Anyone having trouble syncing with Evernote?

Search This thread

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Just attempted to sync my S-Notes with Evernote. It says they have synced correctly.

However, when I open the Evernote app nothing is showing up and there is a message at the bottom left stating that syncing has failed. I tried adding a folder directly to Evernote from within the app and it crashed.

Any ideas?

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Hmmm, ok well the syncing is showing up on my laptop version of Evernote but not my tablet version. odd.

Also, apparently it is syncing them as .snb files which Evernote apparently cannot display. What am doing wrong here? Why is it exporting my S-Notes to Evernote in an unreadable format?

AndroidAble

Feb 23, 2012
Hmmm, ok well the syncing is showing up on my laptop version of Evernote but not my tablet version. odd.

Also, apparently it is syncing them as .snb files which Evernote apparently cannot display. What am doing wrong here? Why is it exporting my S-Notes to Evernote in an unreadable format?

I would consider dropping OneNote and moving to Evernote if you could get me the anser to that. I tried the same thing, but it does me no good to have my notes synced to Evernote if I cannot open them on my PC and see them on my evernote app on the tablet.

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I would consider dropping OneNote and moving to Evernote if you could get me the anser to that. I tried the same thing, but it does me no good to have my notes synced to Evernote if I cannot open them on my PC and see them on my evernote app on the tablet.

From what I have been reading online S-Notes created using the Note appear perfectly within Evernote. I am assuming those notes have the same file format and extension. Weird wonder what the issue is.

I can't seem to find a thing online discussing the SGN10 and Evernote.

** Same thing with Google Docs. It doesn't recognize the file extension and can't display the content.

I am trying to figure out why Samsung wants us to sync our notes to two services which cannot read the format?????

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
No one else is having Evernote issues? As far as I can tell Evernote doesn't recognize the snb file extension and won't display s notes content. This is very odd since s note recommends syncing with something that has no idea what it is.

I've seen videos of people syncing their Note with Evernote and it works fine.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

jeggen

May 1, 2011
I'm having the same issue. Just testing out the Galaxy Note 10.1 to see how it fits into my workflow and wondering if I can happily replace the keyboard/shell design of my Transformer. Part of that is notes sync which I was trilled to see but I cannot open them in Evernote. Anyone know how to open one of these snb files in Evernote?

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm having the same issue. Just testing out the Galaxy Note 10.1 to see how it fits into my workflow and wondering if I can happily replace the keyboard/shell design of my Transformer. Part of that is notes sync which I was trilled to see but I cannot open them in Evernote. Anyone know how to open one of these snb files in Evernote?

Unfortunately not possible. You can store them in Evernote and use that to sync with other devices which support .snb but you cannot view them. Have no idea why Samsung chose the very obscure .snb standard for Snotes. This makes Dropbox a better solution because youc an sync using DropSync for the Market.

My guess is that Samsung is forching us to own other Samsung devices which can read their very specialized .snb files.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

jeggen

May 1, 2011
Bummer. Are there any S-pen enabled note applications that can sync to Evernote (or via Dropsync) and open on the PC? I know I can always export them, but would prefer a solution that can regularly update notes as I write them for easy reference rather than exporting each time I make changes/additions.

pb1379

Nov 7, 2010
Sync: Had that for a day, too, on both the Talley and phone, looks like something was broken somewhere. Works again now.

snb: these are basically zip files with JPEG pictures for each page and some additional info in xml files. Rename to .zip and open as usual. Of course, this doesn't give you notebooks, but the info is there, and you could even make pdfs of them.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sync: Had that for a day, too, on both the Talley and phone, looks like something was broken somewhere. Works again now.

snb: these are basically zip files with JPEG pictures for each page and some additional info in xml files. Rename to .zip and open as usual. Of course, this doesn't give you notebooks, but the info is there, and you could even make pdfs of them.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

If you are going to do all that you may as well just save .PDF copies from Snotes.

pb1379

Nov 7, 2010
If you are going to do all that you may as well just save .PDF copies from Snotes.

Lol. True. Wasn't thought as a work solution, but a disaster recovery, e.g. in case of a lost phone/tablet. You can then still get at your notes, until you have snote available again, without having to export each note after each change...

Sent from my XT910 usiI ng Tapatalk 2

RbbCHan

Jun 21, 2011
Chengdu, China
as disaster backup i recommend Samsung Kies Smemo and Snote backup. Works perfectly and is fully restorable if you need it.
I do this once a week.

samuelong87

Mar 6, 2010
Singapore
Unfortunately not possible. You can store them in Evernote and use that to sync with other devices which support .snb but you cannot view them. Have no idea why Samsung chose the very obscure .snb standard for Snotes. This makes Dropbox a better solution because youc an sync using DropSync for the Market.

My guess is that Samsung is forching us to own other Samsung devices which can read their very specialized .snb files.

I guess that's the same case for Asus and their supernote. It's also in snb format and I tried copying the file into my Note10.1. It apparently is encrypted or something. Requires a password :(

the whole GALAXY to NOTE about...counting down from 10 to 1.

jchammerpants

Aug 22, 2012
I have been getting the 'sync failed' message since at least yesterday (hadn't paid attention to it before then). Was there a fix for that, or did it work itself out?

JC