How to juice up your player to handle games

Search This thread

Keetz

Feb 25, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A54 5G
Hi Guys,

Was wondering if there was a way to juice up the graphics on my Galaxy Player 5.0 international...

And are there any good games I can use for them too?

Scheherez

rafa6571

Nov 19, 2010
Well i've been playing big titles like modern combact 3, nova 2 and 3, asphalt 6 and i dont have any problem with. If u're rooted maybe overclock and u're ready to play. ;)

Reactions: Keetz

rafa6571

Nov 19, 2010
Ok kool!

What do I need to overclock and how high can I go safely, because I still would like some battery life...

Well i've overclock till 1.5 ghz with Tegrak Overclock on Gingerbread but now on ICS i overclock till 1.2 ghz with rom control from aokp.

But i do it when i'm going to play when i finish i underclock till 800 ghz

nightfire37

May 26, 2012
Florida
Overclocking the cpu on the SGP 5 does nothing. I have GenericGinger with Entropny's (I think that's how you spell his name) and the only thing I have noticed is the booting is quicker and it charges faster due to the kernal. My solution for you is to get Chainfire3D. The SGP 4 and 5 are able to play Nvidia Tegra games with the occasional fps drop. I can play Galaxy on Fire 2 THD on it thanks to Chainfire3D. Install that app and it will literally bring the retarted Apple devices to it's knees. Android FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my YP-G70 using XDA

Reactions: Rueben_

kfirbep

Feb 9, 2012
Every custom kernel here is clocked at 1.2 ghz ..it is enough for any game ..if you want more tegrak overclock give you 1.3 ghz and paid version even more but 1.3 is just enough.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

This is not true... I have 1.3ghz and somthing like 180-200 free ramsometimes less becase im using tsf launcher that take 50-60 ram, and simple game lije temple run or fruit ninja get little stuck and little stops.
And sometimes when i exit a game it takes time to the widgets and the applications menu to be loaded.
Ipod is much more faster than this device becase of the processor and because of the ssd

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Last edited:

DZonikg

Apr 11, 2012
Kragujevac
This is not true... I have 1.3ghz and somthing like 180-200 free ramsometimes less becase im using tsf launcher that take 50-60 ram, and simple game lije temple run or fruit ninja get little stuck and little stops.
And sometimes when i exit a game it takes time to the widgets and the applications menu to be loaded.
Ipod is much more faster than this device becase of the processor and because of the ssd

I use adw launcher ex and when game is memory hungry lucher redrows when i exit game but it is few seconds...but i did not yet play a game that have lag...nova 3 would probablu lag on maximum setting but i have no way to check it because game runs in low settings..but i have fifa 2012 ,gta 3 ,ME infiltrator,sims free play ,real racing 2 and 10 more games and they no lag at all.My all games are storred on external Sd card class 10 and u use app call "GL to SD" which is free on the market which bacisly mount android data folder to external card ..with out that internal 5 gb would run out very very fast with this big games.

nightfire37

May 26, 2012
Florida

This statement is absolutely false. Ipod's processor is the same processor inside our SGP but slower. Apple (retarted) underclocks the processors which is very stupid and the ssd is nand storage. Still, the same as the SGP. Do some research before you say the Ipods are better. I am not starting a flame war but this is true.

Reactions: Rueben_

kfirbep

Feb 9, 2012
This statement is absolutely false. Ipod's processor is the same processor inside our SGP but slower. Apple (retarted) underclocks the processors which is very stupid and the ssd is nand storage. Still, the same as the SGP. Do some research before you say the Ipods are better. I am not starting a flame war but this is true.

The processor of ipod 4 is faster than our processor and the ssd make lot of things work much faster! I don't see games get little stops when you get out of some game in the middle...you can get out of couple of games and the new game you will open will work just fine,not like the sgp.when you get out of a game it doesnt take time to load the apps in the menu,the multitasking is much better!
The ipod 4 is much faster and got much less stops in games.
I wish that the sgp could be fast as the ipod 4.
I chose sgp 5.0 over the ipod 4 because i wanted bigger screen and better camera if i knew that tge sgp would need chainfire to run pib or other games to run smooth i wouldn't buy it.

nightfire37

May 26, 2012
Florida
The processor of ipod 4 is faster than our processor and the ssd make lot of things work much faster! I don't see games get little stops when you get out of some game in the middle...you can get out of couple of games and the new game you will open will work just fine,not like the sgp.when you get out of a game it doesnt take time to load the apps in the menu,the multitasking is much better!
The ipod 4 is much faster and got much less stops in games.
I wish that the sgp could be fast as the ipod 4.
I chose sgp 5.0 over the ipod 4 because i wanted bigger screen and better camera if i knew that tge sgp would need chainfire to run pib or other games to run smooth i wouldn't buy it.

False again. It is slower. Crapple underclocked the Ipod 4 to 800 Mhz from the original 1 Ghz and the SGP has more RAM than a Crapple Ipod. Ipods have 256 MBs of RAM compared to the SGP which have 377 based on the stock task manager. Again, the SGP are faster. Portable devices arent super computers. They will have some trouble loading certain things.

My reasons why I baught a SGP:
1. Not a Crapple product.
2. Bigger screen
3. Hardware is far more better
4. It runs Android which is open sourced
5. MicroSD support

kfirbep

Feb 9, 2012
False again. It is slower. Crapple underclocked the Ipod 4 to 800 Mhz from the original 1 Ghz and the SGP has more RAM than a Crapple Ipod. Ipods have 256 MBs of RAM compared to the SGP which have 377 based on the stock task manager. Again, the SGP are faster. Portable devices arent super computers. They will have some trouble loading certain things.

My reasons why I baught a SGP:
1. Not a Crapple product.
2. Bigger screen
3. Hardware is far more better
4. It runs Android which is open sourced
5. MicroSD support

From the 377 how much free ram do you have? You don't have the whole 377 ram. The best you can get is 210 ram abd this after you close everything.
Idk maybe it because i have lot of things on my device but i have friends that have lots if things on thier ipod 4 and the results are like that:
1.because the ssd the ipod4 open the game faster.
2.multi tasking is much better! If you will close an app like facebook it won't return to work after 5 minuts.
3.ipod touch doesn't need something like chianfire to run pib or all the over heavy games.
4.when you get out from a game the ipod 4 get out faster than the sgp.
5.the ipod touch doesn't load the apps after you exit from a game.
6.you can get out from games in the middle and when you back to the games they will continue exactly from when you stoped (again multi tasking)
7.even if its only one game you ran or couple of games you ran in the backround the ipod touch will run the game you play much smoother.
If i want to play pib, temple run, mw3,asphalt 6 or nova 3 i must close all the apps in the backround so i will get something like 170-200 free ram so the games will run smooth. But even after that when i have 1.3 ghz and 170-200 free ram i have little stops in the games.

Im NOT an apple fan but in the players the ipod is the winner.
Idk if it's the android or the device but my sgp is slower than the ipod touch.
Im afaid that everytime a friend take the sgp to play he will get the little stops in the game or even to get the device stuck for good until you restart.
The device isn't smoother than the ipod touch even if he has more ram and more powerful processor.
It's about the results are much important than the hardware in the device.
I want the sgp win but unfortunately in this case he isn't.

Sorry that i wrote a lot and sorry for my english :)

DZonikg

Apr 11, 2012
Kragujevac
you sad twice that it had faster procesor which is apsolutly false and now you talk diferent..its 1.3 ghz in my SGP vs 800 mhz in ipod ....370 ram vs 256 ..32 gb sd card in my sgp vs 0 in apple .... 2500 mah vs 930 mah battery in ipod 4 ...5 inch display vs same boring 3.5 and price in my country of SGP is 155 euros and Ipod 4 270 euros ...i would buy ipod only if i am crazy.
And if you dont want programs in background dont use widgets..for apple ipod its still SciFi.

kfirbep

Feb 9, 2012
you sad twice that it had faster procesor which is apsolutly false and now you talk diferent..its 1.3 ghz in my SGP vs 800 mhz in ipod ....370 ram vs 256 ..32 gb sd card in my sgp vs 0 in apple .... 2500 mah vs 930 mah battery in ipod 4 ...5 inch display vs same boring 3.5 and price in my country of SGP is 155 euros and Ipod 4 270 euros ...i would buy ipod only if i am crazy.
And if you dont want programs in background dont use widgets..for apple ipod its still SciFi.

this os not what i said and you need to understand that even if the ipod proceesor is 800 mhz it doesn't mean that the galalxy processor which has 1 ghz will be faster.
take pentium 4 which has 3.1ghz and take i5 which has 2.6 ghz who will be faster?
you will say the pentium 4 because the 3.1 ghz but there are lots of things that make the i5 processor to be faster even if he has 2.6 ghz.
about the ram how much free ram do you have? 170-200 free ram?
the ipod touch has more free ram (not ram,FREE ram).
the ipod touch screen is so much better than the galaxy player!unfortunately it's only 3.5 inch.
and you know what,lets say that the galaxy player is more powerful than the itouch 4.still the itouch 4 works faster and smoother.
i wrote all the things that the itouch run smoother than the sgp in the lest comment so i won't write this things again.

DZonikg

Apr 11, 2012
Kragujevac
this os not what i said and you need to understand that even if the ipod proceesor is 800 mhz it doesn't mean that the galalxy processor which has 1 ghz will be faster.
take pentium 4 which has 3.1ghz and take i5 which has 2.6 ghz who will be faster?
you will say the pentium 4 because the 3.1 ghz but there are lots of things that make the i5 processor to be faster even if he has 2.6 ghz.
the ipod touch has more free ram (not ram,FREE ram).
the ipod touch screen is so much better than the galaxy player!unfortunately it's only 3.5 inch.
and you know what,lets say that the galaxy player is more powerful than the itouch 4.still the itouch 4 works faster and smoother.
i wrote all the things that the itouch run smoother than the sgp in the lest comment so i won't write this things again.

ok so buy ipod i want...i have iphone for 2 years but i dont use it any more..when i bought it i was impressed but now i use it 2 minutes daily just to see if anuone called me on my old number.You can change walpaper (static) and it is all you can do.

kfirbep

Feb 9, 2012
ok so buy ipod i want...i have iphone for 2 years but i dont use it any more..when i bought it i was impressed but now i use it 2 minutes daily just to see if anuone called me on my old number.You can change walpaper (static) and it is all you can do.

Now you are enter to another subject.
I don't like the close system of the idevices too but like i was saying the idevice are faster than some of the android devices (not all of them) and in our case the itouch 4 is faster and smoother than sgp.

DZonikg

Apr 11, 2012
Kragujevac
My SGP is much smother then my iphone 3gs and ipod 4 has mostly similar spec like 3gs ..android is real multitasking so performance depends from user to user..maybe you have to many background aps..i have frozen with titanium backup all blotware or apps that run always in background but i dont use them..

kfirbep

Feb 9, 2012
My SGP is much smother then my iphone 3gs and ipod 4 has mostly similar spec like 3gs ..android is real multitasking so performance depends from user to user..maybe you have to many background aps..i have frozen with titanium backup all blotware or apps that run always in background but i dont use them..

Sometimes i have 200 free ram and the games still has little stops idk why but especially in small games like temple run pib fruit ninja.

gskillivenom

Apr 21, 2012
Klaipeda
From the 377 how much free ram do you have? You don't have the whole 377 ram. The best you can get is 210 ram abd this after you close everything.
Idk maybe it because i have lot of things on my device but i have friends that have lots if things on thier ipod 4 and the results are like that:
1.because the ssd the ipod4 open the game faster.
2.multi tasking is much better! If you will close an app like facebook it won't return to work after 5 minuts.
3.ipod touch doesn't need something like chianfire to run pib or all the over heavy games.
4.when you get out from a game the ipod 4 get out faster than the sgp.
5.the ipod touch doesn't load the apps after you exit from a game.
6.you can get out from games in the middle and when you back to the games they will continue exactly from when you stoped (again multi tasking)
7.even if its only one game you ran or couple of games you ran in the backround the ipod touch will run the game you play much smoother.
If i want to play pib, temple run, mw3,asphalt 6 or nova 3 i must close all the apps in the backround so i will get something like 170-200 free ram so the games will run smooth. But even after that when i have 1.3 ghz and 170-200 free ram i have little stops in the games.

Im NOT an apple fan but in the players the ipod is the winner.
Idk if it's the android or the device but my sgp is slower than the ipod touch.
Im afaid that everytime a friend take the sgp to play he will get the little stops in the game or even to get the device stuck for good until you restart.
The device isn't smoother than the ipod touch even if he has more ram and more powerful processor.
It's about the results are much important than the hardware in the device.
I want the sgp win but unfortunately in this case he isn't.

Sorry that i wrote a lot and sorry for my english :)

The hell is up with u and ur SSD? it isnt as fast as desktop Computer SSD's. No where near the speed of them. It uses a SSD because it uses less power and doesent matter if you drop it. It is NOT faster. Also i dont know about the whole speed thing , but im pretty sure that ur not enjoying the crappy battery and very warm back on ur itouch.
Also Android has far better multitasking. Please learn your facts.
And iTouch 4G has 256 MB Of ram , and runs a Mac os X based OS. U think u have a lot of free ram? No u dont.
Goodbye.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well i've been playing big titles like modern combact 3, nova 2 and 3, asphalt 6 and i dont have any problem with. If u're rooted maybe overclock and u're ready to play. ;)
    Overclocking the cpu on the SGP 5 does nothing. I have GenericGinger with Entropny's (I think that's how you spell his name) and the only thing I have noticed is the booting is quicker and it charges faster due to the kernal. My solution for you is to get Chainfire3D. The SGP 4 and 5 are able to play Nvidia Tegra games with the occasional fps drop. I can play Galaxy on Fire 2 THD on it thanks to Chainfire3D. Install that app and it will literally bring the retarted Apple devices to it's knees. Android FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the ipod touch has more free ram (not ram,FREE ram)

OKAY, DUDE, SERIOUSLY SHUT UP SINCE YOU CLEARLY YOU KNOW NOTHING!
    1: the galaxy player has a hummingbird cpu, and the ipod touch has an A4 cpu; BOTH OF THESE CPU CHIPS ARE BASED ON THE CORTEX A8 ARCHITECTURE, MEANING THEY NEARLY IDENTICAL!
    2: the galaxy player actually has 512mb of ram, some is just designated to the os! Yeah, you will typically only have 200mb max free, but if the ipod only has 256mb, that would mean you only have probably 100mb free, since surely the os needs a lot of that ram! The only reason the ipod seams "faster" is because the os is extremely specialized for Apple's few devices. Android, on the other hand, is designed for any device that wants to run it, so it is not as efficient! CrApple also makes their os so smoothness is top priority; android's top priority is usefulness! Plus, ios is so retardedly simple, it can run smooth on devices with bad hardware! As far as game performance, it is simply because the games are specialized for the few devices on ios, just like the os.

I hope this didn't make your brain burst :p

Sent using Tapatalk
    I do not have a 5.0 player, but I may cooperate with 5.0 devs upon popular demand.

Sent from my EtherealPlayer.

I'm working on a rom for the 5.0 based off the (real) latest stock and would be happy to cooperate on tweaking, as I'm better with the theme part than the tweaks.

Sent from my SGP 5.0 USA with Mevordel's Chip 0.4 firmware