How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace

Search This thread
Guys, need your help.

After flashing Coderom V2, used the EXT4 Manager to convert the internal memory to EXT4. And accidently forgot to revert the filesystem to RFS and tried flashing another rom and ODIN gets stuck at the command
<1> system.rfs download

This is the case on trying to flash to any rom with ODIN now. Now the phone is bricked and not able to get into recovery mode. Download mode is still posible though

Need some method / link / help to get the internal memeory back to rfs so it could be flashed and brought back to life.

Thank you

BLZBud

May 18, 2011
SIM Bricked My Phone???

Hi people

Yesterday i put a 3 mobile sim in my Ace as i wanted to take the Network Lock off.
After inserting Sim card i turned phone on expecting it to ask for an unlock code, instead i got nothing, but a black flashing screen??

I have tried to flash as i can get phone into Download, but nothing.
Recovery Mode is not possible. Only Emergency Dload(ARM9 Mode) & RAMDUMP are possible(whatever they for?)

Any help othert than "Dude, you're phone is screwed" would be nice.

Thanks

I use FirstUA V1.2 Rom.

kehur

Dec 31, 2009
Pune
I almost bricked the phone while upgrading from Froyo to 2.3.4 XXKPH. Suddenly download mode was not coming and then port problem started coming.

1. Download mode not coming -have patience when u go in download mode (dont take ur fingers off from buttons), take out SIM card and SD Card then give it a try.
2. Port problems - take our SIM, SD Card and then when phone is stuck in download mode, restart PC and connect phone again. If still issues exist then change USB connection port and try another port on your desktop/laptop.

Wish my hints work.

DISCLAIMER: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE AND ITS UPGRADE. NOT ME.
YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH PHONE. IF NOT THEN IGNORE THIS MESSAGE COMPLETELY. Firmware upgrade, Rooting etc. activities are RISKY. I AM NOT REPONSIBLE FOR YOUR BRICKED PHONE OR DEAD PHONE OR ANY PHONE PROBLEMS OR ITS WARRANTY.

kehur

Dec 31, 2009
Pune
Sorry I did not mention in my post. My phone is working fine now. My post was for those friends who can use my hints in case they r facing same problems.

WITIAS

Aug 21, 2011
ODIN 4.38 can´t flashing? (mibip or startup?)

Don't work for me...

When you have problem with downgrade or upgrade firmware thrue ODIN and you are user WIN7 ---

- You can use to flash only one firmware!!!!
(it does not matter which, !!!! BUT you must going UP and DOWN,UP,DOWN like this(2.3.4 to 2.2.1 to 2.3.4 to 2.2.1)
----No like this (2.3.4 to 2.3.4 it doesn´t work) )
- You must after every re-flash--------reboot your PC !!!!!
- Your ODIN 4.38 stop at -- download mibib or something else? It´s my problem too
- After restart everything is O.K.and NOW :) ODIN doing everything to

I´m used this firmwares : - S5830XXKC1 COOPER.OPS CSC - S5830SERKB3 2.2.1 2011 March 19
h.t.tp://hotfile.com/dl/111959706/1f7adaa/S5830XXKC1.rar.html (without dots)
- S5830XXKPH COOPER.OPS CSC - S5830SERKPH 2.3.4 2011 June 2
h.t.tp://hotfile.com/dl/120302147/b6ef9dc/S5830XXKPH.rar.html (without dots)

Password is samfirmware.com

Sorry my english language is bad, but I think so it´s a big problem with little solution

Bye

Last edited:

racerronny

Jul 12, 2011
Mumbai
Guys,

i was using the ClockWork mod rom manager

i was trying to backup the current gingerbread 2.3.4 rom

n den suddenly the phone switched off

now its not turning on

i tried pressin the

VOL DOWN + HOME+ POWER KEY

inorder to go to download mode n re-flash it but
nothing appears on the screen
the phone is not responding at all

my cell was rooted

plz someone help me.......plzzz

im stuck!!!

Baracs

Dec 17, 2009
He said he was using Clockwork Rom Manager and NOT Rom Manager.

That said was the battery hot or was the phone been charged at the time.

I have had issues when I bricked my phone whilst trying to do Odin flashes where it hung (3 times now :) ) - where it would not boot into download mode afterwards - I took the battery out and replaced it with a cold battery and proceded to flip into download mode.

I was then immediately able to reflash to stock 2.2.1 XWKB7.

Just let the phone cool down if its warm to touch. Hope this helps.

minhqp

Feb 4, 2009
Hi everybody...after using "Galaxy ace unlock"...my ACE...brick!!!I'm using this method,..

it seems to work .. but near the end .. my screen flashes .. what's going on?

I wait until the rectangle is blue ... but still no change ...Need help..plzzzz...Thanks..

russ18uk

Aug 1, 2011
Hi everybody...after using "Galaxy ace unlock"...my ACE...brick!!!I'm using this method,..

it seems to work .. but near the end .. my screen flashes .. what's going on?

I wait until the rectangle is blue ... but still no change ...Need help..plzzzz...Thanks..
Hold home when powering up and it should take you to cwm recovery. wipe cache and dalvik cache and try booting again.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA App

Reactions: askyashu

anthony13

Jan 2, 2008
Hi ppl!

I've bricked my galaxy ace too, with the unsimlocking method, it's flashing.
I tryed to did your tutorial but it doesen't work, still flashing.

What should i do now?
Thanks a lot

gganon

Sep 4, 2011
Great guide. it works perfectly. But i live in saudi arabia so my ace came with the arabic/middle east firmware (thats S5830JPKC2 firmware). So incase any problem comes up i'd like to be able to go back to the original firmware that came wen i bought it. Problem of course is, samfirmware's jpkc2 has some missing files or something. Cuz wen i flash the one package of their jpkc2 the process finishes successfully but the phone wont start. no matter how long i hold the power button!!! It still goes into download mode though so i currently have it flashed with the Europe version. But can u make a repack of the arabic firmware? or if u dont feel like it and the steps are explainable cud u tell me how to get the missing files in or how to fix it?? Thanx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace

If your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen after flashing froyo heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me :).

Step 1 – Prepare odin with the firmware u want to flash (in my case was gingerbread 2.3.3) and get it ready to go;

Step 2 – Remove battery and connect your galaxy ace to the computer;

Step 3 -- Insert battery holding Volume down + Power + Home

Step 4 – At this point Odin should have detected your SG Ace ( Yellow rectangle should appear);

Step 5 – Click Start button in Odin and wait about 5 min.

If all goes well it should come back to life. :):D

Get the roms from sammobile site.

Be sure that you download de correct firmware for your device version.
    my phone brick after flashing CWM from ROM manager and I've wrong choose phone type and then go to the phone shutdown (try to go to recovery mode). and the phone won't be turn on. I try this thread but did not work, my phone is won't show the download screen but it was detected by ODIN v4.38 and the yellow bar shown. But it was stuck on

<1> setup connection..

I try 3 file tar and 1 file Tar (one package) firmware just the same stuck on it.

please somebody help for the solution....:confused:

Thanks,
    please excuse me for my english, my native language is spanish and not write good english

i have one question,

are sure's, efs file is /dev/block/stl5 ??

i have 1 idea of copy file of other Galaxy Ace and putting into to tar and flashing via ODIN.

but i need have sure, who file is the correct.

please help me.

Regards.

Go on, brick your phone.

ODIN can't flash efs in Galaxy Ace, because there is no slot assigned to it in cooper.ops

If you don't have a good reason/knowledge to do it, don't touch it.
    Good mannnnnn ֱ
    That's probably the most stupid thing to say if you want them to fix your phone -. -

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

I hard bricked my phone once with rom manager, "it fries " the motherboard, so i sent it for guarantee to technical service and i told them that i was listening music and suddenly the phone turned off. The change it for a new one :)
    P.D: show yourself as a noob that only uses the phone for music and facebook
    If you say that odin thing, dude then forget inmediately any chance of guarantee repair cause flashing or do all those things that we do with our aces are not covered by guarantee, its obvious btw dont you think?
    PD: remember soft brick like bootloops etc, can be fixed flashing again.
    Hard brick like phone doesnt turn on, i mean really dead = dead motherboard or something like that

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium