[GAME][2.3+] Text Fiction

Search This thread

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
> On Google Play > Sideloading

Bored of runner games? Tired of farming coins? Ready for entertainment that focus on depth and story instead of mindless button mashing?

Then welcome to the world of Interactive Fiction! Here every game is a story waiting to unfold as you guide your alter ego by texting where to go and what to do next.

Text Fiction is a Z-Machine interpreter with a modern UI for playing Z-Code games like the famous Zork triology. Hundreds of free stories are available for download.

ktG_cDjcIxguSlN82RiB7Tz0w2Fgslqz8BjqVU66S34WwIXR_2Uolonr-v4CF2LjHA=h900

Assault_a

Jan 5, 2014
Good idea, but as for me there is needed some pics and graphic to make some visibility of game.

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
Does this charge per sms please

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Heck no! It's only skinned to look like an SMS app because virtually everyone is familiar with that kind of userinterface. The game does not send any SMS at all (see: permissions). It plays entirely on your phone wihtout any external communication.

Short answer: it will neither cost you money, nor will you pay with your privacy.

ts1506

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2012
Kolkata
Awesome work.

I was playing Sherlock , Zork, Border Edge and a few other I found on a website.

Works nicely, the UI is good too.

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
good show man! i love text based games, on my kindle keyboard i had a website that i could use to play these sort of games, i will try to find it again and maybe we get thouse stories on there?

rcmeredith

Jan 21, 2014
Android version 2.1 maybe?

I don't suppose this can be ported back to Android 2.1 so it could be run on a rooted NOOK e-reader?

This would be a perfect app for an e-paper device like the NOOK Simple Touch or Glowlight - and there's a lot of them out there.

Last edited:

MrSimmonsSr

Jul 24, 2008
Text Fiction is a Z-Machine interpreter with a modern UI for playing Z-Code games like the famous Zork triology. Hundreds of free stories are available for download.

Just wanted to say thanks for making available! I haven't played any interactive fiction games in a while. I see many hours of fun with this. Just threw you a small donation. Many thanks, Sir!

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
good show man! i love text based games, on my kindle keyboard i had a website that i could use to play these sort of games, i will try to find it again and maybe we get thouse stories on there?

Just for the records: Text Fiction is just an engine for playing arbitrary z-code games (z3,z5 and z8). You are not limited to the catalog on my website. Thats just meant as a primer for people who want to jump right in without having to search for games.

Top Liked Posts