Telstra have released the One XL. But unlike the Americans, we get 32GB :cool:

All custom ROMs work on the Aussie One XL :good:

RESOURCES

[GUIDE] Telstra One XL - Root/Unlock/Recovery/ROMs/APN/Tweaks

Telstra One app

1.81 RUU
1.89 RUU

Rooted & Deodexed Stock Telstra ROMs by radavs
One Click Unlock (ozjubb has modified the One Click Unlock to work with our Telstra One XL)

------------------------------

Build.prop Edits
Most custom ROMs are not optimised for Telstra. Edit these values in your build.prop to get the best HSPA+ speeds and HD Voice:

Code:
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=24
ro.ril.enable.amr.wideband=1

Telstra APN Settings

Most custom ROMs won't have the correct APN due to the ATT crap, so you'll need to enter these manually.

(Internet)
Name: Telstra Internet
APN: Telstra.wap
Proxy: 10.1.1.181
Port: 80
APN type: default
Leave other fields unchanged

(MMS)
Name: Telstra MMS
APN: Telstra.mms
MMSC: http://mmsc.telstra.com:8002
MMS proxy: 10.1.1.180
MMS port: 80
APN type: mms

Last edited:

kenske

Feb 6, 2011
I'm also curious of what ROM I could install - hoping that CM9 will support telstra's one xl.

wells79

Dec 27, 2011
Sydney
Arrived this morning!

Can anyone confirm a root technique for this device?
I'll be giving it a shot this afternoon.

akin

Apr 11, 2007
Adelaide
Just got mine this morning so will update here as I find out what its like Battery life etc

So far a big jump in speed comapred to old Desire running a miui rom. To be epxected tho

Cheers

gypsyshaw

Oct 3, 2011
Brisbane
Got mine today as well.

Pretty curious about the ROMS and rooting. Planning on rooting in the next day or so.

But so far I like the speed. Both LTE and the device.

gypsyshaw

Oct 3, 2011
Brisbane
Still unsure too if we can use the same development files as the ATT One X or not? :confused:

Ive read that root is possible on the ATT files. however I haven't found any hard evidence that it actually works.

I also found on the Ausdroid forums that there is a root guide for the Telstra One XL, but still no confirmation on success. - Any one here tried this?

ozjubb

Nov 5, 2009
Newcastle
Cool...keep us posted here guys so we know what's what. Telstra still haven't activated my SIM card yet so I'm waiting for that before I start playing.

Also done the superCID following the guide here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671396

Just have to go through the HTCDev to see if I can unlock it, HTCDev doesn't seem to be working ATM though.

EDIT: Should point out it was change TELST001 to 11111111 not CWS__001 for the Telstra handset for the SuperCID

Last edited:

akin

Apr 11, 2007
Adelaide
I have rooted the device but it wont give me the code to get it unlocked...just hangs on waiting for device in the command prompt.

logularjason

Jun 5, 2012
Should point out it was change TELST001 to 11111111 not CWS__001 for the Telstra handset for the SuperCID

Thanks ozjubb - makes sense - I will have a go at this during the week too. Perhaps see if I can modify the "One Click" script which implements the same procedure.

I'm the person that posted on whirlpool as ref'd above - and can confirm that the root worked OK as described on AusDroid on May 21 as linked above.

I'll also be scanning for bootloader news.

ozjubb

Nov 5, 2009
Newcastle
Thanks ozjubb - makes sense - I will have a go at this during the week too. Perhaps see if I can modify the "One Click" script which implements the same procedure.

I'm the person that posted on whirlpool as ref'd above - and can confirm that the root worked OK as described on AusDroid on May 21 as linked above.

I'll also be scanning for bootloader news.

I have looked at the oneclick batch file, changes would be easy enough to make as it is only a couple of extra lines so it looks for the Telstra CID "TELST001".

I have now unlocked my bootloader through HTCDev as well.

EDIT:
Here is a link to a modified copy of the Spoof-CID.zip file that should work for Telstra handsets.

I haven't tested this as I had already unlocked etc before modifying the zip file.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Telstra have released the One XL. But unlike the Americans, we get 32GB :cool:

All custom ROMs work on the Aussie One XL :good:

RESOURCES

[GUIDE] Telstra One XL - Root/Unlock/Recovery/ROMs/APN/Tweaks

Telstra One app

1.81 RUU
    1.89 RUU

Rooted & Deodexed Stock Telstra ROMs by radavs
    One Click Unlock (ozjubb has modified the One Click Unlock to work with our Telstra One XL)

------------------------------

Build.prop Edits
    Most custom ROMs are not optimised for Telstra. Edit these values in your build.prop to get the best HSPA+ speeds and HD Voice:

Code:
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=24
    ro.ril.enable.amr.wideband=1

Telstra APN Settings

Most custom ROMs won't have the correct APN due to the ATT crap, so you'll need to enter these manually.

(Internet)
    Name: Telstra Internet
    APN: Telstra.wap
    Proxy: 10.1.1.181
    Port: 80
    APN type: default

(MMS)
    Name: Telstra MMS
    APN: Telstra.mms
    MMSC: http://mmsc.telstra.com:8002
    MMS proxy: 10.1.1.180
    MMS port: 80
    APN type: mms
    I remembered at one stage I downloaded a zip called 'Telstra Customisations', which I think contained the changes to a cooked rom to enable the Telstra stuff. Maybe it will provide some answers or clues?
    Thanks, looks like its editing the same files we've been playing with. Didn't see any extra config in them that would help :(

Edit: PROGRESS!!! It is 100% the User Agent settings that I thought before.

A stock telstra build will report the following (used http://useragentstring.com/):
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-au; HTC EVA_UL Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30
    CleanROM 4.5 shows the following:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; PJ83100/1.82.502.3 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

So I installed Dolphin Browser which allows you to configure a custom User Agent and pasted in the stock Telstra one.....low and behold. The correct bigpond webpage is shown, you can access Foxtel, watch V8 Supercars content etc. Now to retry building a 4.0.4 ROM with build.prop and whatever xml config is required to have the UA string generated to be exactly the same as the stock one!

My wild stab in the dark is that the most critical bit of info is HTC EVA_UL Build/IML74K. But the only part that seems to come from the build.prop is IML74K. The EVA_UL part isn't sourced from build.prop but does show up in system/customize/MNS/default.xml. Maybe I stuffed up cooking a ROM for the RUU after I made those changes...

And one more edit... SOLVED! Changes don't take effect even after clear cache/dalvik and reboot. BUT if you make the below changes, wipe data, reboot and then add APN.....bigpond portal works.

system/customize/MNS/default.xml
    Code:
          <function name="ua_string">
            <set name="single">
              <item name="value">[COLOR="Red"]HTC EVA_UL[/COLOR]</item>

<function name="ua_profile">
            <set name="single">
              <item name="value">[COLOR="red"]http://www.htcmms.com.tw/Android/Telstra/PJ831/ua-profile.xml[/COLOR]</item>
            </set>

And attached build.prop, key items were:
    Code:
    ro.build.id=[COLOR="Red"]IML74K[/COLOR]
    ro.build.display.id=[COLOR="red"]IML74K[/COLOR]
    ro.build.fingerprint=htc_asia_wwe/evita/evita:4.0.4/[COLOR="Red"]IML74K[/COLOR]/82475.2:user/release-keys

Sucks that the changes don't work on the fly, can't be stuffed setting everything up again right now lol.
    Telstra Stock Rooted De-odexed

being uploaded atm

Will post in Dev and here when ready(approx. 4/5 hrs)
    hey guys, got a question has anyone been able to get mobile foxtel to work running cleanrom ?? the foxtel app or m.bigpond.com errors about un supported device, yet stock standard one xl works fine. could it be before the phone comes up as a htc one x instead of one xl in info section ? this should be possible to change in the build.prop ?

thanks david

woohoo it worked! How about that, first time I ever tried anything like that.

I changed everything I mentioned in my previous post, but I also changed a few other bits and pieces, like the wide bandwidth for call setting on, as well as all the cid's back to TELST001

This is my edited build prop, based on Scott's CleanRom 4.0 DE (all credit to him , I changed nothing except stock telstra lines)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8757068/HTC/build.zip

This is a list of all the changes

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8757068/HTC/Build Prop Changes CleanROM 4 for Telstra.txt

The usual disclosure I guess, I am only just running around the phone now, and it appears fine, but I certainly backed it up first!! Don't yell at me if it breaks ya phone!

Foxtel now works :laugh:

use the dropbox links above, attached files not working