About to sell phone, am I safe?

Search This thread

UnexplainedBacon

Oct 12, 2012
Mount Vernon WA
Hey everyone,

I picked up a Note 3 today and I'm trying to prep the Note 2 for Swappa. I reformatted the SD card and did a factory reset in TWRP. It appears all my apps and data are gone, but are they REALLY gone? Am I safe to go ahead and sell the Note 2, rooted with TWRP/Beans 23 installed, so long as it appears all my apps and data are removed? I may sound paranoid, but I know how easy it is to recover data on hard drives, even when supposedly deleted. If there's anything else I need to do before selling it, please help a fella out and let me know!

Thanks

MunkinDrunky

Feb 25, 2012
Hey everyone,

I picked up a Note 3 today and I'm trying to prep the Note 2 for Swappa. I reformatted the SD card and did a factory reset in TWRP. It appears all my apps and data are gone, but are they REALLY gone? Am I safe to go ahead and sell the Note 2, rooted with TWRP/Beans 23 installed, so long as it appears all my apps and data are removed? I may sound paranoid, but I know how easy it is to recover data on hard drives, even when supposedly deleted. If there's anything else I need to do before selling it, please help a fella out and let me know!

Thanks

That would be good. But if I were paranoid (sometimes I am) I would fill with junk data on your phones internal. Maybe flash roms make twrp backups or whatever then wipe and reformat. This would go for any sd memory. From what i know. You can always research how this storage medium works.