/app folder[Adobe reader, Dropbox, Ebay mobile, ES File manager, Facebook, Google Maps, Gmail, Street View, Voice Search, Youtube, IMDB, Twitter, Teamviewer, Quickboot]
Added applications under data/app folder [Opera Browser, Skype, Viber, Polaris Office]
Removed stuff [Stock+stockwidget, Playstorewigdet, androidcalendarwidget, watchappwidget hctgreaderwidget]
other...
We will test it, and upload it. I hope it will be up by the evening

Reactions: elektraaaaaa

andrewschumi

Aug 2, 2012
New version 1.0.05 is up. Screenshots updated also...check the changelog for new stuff.
If there is something you do not like and it can be improved, do not hesitate to report it.
Enjoy!!!

ovidiuval

Jul 19, 2010
Hunedoara
some question about rom:video recording is working or not(blue stripes on screen in hd recording)and hard graphic games provide by gameloft and eagames are displayed properly(no freezes on gameloft games and missing parts of cars in real racing 2).what i see in all new version of rom ,ice ds 5.0 for example,problems with camera and in games still persist.if anyone tested please tell.

Last edited:

andrewschumi

Aug 2, 2012
some question about rom:video recording is working or not(blue stripes on screen in hd recording)and hard graphic games provide by gameloft and eagames are displayed properly(no freezes on gameloft games and missing parts of cars in real racing 2).what i see in all new version of rom ,ice ds 5.0 for example,problems with camera and in games still persist.if anyone tested please tell.

Both cameras, back and front work just fine. Video recorder is working too in HD quality.
As for the games I tested only Real Football 2012 and it was an excellent experience. I do not have time to download and play every game though;) sorry...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ../\./\..Greatings from RTS 1.2.5 development team../\./\..​

We are proud to announce the release of our RTS rom. Based on SAGA_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_14.01.401.2 rom for HTC Desire S, but with many improvements, and removals of bloatware.We may be new to the community, but we have the will to improve ourselves and the rom, for your enjoyment. Of course it would be good for us to have your feedback and bug report. Our target is to develop a elegant and stable rom to make Desire S a great companion everywhere you go.

Rom creation and features
    Based on SAGA_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_14.01.401.2 rom for HTC Desire S
    Base ROM Cooked with dsixda's Android Kitchen
    Aroma Installer with many customizations...
    Amidabuddha's Kernel with free to choose either the patched or the B2B version.
    De-odexed both apps and framework
    Pre-rooted
    Chainfire's SuperSu superSU
    Installed Busybox with run-parts support
    Bash shell support
    All applications are up-to-date!!!
    A few applications moved to data/app, so users can delete unnecessary apps
    Reduced RAM usage(up to 280mb free)
    Extended battery stamina
    other improvements...
    Antutu score...4604 on demand
    much to come...

Rom recquirements
    !!Update!!
    This is the first hybrid custom-stock rom. There are three options in aroma regarding HBOOT(ics stock hboot, custom hboots and older 6.98.xx hboots). So for the later hboots there is the option of sticking to the "stock mode", or to the "custom" one. Choose wisely.
    This ROM is tested and working on HBOOT 7.00.1002, but scripts are written to fully support the 2.0x.xx HBOOTs (2.00.2002 2.00.0002 2.02.002) and 6.98.xxx hboot.

Installation Procedure
    -I. Boot to bootloader (power-off, hold volume-down and power buttons for a few seconds) and write down your hboot
    I. Download ROM ;) and save it in sd-card
    II. Enter recovery and perform factory reset(recommended), wipe both cash and dalvik cash
    III. Install rom (wait 1 or 2 minutes)
    IV. Reboot your phone and wait for another 2 or 3 minutes
    V. Welcome to RTS 1.2.5 world

Before downloading and flashing(you will see that and in the installation process too) remember that, you try this at your own risk! I don't think that there will be any problem, but I have to remind you just in case.

DOWNLOAD
    RTS 1.2.5
    md5sum:b68250204fcb9a894340120fe314340c

Earlier versions
    RTS 1.2.4
    RTS 1.2.3

This is the the most elegant rom, with many customizations in the installation process. ENJOY!!!

FAQs
    I. After flashing the rom and reboot the phone, it stuck in the initial screen (HTC), Bricked phone?
    No, probably your phone is S-ON and had previously a custom rom and a different boot.img. So, after flashing the rom from recovery, reboot to bootloader, connect the phone with the pc, put the boot.img from the zip to the same directory of fastboot, start cmd and type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" then reboot.
    • if in aroma you have chosen ICS stock firmware (2.02.0002) or custom firmware (7.00.1002 or 2.00.2002 or 2.00.002), and the b2b kernel, then you have to flash boot.img that is @/extra/kernel/b2b/
    • if in aroma you have chosen ICS stock firmware (2.02.0002) or custom firmware (7.00.1002 or 2.00.2002 or 2.00.002), and the patched kernel, then you have to flash boot.img that is @/extra/kernel/patched/
    • if in aroma you have chosen the older custom firmware(6.98x,etc), and the b2b kernel, then you have to flash boot.img that is @/extra/kernel/olderhboot/b2b/
    • if in aroma you have chosen the older custom firmware(6.98x,etc), and the patched kernel, then you have to flash boot.img that is @/extra/kernel/olderhboot/patched/

II. When i open an application that needs root permission it tell me that, root permission not granted. What happened?
    Open SuperSU, it needs su update, press yes to that, and it's done.

Changelog
    Ver. 1.2.5
    Ver. 1.2.4
    Wake up disabled
    little more...
    Ver. 1.2.3
    Browser selection
    Suite app selection, polaris office, adobe etc.
    Social app selection, facebook, twitter, etc.
    HTC bloatware selection
    Sweep2wake
    battery % mod
    APM
    some more...

Ver. 1.1.0 to 1.2.0
    never gone public...features' test builds...
    Ver. 1.0.10
    Added more options at the quick settings section (inspired by ICE_DS)
    Updated Google Store to latest
    Added boot logo and shutdown logo. Very nice indeed
    Updated all apps to latest
    Another 10% battery life improvement from RTS 1.0.06
    Antutu benhmark score 3405
    Ver. 1.0.08
    Rebuilded and tested for personal use only...
    Ver. 1.0.07
    Buggy...aborted...deleted...
    Ver. 1.0.06
    Fix a bug of Facebook sync
    Added Titanium backup on data/app
    Updated teamviewer and ebay mobile
    some stock widget corrections
    Ver. 1.0.05
    Applications installed under data/app folder
    Adobe reader
    Dropbox
    ebay mobile
    ES File manager
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Gmail
    Street View
    Voice Search
    Youtube
    IMDB
    Twitter
    Teamviewer
    Quickboot
    Added applications under data/app folder
    Opera Browser
    Polaris Office
    Removed applications+widgets
    Stock+stockwidgets
    Playwigdets
    androidcalendarwidget
    watchappwidget
    hctgreaderwidget
    other...

Thank You list
    The majority of thanks go to me for searching, reading, compiling, editing, cooking, flashing, testing, varius builds (from 1.1.0 to 1.2.1) that never came to public due to unstable features, or personal use only builts. Though I must admit that some thanks must be credited.
    Many thanks to my device, for not been bricked after all of this...:D
    Many many thanks to my girlfriend:). she suffers a lot.
    dsixda (kitchen)
    amarullz (aroma installer)
    Amidabuddha (kernel):good:
    Chainfire (superuser)

ScreenShots
    New version!!
    New features!!
    Enjoy!!!

Ver. 1.2.3
    Browser sellection
    Suite app sellection, polaris ofice, adobe etc.
    Social app sellection, facebook, twitter, etc.
    HTC bloatware selection
    Sweep2wake
    battery % mod
    APM
    some more...

Sent from my Nexus 7

If it is running on untouched stock kernel it won't boot on 0.98.2000/6.98.x bootloaders due to the lack of /system/lib partition that was introduced in 2.0x.x

Sent from my HTC Desire S
    New version RTS 1.2.4 is up.

changelog
    Ver. 1.2.4
    Wake up disabled
    little more...
    Late script and permission errors corrected

Ver. 1.2.5

Todo list
    Put a power menu option in EQS. I managed to put it as fuction of search soft button, but after that s2w action need more precise fingers