This is the BETA release of my tweaked stock ROM, based off of the new XXLQ1 Firmware. It uses AROMA to install the ROM and gives the user quite a bit of choice as to what apps to install. There are also some choices for mods and fonts, but these are limited ATM. I HAVE NOT tested all of the AROMA options in terms of apps and fonts, but there is nothing that will break anything....
This is a BETA release, so please don't flash unless you are willing to accept the risk of some bugs....no screenshots test, as it is stock...
- Based on Official Firmware XXLQ1 (ATO);
- AROMA 2.0 Installer;
- Stock kernel,
- Init.d support;
-Removed CPU rendering, full GPU rendering;
- init.d scripts include: RAM management and VM tweaks, zipalign, flash memory performance and more,
- build.prop tweaks for improved screen responsiveness, keeping home app in memory, etc.,
- Most widgets and icons removed from homescreen to make it cleaner and easier to customize (see screenshot),
- Optimized pngs and smali/xml launcher/framework tweaks for a smoother TW experience,
- See change log, in post #2...
Coming Very Soon
- Advanced/extended power menu (debugging now...)
-Homescreen is a bit messy when you first boot, depending on what you install via AROMA.... In the final, I will have all widgets, removed and app shortcuts aligned, so you have a clean slate.
- You tell me....
1. Make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM,
2. Download the flashable .zip file you want below,
3. Reboot into clockwork mod recovery,
4. You must flash the XXLQ1 ICS firmware via ODIN/Heimdall before flashing this ROM! Also, a data wipe is strongly recommended before flashing Thanks.
5. Flash the ROM zip in recovery, following the prompts in the AROMA installer (NOTE: on the custom install menu you need to use the volume keys to scroll up and down, working on this...),
6. Let it boot up and then go through the setup wizard,
7. Let the widgets load up and things settle, sync., etc.,
8. Enjoy, and please post bugs in the thread, if any ( "XDA App keeps force closing" is NOT a bug....).
9. If you like the ROM, please hit the thanks button....!
(Mirror 1, more to come, if needed): http://devhost.xda-developers.com/pNd
- This ROM will flash the modem.bin from the ATO firmware. This should not be an issue for users, but I just want you to know...I have it in there for beta testing purposes, and will remove in future releases...
- If you use tegrak or some other over-clocking app, or if you restore data with Titanium Backup, please do not post bugs you may have when using those programs. The same goes for restoring system data via Titanium Backup. I cannot debug issues arising from their use.
- lowtraxx for helping me with the broken fonts issue...
- More to come...
As with all custom ROMs, you flash the ROM and any other items linked to in this post or the remainder of this thread at your own risk. I cannot and will not be held responsible for anything that may happen to your phone, others or you as a result of flashing this ROM.