Evernote resolution

Search This thread

nsiti

Mar 28, 2011
Hi folks, I've taken a few handwritten notes, several pages long each, using the stylus on my note Pro. When these files are uploaded to Evernote and I try to view them on my desktop computer, the resolution appears very low and they are unreadable. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yep it sucks.

What I've done is just given up on Evernote for now and I'm using Papyrus along with enabling the premium features in Papyrus which allow full use of tools, PDF export and cloud sync. With the PDF export function I'm able to push notes to Evernote for syncing. The cloud sync to Dropbox also works great with the only downfall being the extremely long sync durations of 12 hours which means you have to go into settings and manually force sync if you need something right away.

Other than that the Papyrus note application is great.

Reactions: nsiti

nsiti

Mar 28, 2011
Hi, and thanks for the idea, I'll look into Papyrus premium.
What a pain though...
Is there a way to export high rez versions of the notes I have taken already with the Samsung note app?

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
I've been using Note Anytime and sending the files through email. I'm disappointed with Evernote..

meikiH71

Apr 6, 2014
Hi folks, I've taken a few handwritten notes, several pages long each, using the stylus on my note Pro. When these files are uploaded to Evernote and I try to view them on my desktop computer, the resolution appears very low and they are unreadable. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi, I used to have the same problem, but I found a workable solution since I really do like the S Note / Evernote combo: When you have finished with your note, save it, give it a usable name, and then use the S Note built in Share option, and simply share it to Evernote using pictures (haven't tried the PDF option, or any other, yet). You'll get beautiful high res images in Evernote! And you can do that with all your existing Notes as well!

Hope this helps, good luck!

Reactions: nsiti

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
You can do the same with LectureNotes, there is also an option for directly exporting into Evernote but I haven't tried it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

knallgrau

Mar 25, 2014
You can do the same with LectureNotes, there is also an option for directly exporting into Evernote but I haven't tried it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Instead of using S-Note (which really is unusable when opened in Evernote on a Mac), think about using the new handwritten note function of Evernote for Android. It does not have the same functionality but the handwritten notes are stored in high resolution. You get perfectly readable large notes in Evernote on a Mac.

nsiti

Mar 28, 2011
You may need to share S-view files because if you simply sync them to Evernote then the files are unreadable on a computer, due to low resolution.

I tried sharing from S-view, selecting PDF and clicking Evernote, and presto it worked like a charm, synced automatically and very readable.

I also tried the sharing an image file via email and the resolution appeared to be a bit better but the file size was significantly larger, plus you need to merge the .png files into a pdf, adding another step. I would only use this when resolution is of utmost importance.

Thanks for the assistance of the above posters, I hope this helps others to figure out what is best for their needs.

Reactions: gthing

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
You may need to share S-view files because if you simply sync them to Evernote then the files are unreadable on a computer, due to low resolution.

I tried sharing from S-view, selecting PDF and clicking Evernote, and presto it worked like a charm, synced automatically and very readable.

I also tried the sharing an image file via email and the resolution appeared to be a bit better but the file size was significantly larger, plus you need to merge the .png files into a pdf, adding another step. I would only use this when resolution is of utmost importance.

Thanks for the assistance of the above posters, I hope this helps others to figure out what is best for their needs.

You could get the s Note pc application. Then view the files natively, Snote Sync stores 2 files in ever note. one for the galaxy to read and the other that sucks

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app

gthing

Feb 13, 2007
SL,UT

Thanks, that's good to know and very annoying!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yep it sucks.

What I've done is just given up on Evernote for now and I'm using Papyrus along with enabling the premium features in Papyrus which allow full use of tools, PDF export and cloud sync. With the PDF export function I'm able to push notes to Evernote for syncing. The cloud sync to Dropbox also works great with the only downfall being the extremely long sync durations of 12 hours which means you have to go into settings and manually force sync if you need something right away.

Other than that the Papyrus note application is great.

Thanks!

Hi, I used to have the same problem, but I found a workable solution since I really do like the S Note / Evernote combo: When you have finished with your note, save it, give it a usable name, and then use the S Note built in Share option, and simply share it to Evernote using pictures (haven't tried the PDF option, or any other, yet). You'll get beautiful high res images in Evernote! And you can do that with all your existing Notes as well!

Hope this helps, good luck!