[Q] Rezound won't turn on at all, or boot. HELP

Search This thread

T Greezy

Feb 16, 2012
Phoenix
Last night I tried rooting my phone and all that jazz. The battery has no juice and the phone won't do anything, wont even indicate that it's charging. i can't get ANYTHING from the rezound. I plug it in and here a few beeps, but that's it. I think I need the P58IMG stock for this or something, but nothing is doing anything. I'm sorry for incorrectly posting, but I leave for school in 10 minutes! :confused:

MrSmith317

Jun 18, 2010
Philadelphia
You can't let the battery drain all the way down. Leave it on the charger for a bit, then pull the battery. Let it sit for a hot minute, then try booting again.

T Greezy

Feb 16, 2012
Phoenix
Ok, It's been on the charger since 7:35 this morning and i'll get home at 3 pm and hopefully it boots up. Do I need a external battery for this? I just need it to boot into hoot and recovery, then i can do it from there. I have the stock htc rezoned battery. I'll let you know when I try to but at 3pm or earlier because that when I get home from school

Also I have clockwork recovery on my rezound and I found out that clockwork doesn't charge a completely dead battery via usb. How would I flash AmanRa recovery when the battery is dead, thanks.

Last edited:

feralicious

Jun 9, 2011
City of Angels
I read on here somewhere that a couple people got theirs going by connecting to PC and using a reboot command in adb. Don't know that command offhand.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: T Greezy

feralicious

Jun 9, 2011
City of Angels
Just came across the adb command:

adb reboot bootloader

One person said they typed that about 5 times before they booted into bootloader. (someone also said they thought the phone was charging even though the light wasn't lighting up so that may be why this works, once there is enough juice the phone can boot into bootloader or something) From there you should be able to reboot phone and then once it's booted you should be able to charge.

Once you are charged you might want to flash Amon Ra recovery to avoid this issue in the future. Otherwise just make sure you never drain the battery to the point of phone shutting off.

Last edited:

T Greezy

Feb 16, 2012
Phoenix
Thank you, I will try this out now. Hopefully it works, I'll keep you updated! Thank you guys! :)

UPDATE: Ok, so I follow the instructions the post says. I type in the command in where everything is ADB, etc and the recovery.img.. it my computers beeps, beeps again and the orange light comes on for 3 seconds and turns off.

Last edited:

gsgleason

May 24, 2009
Look at my comment in the thread. If you can get into the shell with 'adb shell' as I did, there is still hope.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com

adb reboot bootloader

One person said they typed that about 5 times before they booted into bootloader. (someone also said they thought the phone was charging even though the light wasn't lighting up so that may be why this works, once there is enough juice the phone can boot into bootloader or something) From there you should be able to reboot phone and then once it's booted you should be able to charge.

Once you are charged you might want to flash Amon Ra recovery to avoid this issue in the future. Otherwise just make sure you never drain the battery to the point of phone shutting off.

i woke up to this this morning. it wouldnt turn on. i did nothing but put touch recovery on it last night before i went to bed. i had to hit it with adb reboot bootloader 5+ times and it finally booted. thank you so much for this. i was freaking out. lol

EDIT:
spoke to soon. its still not working. i managed to get it to boot so im going to try this next http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22370748#post22370748 if not its going back. its only been 1 day and i already broke it lol.

Last edited:

excellentnuke

Jun 1, 2010
I had this problem about a month ago on my Rezound. I just pulled the battery and let it sit for a bit. I then put the batter back in and plugged the phone into my laptop. I then used

adb reboot

and my phone turned on and it was able to charge.

Daavid45

Dec 26, 2016
I had this problem about a month ago on my Rezound. I just pulled the battery and let it sit for a bit. I then put the batter back in and plugged the phone into my laptop. I then used

adb reboot

and my phone turned on and it was able to charge.

Sorry to open this thred again but i a day ago i tried to install twrp 2.2.0 on my rezound and everything works fine and after i install TWRP 2.0.8 and it still having no problem but today i boot my phone to TWRP recovery and selected Reboot System and then my phone powered off and did no reboot my system. i was panicked so i pulled my batery out and pull it back nothing is working it is not recognized by laptop, when plugged in the wall sector or on computer the led didn't even light up.
Please I really need ur help Whatever u hav just tell me. Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

adb reboot bootloader

I read on here somewhere that a couple people got theirs going by connecting to PC and using a reboot command in adb. Don't know that command offhand.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    You want this post.

IrvChynaman had some troubles and did some pretty extensive troubleshooting on it.